Tanks can solo MoP dungeons at 90

80 Blood Elf Warlock
I soloed Wise Man with my level 86 prot warrior named Ködenüzali on one of my other accounts....in pvp gear that had dmg gems and enchants, not surv. (undergeared level 86 in other words) I just had to stay in Def Stance for 25% less dmg taken. And use shield slam to give enough rage to use shield barrier to absorb dmg. Second Wind heals for 3% hp per second so falling below 35% hp is not too much of a concern. Then, once you get to boss, kite the elemental dudes to back of room where the pool of water has a gap. So each time the bursting water blows upwards, you know when it is coming and can get away.

None of his personal adds give Vic Rushes so just have to keep the shield barrier up. Then when he does the water beam, you just run up to him and attack him from behind while running in circles. Entire encounter as a crap geared prot takes 11 minutes, 23 seconds. (for me). As for the next two guys, Strife and his friend, I was able to take them super low, but not finish them off completely. My theory: With the way that Second Wind functions now, I think it may either be nerfed, or fixed to heal more evenly. As a prot, it becomes possible to kill 3 or more moderately geared alliance of your own level back to back if they are not too skilled, or you can solo dungeons. Still in mostly cata pvp gear. What would full PvE tanking gear on a 90 be like? Soloing dungeon bosses the day they come out...for a dungeon of your own level...should not be happening. The trash pulls are easily soloable too (did those with ease. Back to back Vic Rushes). Even with a fail warrior without any pves. Does it get any harder? I hope so. If an 86 soloes the bosses, think of how faceroll it will be at 90. ANd just to think, done with a crap geared alt on an alt account.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
"Wise Man" is probably the easiest boss to solo. Avoid water spray, win. Pretty simple.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
I have seen 280-285k HP tanks at level 88. Obviously you are looking at 350-400k+ once level 90. Old raid soloing now made easier lol.
Edited by Lythria on 9/26/2012 5:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
A boss that's all about avoiding relatively simple things tuned for people who don't know how to play while levelling is easy to solo when avoiding things.

Who woulda thunk it.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Warlock
A boss that's all about avoiding relatively simple things tuned for people who don't know how to play while levelling is easy to solo when avoiding things.

Who woulda thunk it.

Done by a level 86 warrior that had 164k hp in tank spec using gear that originally arms pvp gear. Only boss that I tried to solo, and I cleared all other dungeon trash with ease and without dieing once. Point is, if it's this easy at 86, how will it be at 90. Already seeing vl 90 tanks with around 200k hp more than I had that day. This is even pre MoP tier gear too + pre good enchant/gems too.
Edited by Qle on 9/27/2012 7:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Troll Warrior
09/27/2012 07:08 AMPosted by Qle
Done by a level 86 warrior that had 164k hp in tank spec using gear that originally arms pvp gear.

You're missing the point. Mari doesn't actually attack you. If you stay out of the water and don't get hit by the Spout, the only damage you really take about is the Elementals. I wouldn't be surprised if there's some non-tank specs that can solo it.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
09/27/2012 07:27 AMPosted by Sildas
Done by a level 86 warrior that had 164k hp in tank spec using gear that originally arms pvp gear.

You're missing the point. Mari doesn't actually attack you. If you stay out of the water and don't get hit by the Spout, the only damage you really take about is the Elementals. I wouldn't be surprised if there's some non-tank specs that can solo it.

this
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Point is, if it's this easy at 86, how will it be at 90.
You won't be doing it at 90. You'll be doing a more difficult version of it, code-named "heroic".
Reply Quote
They're easy. I was doing Cata heroics at ilvl 380+ and MoP Heroics are easier than that, and we're in starter blues (ilvl 440) at the moment.

They added Challenge Mode so they nerfed Heroics. They're essentially just Normals with higher HP and higher damage. Steamrolled through most of them without even knowing the fights. It's very difficult to wipe. There are no "instant death" mechanics like other dungeons in the past had.

