Mote of Harmony, Spirit of Harmony

90 Night Elf Druid
leveling all the way to 90, I picked up only enough motes to make 7 spirit of harmony.

I spent 2 hours this morning killing level 90 mobs and got 3 motes. I am not sure where the 15% droprate comes from (read somewhere here or wowhead) but it's sure not anywhere near accurate.
the droprate is.. simply bad. I'm doing my best to cope with that fact and try to enjoy other aspects of this expansion.
Reply Quote
looks like it we're all so sad
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
I was disappointed to find the Spirit of Harmony was BoP. I don’t see the win win part of it. I see it as it alienates those people that don’t have the time to grind out the harmonies on another toon while I’m in queue on my main/raiding/whatever toon.
Reply Quote
From what I see the drop rate is around 1%. From what I've read it's much lower.

So if I ever want to make a level 85 staff that takes 2 spirit of harmony's to level with, i'll be 90 by the time I can make it. Then the level 90 staff which takes 5, well, that is just not going to happen for me. It would be impossible to make one for yourself, let alone sell one on the ah.

From what I've read on wowhead, you can "farm" them after grinding rep and doing dailies OVER AND OVER again. Looks like you need to be 90 for that.

I don't deal well with stupidity, and this is way over the edge. I rarely do daily's because I have a job. I want to play a game.

Guess this is another xpac i won't be playing.

You can also fish them up. They drop from the crates from pools and junk piles.

The drop rate seems to be just under 1 per hour in regular grinding for me.
Reply Quote
86 Gnome Rogue
"Because you'll need a production + gathering combo if you want to actually make the highest level profession items "

That's untrue. You don't need a "Gathering" char (Herbalists, Miners or Skinners) to "get" the motes (I'm avoiding calling it "gathering motes"), and these professions don't do it any faster than others. The Misty goggles don't help either. It's purely killing mobs.

So the best user of motes would be a crafter, or perhaps a dual crafter. Engineering, Blacksmithing, Leatherworking and Tailoring need them just to get the recipes. Probably the others need them to use in some recipes.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I did every quest in Jade Forest and am working on Valley right now. I think I have looted maybe 10 motes, MAYBE. It's either 9 or 10. :(
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
From what I see the drop rate is around 1%. From what I've read it's much lower.

So if I ever want to make a level 85 staff that takes 2 spirit of harmony's to level with, i'll be 90 by the time I can make it. Then the level 90 staff which takes 5, well, that is just not going to happen for me. It would be impossible to make one for yourself, let alone sell one on the ah.

Funny, because I had 2 Spirits of Harmony by the time I was 87.

I walked into Shrine of the Seven Stars and used them to purchase 2 Blacksmithing patterns the moment the zone was open to me.
Reply Quote
The dumbest thing is the requirement that these are needed to make BS weapons. Lv 85 BS weapons. By the time you have enough SoH to make the weapons you have outleveled the weapons! The patterns are absolutely useless.

REALLY STUPID.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
The dumbest thing is the requirement that these are needed to make BS weapons. Lv 85 BS weapons. By the time you have enough SoH to make the weapons you have outleveled the weapons! The patterns are absolutely useless.

REALLY STUPID.

This was also the case in Cataclysm too. Mists of Pandaria is no different in this regard.

The last time we had a blacksmithing weapon that was easily made, was the Titansteel Destroyer, and guess what. Everyone had one. It was the first thing you did when you hit 80 on a plate DPS char was to go hit up the AH and pick one up for 600-1k gold. It was so easy to make that it practically made any two hander found in heroics completely obsolete. That's the problem with keeping them cheap, everyone easily gets ahold of them and completely breaks the normal progression of gear.

If you want another idea of how weapons are always treated differently look at the Staffs that Scribes can now make. Imagine how long it's going to take before we see any of THOSE being used.
Edited by Vindicare on 10/1/2012 5:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
10/01/2012 05:38 AMPosted by Zemishok

If only there were some way you could make the weapon on one character, and transfer it to another. Or maybe even sell it to another player.

They should totally implement something like that.

