Questing is a !@#$%

90 Troll Hunter
MoP -Pandaria quests are far and away the worst experience I have had questing in WoW ever.

Phasing makes me want to punch the wall. It always has but it ESPECIALLY DID this time.

Quests (namely the one where you have to snipe the enemies in Jade forest) that are dependent on good ping/an excellent mouse (not sure which was making it worse for me, but my mouse literally couldn't respond fast enough even though I was spam clicking.

Quests that just ended, no follow up with 8% of a bar left to go to next level. transitions (I guess if I had played beta, but silly me i didnt want to ruin the content for myself)

I hated this. Im sure that when i replay it and do it all in the order that I've learned (which i would have learned from reading forums and playing the beta) it'll be better, but shouldnt it be playable without that?
Reply Quote
98 Tauren Druid
I've heard a lot of people saying they had problems with the phasing, but i've had no issues so far in jade forest, and found the sniping quest extremely easy. Are there any other quests in particular to watch out for?
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
This has been, without any doubts in my mind, the WORST questing experience I have ever had in this game. The phasing wasn't even the issue, it was the insanely boring grind and gather style that was repeated in every single quest that made this unbearable. I am so relieved that I am nearing 90, and I will never be doing this again.

99.5% of all quests will involve you grinding or gathering, it is so repetitive and so insanely boring that I honestly felt like uninstalling. The only thing that is even keeping me is the raiding because I've heard that's really good.

I understand a grind and gather. I understand all RPGs have this involved. But the way this was set up is just unbearable. For such a peaceful group of people, the amount of killing is byfar the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen.

Not only are the quests incredibly boring, the leveling is especially slow. Slow leveling + terrible quests = disgustingly bad quest design. I heard the jade forest was redone? I'm afraid to even think of what it was before this worthless pile of steaming crap that we were given.

Sorry for the rant, but it's honestly just terrible.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
My problem with the quests is that gearing my newly-dinged 85 RAF buddy from the Panda quests isn't getting us anywhere. Just a piece here, then a half hour later, something else pops up. It kind of limps along. Unless I'm imagining it, the Cata quests in Hyjal were "gear catch-up loot pinatas," with lots of upgrades for new level 80s.

I ended up just making him complete outfits from my tailor and JC so that we could run dungeons together. But those have skimpy loot tables, so I suppose you have to just quest nonstop for gear now? Something seems off.

*Edit: I also agree on the point about the slow leveling. I noticed a lot of people are still running the 3 Twilight heroics and AV because they say it's faster than the Panda content. That's ... seriously? LOL!
Edited by Thedroogs on 9/26/2012 5:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
My problem with the quests is that gearing my newly-dinged 85 RAF buddy from the Panda quests isn't getting us anywhere. Just a piece here, then a half hour later, something else pops up. It kind of limps along. Unless I'm imagining it, the Cata quests in Hyjal were "gear catch-up loot pinatas," with lots of upgrades for new level 80s.

I ended up just making him complete outfits from my tailor and JC so that we could run dungeons together. But those have skimpy loot tables, so I suppose you have to just quest nonstop for gear now? Something seems off.

*Edit: I also agree on the point about the slow leveling. I noticed a lot of people are still running the 3 Twilight heroics and AV because they say it's faster than the Panda content. That's ... seriously? LOL!

There is a vendor that well sell you cheap greens for every slot that you can use very early on in the zone. Buy from him. And I do mean cheap, like 5-10g a slot if I remember right. I used him to gear up my freshly 85 warlock and had no issues.
Edited by Dhelm on 9/26/2012 7:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk

There is a vendor that well sell you cheap greens for every slot that you can use very early on in the zone. Buy from him. And I do mean cheap, like 5-10g a slot if I remember right. I used him to gear up my freshly 85 warlock and had no issues.

Where is this vendor?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
This has been, without any doubts in my mind, the WORST questing experience I have ever had in this game. The phasing wasn't even the issue, it was the insanely boring grind and gather style that was repeated in every single quest that made this unbearable. I am so relieved that I am nearing 90, and I will never be doing this again.

99.5% of all quests will involve you grinding or gathering, it is so repetitive and so insanely boring that I honestly felt like uninstalling. The only thing that is even keeping me is the raiding because I've heard that's really good.

I understand a grind and gather. I understand all RPGs have this involved. But the way this was set up is just unbearable. For such a peaceful group of people, the amount of killing is byfar the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen.

Not only are the quests incredibly boring, the leveling is especially slow. Slow leveling + terrible quests = disgustingly bad quest design. I heard the jade forest was redone? I'm afraid to even think of what it was before this worthless pile of steaming crap that we were given.

Sorry for the rant, but it's honestly just terrible.

Really? The only quests I found to be repetitive and boring were the Hemet Nesingwary quests in the Valley of Four Winds. It felt like a return to Outland-style Hemet instead of the interesting Hemet quests that were in Wrath of the Lich King.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
My only real complaint with the quest themselves is that there are WAY too many "center yourself" and "punch the fruit/rock/wood!" vehicle-control type quests out there. I know on the way to 90 I did a good 20 of 'em, and they stand out because they're all the _EXACT SAME_ quest repeated. Heck, I remember the one in valley of the 4 winds where you do 1 quest, then a rock punch quest, then 1 normal quest, then another rock punch quest, then 1 normal quest, then ANOTHER rock punch quest, all with "center yourself and be strong!" cinematics in between.