Some of the bosses you can literally STAND IN THE FIRE the entire fight, and you won't wipe. This goes for your entire group.
Edited by Bbqsauce on 9/27/2012 5:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Done by a level 86 warrior that had 164k hp in tank spec using gear that originally arms pvp gear. Only boss that I tried to solo, and I cleared all other dungeon trash with ease and without dieing once. Point is, if it's this easy at 86, how will it be at 90. Already seeing vl 90 tanks with around 200k hp more than I had that day. This is even pre MoP tier gear too + pre good enchant/gems too.

It's kinda irrelevant. The entire check of the encounter is in avoiding the things, and when you do that you take next to no damage.

The same thing was possible in some of the Wrath and Cataclysm bosses too.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
Soloed that same boss on an 87 Disc Priest. Took a while (16 min 40 sec) but was easy.
First trash pack after him killed me though.
Reply Quote
94 Pandaren Warrior
Pretty sure DKs solo'd every cata heroic in cata.

Spriest could solo H alysrazor during dragon soul as well.

Soloing normals is just par for the course.

Not to mention yeah, dont stand in crap boss is easy when you dont stand in crap
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
10/02/2012 06:32 PMPosted by Ðemolition
Not to mention yeah, dont stand in crap boss is easy when you dont stand in crap

He's easier if you stand in the spout, really. Trivial damage but tens of thousands of AP.

Strife and Peril were more interesting to solo, though I wouldn't recommend it (unless you like sitting around waiting for CDs to come up multiple times throughout the fight, that is).
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Second Wind is severely overpowered right now. I made a preview character on chardev - gave it some heroic dungeon gear and crafted items - 500k hp when taking pure stam gems and enchants. 3% of 500k means a 15k heal every second!

For a joke I made a Tauren tank with the very best enchants and gear, resulting in around 780k health. You then apply full raid buffs to that and you could probably break 950k! That's almost 30k hp per second...
Reply Quote
94 Pandaren Warrior
Second Wind is severely overpowered right now. I made a preview character on chardev - gave it some heroic dungeon gear and crafted items - 500k hp when taking pure stam gems and enchants. 3% of 500k means a 15k heal every second!

For a joke I made a Tauren tank with the very best enchants and gear, resulting in around 780k health. You then apply full raid buffs to that and you could probably break 950k! That's almost 30k hp per second...

Deathknights.

Checkmate.

That being said, what non trivial content does less than 30k dps
Edited by Ðemolition on 10/14/2012 10:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
19 Worgen Warrior
I'm really not complaining anymore.

I've accepted that 5 man instances are faceroll anyways, and If I can solo 5 mans on my prot warrior - so much the better.

This is coming from a person who wanted to have difficult heroics.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
They're easy. I was doing Cata heroics at ilvl 380+ and MoP Heroics are easier than that, and we're in starter blues (ilvl 440) at the moment.

They added Challenge Mode so they nerfed Heroics. They're essentially just Normals with higher HP and higher damage. Steamrolled through most of them without even knowing the fights. It's very difficult to wipe. There are no "instant death" mechanics like other dungeons in the past had.

Some of the bosses you can literally STAND IN THE FIRE the entire fight, and you won't wipe. This goes for your entire group.

Sorry I'm really bad with the names. There is one final boss that is in a round room with spiral stairs. This dude does a swirling fire bit that if it touches you, it picks you up and carries you around until you die. Technique is to run up the stairs and wait for him to come after you then jump back down to the bottom and wait for him to come back.

Anyway, that's an insta-wipe but the only one I have seen. Gotta say that's good too. I'm tired of content being harder just because.
Reply Quote
I soloed most Cata heroics at 85. Also I soloed Normal mode temple of the jade serpent in its entirety at 85. Means nothing. I rolled in there in ilvl 400, way overgeared. Most things didn't even break blood shield. Normal modes should be undertuned.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]