So why did BLizz let instant 80 monks happen?

85 Blood Elf Paladin
..... /sigh .....
Reply Quote
61 Human Death Knight
Why not?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
09/25/2012 06:19 PMPosted by Øbliteration
Why not?

Basically.

Fine with me :P I set up RAF last month, and will be granting this character to 80 soon.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
this guy is level 81 right now? how did that effect your game at all?
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
I think after playing the game, for almost 7 years I should be able to make a level 80 monk. Just add a few hoops to jump through.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Well, my only... critical... opinion about monks being elligible for RaF is that it basically means people purchase the Monk Server 1st.

Having said that... I myself don't care ;)
Reply Quote
09/25/2012 06:31 PMPosted by Mendell
this guy is level 81 right now? how did that effect your game at all?

Because the only possible way to get server first level 90 Monk is if I were to purchase, with real money, a second account and use the RaF benefits from that.

So, yeah, actually, it does effect my game.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Hayo!
Reply Quote
I don't mind people using the RaF level bonus, but I do wish it would remove them from consideration of "Realm First" achieves....

That said, I wouldn't have gotten that either, so meh...
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Well, the downside from a gameplay standpoint would be that players who are already that high up won't be very used to their class, and your PUG runs will suffer for it.

It is also kind of lame that it screws over the achievement.

But hey, Blizzard is trying to get subs up any way they can.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
09/25/2012 07:24 PMPosted by Drosul
I don't mind people using the RaF level bonus, but I do wish it would remove them from consideration of "Realm First" achieves...

yeah, this.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Yeah, after playing this game for a long time, lvling up countless characters, it was nice to be able to use raf, like you have always been able to do with raf, to grant my guy up.
Reply Quote
55 Blood Elf Monk
I can't say I have a problem with it. If I could I personally wouldn't. I didn't like the learning curve forced upon me by starting as a 55 DK and I doubt I would appreciate 80 levels worth of learning curve.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Not looking for server first just looking to raid in the first week of raiding. Without RAF that would have been close to impossible. Level 85 and just got to Panda land while listening to all my guildies talk about new content all day. Seems fair to me and couldn't care less about realm first. Low level play has very little to do with how the classes play at max level.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
10 dollars for raf was srs cash!
Reply Quote
yeah as soon as they announce that up to wrath would be like 10 or 20 dollars me and my buddy just jumped at it, why not have an 80 monk right, it's not like it was an investment.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
One of my 85's did brewery tonight with an 85 monk tanking, hilarity ensued and booted him after the first boss, dude had no idea what he was doing. Oh the joys of RAF bads.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I granted. I agree we shouldn't have been eligible for realm first monk. While its just a Feat of Strength and not worth anything, it was one of the few moments where Blizzard allowed "pay to win" and probably because imagine how all those new dummy accounts will look at the next stock call..

I'm glad I didn't have to level the old slow way, but it should have had a penalty so perhaps not as many would have done it.
Edited by Xinn on 9/26/2012 1:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
09/25/2012 08:48 PMPosted by Glaurfu
Not looking for server first just looking to raid in the first week of raiding. Without RAF that would have been close to impossible. Level 85 and just got to Panda land while listening to all my guildies talk about new content all day. Seems fair to me and couldn't care less about realm first. Low level play has very little to do with how the classes play at max level.

This.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]