BrewMaster or WindWalker for Leveling?

81 Blood Elf Rogue
Which is faster/more efficient?
Reply Quote
52 Blood Elf Monk
Bump for expertise?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Speaking generally, Tank and DPS specs are usually faster to level with than Healing ones, due to the fact that damage and killing capability is higher.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
09/25/2012 10:16 AMPosted by Rokuro
Speaking generally, Tank and DPS specs are usually faster to level with than Healing ones, due to the fact that damage and killing capability is higher.

No kidding.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
No idea where it stands now, because I haven't touched beta for months. At one point keg smash + fire breath was insane for chain-pulling groups, but I believe they toned down both since I played.
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Priest
09/25/2012 10:16 AMPosted by Rokuro

Woah man. With all that knowledge you will probably be the worlds first 90 monk if there isn't one already.
Reply Quote
72 Night Elf Hunter
while my experience is limited to lvl 13 as of yet, my only real beef with running brewmaster while leveling is that so far i have subpar damage and slightly subpar tank. im sure as gear and level improve this wont be the case, but as of this time id say going dps spec just to get the extra damage early on would be a good idea.

EDIT: i suppose its worth noting im not using heirloom gear.
Edited by Kyrin on 9/25/2012 12:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
52 Blood Elf Monk
I was thinking this ^

All the videos I've seen have been

ERH mAH GERD BERWMERSTERZ ERPEE

But I'd like to think WW has something to offer, atleast for leveling sake.

Think I'll go WW

Skin/LW
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I have both specs, currently 35. Brewmaster is really weak until you get a real heal at ~25. You can't pull groups larger than 2 or 3. Once you get to 30 you have a talent heal and a spell heal, and you can start pulling 7+ at a time.

Then it starts to speed up quite a bit.
Reply Quote
91 Pandaren Monk
I'm actually surprised at how fast even Mistweaver is, with the attack power boost from Serpent stance.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
I'm only 27 but I have been switching amongst the specs and only lvling via LFD. Healer is near insta, tank is insta, DPS is <3 mins most of the time (sometimes faster). So ATM I don't think it matters. At max level of course tank is rarest, followed by healer, dps has longer wait.
Reply Quote
Might as well be productive and answer some questions as I sit in a 3 hour logon queu....

Been playing as both in full heirlooms (save the ring, or the pants)

BrM is plenty fast, and MUCH MUCH better for chain pulling/aoeing things down.... I have absolutely no idea why people are saying the survivability was in any way lacking, even at lower levels.... Then again, I'm in full heirlooms, and enchanted. The only mob that even came close to killing me, was the hillsbrad yeti elite... and only because I wasn't in the right spot to avoid the knockback.

WW: What I'm currently rolling with, because mobs in in the later zones are spread further, and the increased single target dps + massive mobility boost of the dragon-kick (name escapes me atm) have made me a huge fan... I am somewhat disappointed with the burst, as compared to BrM.... but I was told to expect WW to be inferior prior to rising sun kick @ 56

I'd actually still say my leveling speed as BrM was a bit faster..... but the mobiliy of WW has me as a fan, even if the damage difference isn't that great and BrM's survivability is much better (not that it's been a problem yet... I have exactly one death total on the toon, and it's from not paying attention/pathing into a rare-elite in NE-WPL (who I think would have rocked my face just as hard as BrM, considering he nearly 1 shot me as WW)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
09/25/2012 11:52 AMPosted by Profession

Woah man. With all that knowledge you will probably be the worlds first 90 monk if there isn't one already.

If one does not like the answer received, perhaps it is the question that needs to be examined. As for reaching level 90, it is the journey that is most important, not the destination. That does not mean I intend to dawdle in my stride, rather, I shall follow the road before me.
Reply Quote
09/25/2012 03:17 PMPosted by Dyridaelson
I'm actually surprised at how fast even Mistweaver is, with the attack power boost from Serpent stance.

I concur.

Questing, my damage is obviously a bit low. But not as low as, say, other healers. I can still get stuff done relatively quickly, and that's what matters.

Que times for dungeons are instant, and I'm pretty much just going melee in dungeons anyways because the passive healing is all I really need to keep the tank up(usually).

I'll probably dual-spec to Windwalker at 30 though just because, yeah, WW will be faster in questing no matter what. But in dungeons? Mistweaver feels like it's going to be a blast.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]