Mote of Harmony, Spirit of Harmony

89 Undead Priest
From what I see the drop rate is around 1%. From what I've read it's much lower.

So if I ever want to make a level 85 staff that takes 2 spirit of harmony's to level with, i'll be 90 by the time I can make it. Then the level 90 staff which takes 5, well, that is just not going to happen for me. It would be impossible to make one for yourself, let alone sell one on the ah.

From what I've read on wowhead, you can "farm" them after grinding rep and doing dailies OVER AND OVER again. Looks like you need to be 90 for that.

I don't deal well with stupidity, and this is way over the edge. I rarely do daily's because I have a job. I want to play a game.

Guess this is another xpac i won't be playing.
Reply Quote
10 Goblin Warlock
I don't know if this is helpful or not, but my hunter at 85 about 2/3 of the way through the first area, Jade Forest, has gotten 6 of the motes of harmony. I don't consider my looting to be rather lucky. Usually if people get it in 1 or 2 tries it takes me 10. Guess I am just saying it may not be as bad as you think.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Hmm weird.
I have played for a total of about 5 hours on 2 toons and had 8 motes drop on this one and 2 motes drop on my mage.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
I've not finished Jade Forest and have one SoH. Other players have said that they seem to drop more frequently from higher leveled mobs.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Played for a few hours yesterday got 9 to drop.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Im about 3/4's of the way to 87, and just started questing in the Valley and I've gotten 2 Harmony's and about 2 motes. I guess I'm a little luckier than most, but that still seems kind of low for the amount of them you need for certain items/patterns/etc.
Reply Quote
I'm 1/4 through level 86 and I have collected a total of 1 mote. RNG not on my side it seems.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
The worse part of all this BoP with this item is duel gathering toons are going to be punished for a long time till they change the status on them.....They should of made these things BoA.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I do agree that a BOA system with these motes is a bit more desirable. Knowing blizzard, they will more than likely be doing something to answer the public outcry at the inefficiency of the new system.

That being said......

I do enjoy the crafting element of the game, and am somewhat welcoming of the challenge it takes to craft now, although it could get annoying later on.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
aus
I am 87 with 17 motes, My gatherer is 85.25 just from mining/herbing and has 7. On beta their where 2 known areas that seemed to be consistent around 10%
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
09/26/2012 04:14 AMPosted by Enki
I don't deal well with stupidity

Then why do you put apostrophes in plurals?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
aus
09/26/2012 02:19 PMPosted by Moused
The worse part of all this BoP with this item is duel gathering toons are going to be punished for a long time till they change the status on them.....They should of made these things BoA.

My gatherer can turn in a spirit for 3 lotus, 3 lotus currently are 1k gold each. So for my dual gatherer 1 spirit = 3k gold.

Currently I am looking at buying a Mist-Piercing Goggles made by engineers, currently they are selling for 5k and use 2 spirits. So for a engineer 1 Spirit = 2.4k gold. How are dual gatherers being punished again?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
The whole Spirit of Harmony system is terrible. In an expansion where they constantly touted increasing the play options for people they decided to severely restrict that of the tradeskill alt army players. They need to be unbound entirely, like motes in every other expansion.
Reply Quote
89 Undead Priest
Well, wowhead shows between 6 and 67 percent drop rate, it's obviously not live data they pulled that from.

I think someone got there calculations wrong, or more likely misplaced a decimal point from the numbers I get.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I have leveled now to around 87.5 and I have 2 spirits and an additional 8 motes. I am assuming by the time I hit 90 that I will have 5-6 spirits in total. We'll see what happens though.

The drop rate has gotten much better with the lvl 86 and lvl 87 mobs.

I personally like the idea of a required rare material not needing multiple people to acquire it. We'll see how it goes as time goes on. I'm going to assume that we're going to see them as BoA eventually.

~K
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
09/26/2012 04:26 PMPosted by Mate

My gatherer can turn in a spirit for 3 lotus, 3 lotus currently are 1k gold each. So for my dual gatherer 1 spirit = 3k gold.

Currently I am looking at buying a Mist-Piercing Goggles made by engineers, currently they are selling for 5k and use 2 spirits. So for a engineer 1 Spirit = 2.4k gold. How are dual gatherers being punished again?

Ha Thanks Mate! You reminded me to check the Ah for the Mist-Piercing Goggles as my Engineer has no motes atm and well I found one on the AH for 450g :)
Reply Quote
89 Orc Shaman
As long as you are killing mobs you should get enough by the time you actually need it. At level 88 and already have 5 spirits and some motes.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Heres a tip i learned too late.

In the Jade Forest dungeon, the quest line where you actually do a bunch of quests inside, not the actual dungeon..

The little water droplet elemental seem to have a HUGE drop rate, compared to other mobs at that level.

Farm these while you can, because once you complete the quest chain inside, it becomes the dungeon and you can not go back in.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
09/26/2012 04:26 PMPosted by Mate

Because you'll need a production + gathering combo if you want to actually make the highest level profession items .
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]