Edit: The weapons are significantly stronger than the weapons that would otherwise be available at that level, any more than the first wave of characters leveling to 80 were supposed to have heirlooms. The first wave of characters leveling to 90 isn't supposed to have access to them. They're for alts, twinks, and players leveling months from now, when spirits of harmony have declined in value to the point where the weapons might sell for 1000-1500g.

10/01/2012 05:38 AMPosted by Zemishok
REALLY STUPID.

Yeah...
Edited by Keeblik on 10/1/2012 5:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
10/01/2012 05:44 AMPosted by Keeblik

If only there were some way you could make the weapon on one character, and transfer it to another. Or maybe even sell it to another player.

They should totally implement something like that.

Edit: The weapons are significantly stronger than the weapons that would otherwise be available at that level, any more than the first wave of characters leveling to 80 were supposed to have heirlooms. The first wave of characters leveling to 90 isn't supposed to have access to them. They're for alts, twinks, and players leveling months from now, when spirits of harmony have declined in value to the point where the weapons might sell for 1000-1500g.

REALLY STUPID.

Yeah...

If that is the case then why are they trained at such a low BS level? Again it's stupid to need such a high amount of SoH when a leveling character would not even be able to make the damn things.

And yeah, sure, you can make them for alts way down the line. But that's way down the line. I'm well aware of how that works. So save your snarky comments for yourself.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
If that is the case then why are they trained at such a low BS level? Again it's stupid to need such a high amount of SoH when a leveling character would not even be able to make the damn things.

And yeah, sure, you can make them for alts way down the line. But that's way down the line. I'm well aware of how that works. So save your snarky comments for yourself.

If the items were BoP, you would have a legitimate gripe. But they are meant to be crafted and sold to other characters. So stipulating that you have to craft the item yourself rather than just buying it off of the AH is purely your problem, not a flaw with the system.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I get them all the time more like 5% actually
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
Maybe I'm just lucky, but as of this moment, I'm sitting on 3 Spirits of Harmony and 6 motes in my bank. And this is after crafting myself the Rain Poppy Staff which needs two to make.

I don't really see any issues at all...
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Is anyone else annoyed that a spirit harmony is soul bound, which means unless you want to make something for yourself you need to go and farm them, no buying off the AH. Also if you do not have a crafting profession they are use less, and unlike most level 90 materials there is no money to be made from them. Considering how every crafting profession uses them why wouldn't you allow other people to farm them to feed those people who need them, or even give them to another character, friend, guild member or guild bank. The whole thought of this critical material being soul bound is just selfish.
Edited by Scrout on 10/1/2012 12:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
10/01/2012 11:51 AMPosted by Scrout
Is anyone else annoyed that a spirit harmony is soul bound which means unless you want to make something for yourself YOU NEED a gathering profession. If you do not have a crafting profession they are use less, and unlike most level 90 materials there is no money to be made from them. Also considering how every crafting profession uses them why wouldn't you allow other people to farm them to feed those people who need them, or even give them to yourself or a fellow guild member. The whole thought of this critical material being soul bound is just selfish.

Motes do not drop from gathering professions. So no one needs a gathering profession unless they want one. My main just hit 90 yesterday and I am sitting at 66 motes.

SoH are not useless, even if you lack a profession that uses them. They can be traded in the Vale of Blossoms for 3 golden lotus (600+ on my AH each last night) or a variety of other materials that can be used or sold...I wonder if I can buy rep with them?

And the main point of SoH, as stated in a blue post by Blizzard less then a month ago I believe, was to get people back out into the world, seeing the content. They don't want you sitting between the AH and the mailbox all day long crafting items with mats sent to you by other players. BoP SoH accomplishes this, as you have to go out into the world and kill crap, though eventually you can grow your own SoH with Tiller's rep.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
By the time I hit 90 I'd gathered about 70 motes. Some mobs definitely seemed to drop them more -- I got 7 in 10 minutes killing water fiends in Stormstout Brewery (during the quest where you go inside with Chen, not the dungeon instance) -- but that's obviously not a big enough sample size to make a conclusion.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]