Time for a new Mind Flay animation?

Looking at the Warlock beam-like channel spells, graphically they all look better/more exciting, if you know what I mean. Would anyone else like to see Mind Flay updated with a cooler beam animation than just the purple line we have now?

I'm not saying it should copy the way Warlocks channels look, but something a little bit more graphically exciting.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
Mind Flay has already had a graphics upgrade.

Why are people so focused on making every spell more "exciting"?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Hmm I like how discreet MF is for pvp and I do agree that warlocks and mages are getting all those exciting graphs
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Shadow has plenty of exciting graphs. Try out SimulationCraft sometime.
Edited by Consite on 9/26/2012 12:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
71 Worgen Priest
I actually like Mind Flay better than anything the Warlocks have. In fact, I think it's the coolest graphic in the game. No coalescing strands that flow from the caster to the mob. It's a sharp, laser-like beam.

The only thing I would change about Mind Flay is that the beam should fire from the caster's head, not his hands. It's a mental attack, after all. And I think Shadow Priests firing a beam out of their foreheads to hit the mob right between the eyes, would look amazing.

I mean the whole spec looks like a semi transparent shadow, an effect that they pass onto their mounts. What could be cooler than that?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
Well, if you think about it, every magical ability is a mental attack (as they all take concentration from the user), but nnnno, I don't believe Mind Flay is meant to come directly from the Shadow Priest's mind. It attacks the target's mind; however, at the core, it's Shadow magic. It has elements of psychic energy, but the dominant feature is Shadow.

Also, and this is purely opinion, I think that would look absolutely terrible. At the very least, ridiculously absurd.
Reply Quote
71 Worgen Priest
s the target's mind; however, at the core, it's Shadow magic. It has elements of psychic energy, but the dominant feature is Shadow.

Also, and this is purely opinion, I think that would look absolutely terrible. At the very least, ridiculously absurd.

And that's fine. You're entitled to your opinion. Disagreeing with me doesn't make you a bad person; it only makes you wrong! (Just kidding!)

I think it looks pretty silly now, a thin beam coming from both casters hands. My SPriest is a male Night Elf. I actually think the females have a better animation for it than the males do.

I think it would at least be an improvement -- although I still like the idea of it coming from the forehead more -- if it came from a single, pointed finger, rather than both the caster's hands.
Reply Quote
71 Worgen Priest
We could also wax intellectual about what Shadow Magic truly is. Is it, at its core, truly magic? Or is it psionic energy and "Shadow Magic" is merely the name given to it by the primitive denizens of Azeroth, lacking a full understanding of what they're truly dealing with?

Simply put, is Shadow Magic truly magic, or is "Magic" just what the Azerothians call anything they don't fully understand?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
We could also wax intellectual about what Shadow Magic truly is. Is it, at its core, truly magic? Or is it psionic energy and "Shadow Magic" is merely the name given to it by the primitive denizens of Azeroth, lacking a full understanding of what they're truly dealing with?

Simply put, is Shadow Magic truly magic, or is "Magic" just what the Azerothians call anything they don't fully understand?

My personal opinion regarding magic is any ‘energy’ that affects ‘reality’ in a way that is contrary to our understanding of physics.

As to the Mind Flay animation, I'd like to see a 'pulse' travel down the beam for each tick. I'd also like the sound for Mind Flay to be something other than an air hose.
Edited by Vystal on 9/26/2012 8:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
How about we bring back the old Mind Flay Graphic.

BIG BLUE LASER BEAM OF DEATH.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
It's better than what it was
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]