I mean... really? I get it. It's a monk/asian themed expansion. There's more to that culture than meditating and punching inanimate objects, it just felt like every quest designer thought they were gonna be the only ones to go at it from that angle and none of them talked to each other about it. lol.
Edited by Ðrave on 9/27/2012 2:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Troll Rogue
i didn't mind the questing.. only thing i have hated is that damn NPC kovok.. won't stop..with the annyoing generic sound.. had to turn my sound off.
Edited by Kabookie on 9/27/2012 6:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest

THANK YOU!

*Update: I found a handy chart of the leveling gear vendors here: http://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/10hwqo/list_of_leveling_gear_vendors_in_pandaria/
Edited by Thedroogs on 9/27/2012 7:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
The questing in this expansion is beyond horrible. It just goes on for freaking EVER... I don't expect leveling to be fast, but I've literally quested for about 7 hours a day the past 2 days, and haven't even gotten from 86-88... The experience is terrible, and the quests are often boring and monotonous. I would mind them being boring if I didn't have to do almost 150 of them just to level...

Or maybe it's just the fact that it's taking me 20-30 seconds to kill a single normal mob? I've tried every spec, I know I'm not doing anything wrong, and yet it takes almost a minute just to kill 2 things... It's just pathetic.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
seemed fine to me.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Warrior
Yeah i gotta agree, i JUST finished levelling up my warlock to 85 two days before the expansion release, it was my 4th 85, i can say with all honesty that questing in pandaria compared to previously released expansions is pretty bad.

Yes i had the two heirlooms on, but they only make a dent in the armour, you still have to quest, but going from 84-85 felt fine, pretty decent, going from 85-86 on this warrior was painfully noticeable, now im about 2 hours off 90 at 47% and can say with all honesty the death knight and paladin are going to have to wait a while, i would rather not re-experience that grindfest on 3 other toons.

I pulled an all nighter from 4:30pm to 1pm the second day of release and it got me from 85 at 86% to 87 at 30%. THAT, was hoarse $hit.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
So far my main complaint is that there are so many panda farm quests, Valley of the four winds was probably the most boring questing experience Ive ever had.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Seeing as there isn't that much phasing in Pandaria and you can mostly see people in other phases, I'm gonna say you're a troll.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Hunter
Hehe. Geesh people, ALWAYS COMPLAINING! Why is this so bad? I am having a blast doing these quest! The scenery is awesome, the animals are beautiful, and some quest are yes....hard in some cases. (Think Mutant Bunnies in the Farms) I also have 3 new Hunter Pets already! Relax, take your time, and enjoy!
Edited by Aluetta on 9/28/2012 7:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
91 Draenei Shaman
Phasing isn't an issue... where is there heavy phasing in the questing experience that is hindering gameplay like how Twilight Highlands had? They have a better method of handling different quest points so that you can group with friends who just started a zone... I call trolling or unwarranted QQ'ing.

My only problem with the questing SO far was the Nesingwary quests, where you had to kill 15 Tigers/etc which felt more grindy than needed.

I'm loving the quests so far, especially since obviously it's the first time through so the story is pretty engaging to read and etc. Plenty of voice acting so far, not too overly done to help set the tone and a couple nice short sequences thrown in for good measure.

Level flow feels slow, because that is what the developers wanted. They want players to play through the content on foot and see a good deal of the zones. Expect down the road some EXP adjustments if there is enough feedback/perhaps a buff for running it on more alts? We shall see.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I hated it more than any other time questing in WoW.

Too grindy, droprates often suck, mobs too much health and sometimes hit harder than heroic mobs??
Reply Quote
100 Troll Warrior
09/28/2012 10:36 AMPosted by Talura
Too grindy, droprates often suck, mobs too much health and sometimes hit harder than heroic mobs??

By "heroic mobs", I assume you mean the mobs in Cataclysm level 85 heroic 5-mans.

Frankly, I'd expect them to hit harder than level 85 heroic mobs, especially if the mobs in question are level 89 or 90.

And as far as "too much health" goes -- do you even remember how the health-point totals for the mobs in the Cataclysm questing zones escalated? Level 80 Northrend mobs typically had about 15,000 health. Level 80 mobs in Mount Hyjal or Vash'jir typically had about 30,000 health. Level 84 mobs in the Twilight Highlands typically had close to 100,000 health. That's nearly seven times the health points of level 80 Northrend mobs.

I'm surprised the mob health totals in Pandaria haven't scaled even HIGHER.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Warrior
Relax, take your time, and enjoy!

I wish I could.

But if I want to have any chance of farming Coren Direbrew this Brewfest, I have to get to level 89 as fast as I possibly can. The timing of Brewfest this year couldn't have been worse, especially with Coren Direbrew being a level 90 dungeon boss now. Didn't Blizzard know that this would mean players would have to speed through all the new content and blast their way to 90?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]