Mote of Harmony, Spirit of Harmony

100 Human Death Knight
Thank you for the information I did not know that, I also just realized that yes you get them from mob drops. But it still bums me out that I gathered a few on this character to level engi on another, and i cant use them. But I still think they should not be soul bound because they are very useful and you listed many more than i knew of. I think being able to sell or trade them benefits the game by making other players more involved in your crafts
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
It's not as bad as you might think. The game is still new and you don't know for a fact that the drop rates are super low. You don't fully understand how to gather them and what places/mobs are good for drops.

You don't get to level 90 overnight if you are a casual player and you won't get all the motes you need to craft everything you want to in a day or an hour. It takes time and effort.

Regardless I have purchased 10 of the patterns with Spirit of Harmony (10 Motes of Harmony = 1 Spirit of Harmony) and I made a weapon which requires 2 SOH. That is 12 SOH and the game isn't even a week old yet!

We will all learn how to farm these bad boys. They drop everywhere (even in dungeons) so pay attention to where they drop more frequently. Dailies seem pretty much required to get reputation so you better just do them (they get faster/easier with practice) and as a bonus to doing them you get valor points and other nice rewards!
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
leveling all the way to 90, I picked up only enough motes to make 7 spirit of harmony.

I spent 2 hours this morning killing level 90 mobs and got 3 motes. I am not sure where the 15% droprate comes from (read somewhere here or wowhead) but it's sure not anywhere near accurate.
the droprate is.. simply bad. I'm doing my best to cope with that fact and try to enjoy other aspects of this expansion.

Don't waste two hours farming if you aren't getting good drop rates. Poke around in different areas and find a place that works. I will tell you that the Turtles, Crabs, Naga-like mobs along the southern beaches of Dread Wastes seems promising. Check it out...
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
10/01/2012 11:51 AMPosted by Scrout
Is anyone else annoyed that a spirit harmony is soul bound, which means unless you want to make something for yourself you need to go and farm them, no buying off the AH.

That's sort of the whole point.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
BOP spirits are there to benefit crafting professions. Making them not BOA ensures the scarcity and increases the profitability to crafters.

Crafting has for a long time been a lot harder to generate profit than gathering. This is a step in the right direction.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
As a LW, I need a SoH to purchase patterns and of last night I'm up to 13 patterns. So yes, the motes drop.

I found my farming spot for these and it's a place where I earn rep too. So good luck!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
As a LW, I need a SoH to purchase patterns and of last night I'm up to 13 patterns. So yes, the motes drop.

I found my farming spot for these and it's a place where I earn rep too. So good luck!

^ agreed. I've farmed up about 8 Spirits since level 90... not sure if you can farm the actual spirit as a drop, but I farmed mine through gathering 80 individual motes. It's just a pain when you are looking for the drop everytime you loot.

Just keep an eye out as you hunt/daily/gather. You will (should) find a good spot to farm them
Reply Quote
88 Dwarf Priest
Oh, my goodness! This waiting and working on our professions is ridiculous! We need it now, now, now and all every toon we have!! Now, on a serious note..anyone who's remotely serious about crafting knew this well before and came to terms with the rhyme and reason. I hope that Blizzard sticks to their word, but I imagine after sufficent crying that it'll change before long.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Why do people complain about having to actually play the game to get thing ? I am only 88 but have like 30 motes so far they come when they come. There will be a time in the near future when your gonna complain about having all these harmony just taking up bag space LOL.

As for needing materials to craft you really don't need those to level either as just questing gives you your gear upgrades i've got level 419 blue gear from quest rewards and even a 434 blue and i'm not even in the highest level areas yet.

motes drop off pretty much everything so just go out and kill stuff there is tons of things you need to kill for quests and the story lines are new and tie together its pretty fun so far.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Death Knight
oh for the love of god blizzard! i farmed for hours yesterday and ran a ton of dungeons, and got 8 shards, seriously? not even enough to make 1 spirit of harmony, its bad enough the chest takes 8 living steel at 2500 a pop, but they take 8 spirits to craft, this is messed up, so if i want the chest and hands i need 16 spirit shards and 16 living steel, all this once i hit honored with klaxxi, sort of seemed like quite the let down.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
ok, i have been level 90 for two days now.... duirng my leveling, i walked everywhere. if i saw an encounter i attacked it. if one attacked me, i didnt run off. when i completed a quest i didnt get on my mount and hurry back to the quest giver with 5 mobs trailing and chasing me.....
what did i get? enough motes to make 15 spirits. i have not found one place where they drop more than others.... it all seems very random.... but putting your self in a spot where your vulneralbe and encountering lots of mobs seems to be as good a place as any. i also checked out wowheads listing of dropage.... they listed a porque pine on a shore up north as a 1 and 3 drop rate. ..... Wrong.... heck there wasnt but 6 porque pines in the whole area and only one dropped a mote for me. i felt that was more luck than a percentage of kills. i found the same faulty percentages with their other listings too. so dont count on it. i do know there were many times while leveling i would hit a streek of motes, and think, ah ha! i have found the holy grail. but 10 to 15 kills later with nothing falling proved that wrong..... so i believe the answer is going to be we have a small chance to get them from any bad guy or animal. in the end its just going to be how lucky we are at the moment. can you imagine how packed any area would be if there was any know spot of gremlins handing these out would be??/ it would be like the premiere night pandaria went live.... you couldnt see the ground for all the folks and their mounts. just my two cents....
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I just think the drop rate is a little low. Just a few more % and i would be happy with this system. But then its more of the same. Blizz dosent like bots but sometimes i feel like one. Leveling LW at lvl 80 farming 410 Thick Leather. Or spending 3 days in a Yeti cave farming 410 Rugged Leather and not building a Ironman suit...Trying to lvl tailoring with Frostweave part had me ganked over and over and over(not that i care about a little pvp but it slows down farming)...500g/stack in the AH because of that. 1400 Frostweave Cloth???? At least with ore and herbs you can fly around and farm up all the mats you need for the whole thing in a few days. Killing mobs takes 100x more time(although you do get other stuff). I'm not saying give me free 600 but say.. take it down a notch. 200 Thick leather for example. Or 500 frostweave...I understand that this type of game is mostly just carrot on a stick but if you put the carrot to far away the rabit will give up. 3 days of grinding mobs mindlessly in a yeti cave for 50points in LW is a bit much when i farmed up enough ore to lvl engineering to 500 in 3 days. AND STILL NO IRON MAN SUIT!! MWaahahahAHHHH.... ok.

edit: IMO just a few parts need to be smoothed out. I did make a few thousand gold from DE'n all the greens. But if i have to see another yeti... bleh...
Edited by Delyne on 10/3/2012 10:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Mage
Go kill more things. They also drop more often from higher level mobs.

I've blowin through about 20 of them making BoE staves and whatnot as well as doing the extra scroll of wisdom quest. Right now I still have 9 or 10.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Just made a tumblr with wow tips.

First post is a MoH post.

wow-tips.tumblr.com/
Edit: If posting a tumblr link is against forum rules, woopzzzzzzzzzz.
Edited by Vitzrules on 10/4/2012 12:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Death Knight
If you aren't 90 and are complaining about motes you are doing it wrong. Drop rate is higher the higher the creature is. I have gotten around 25 spirits and i haven't even been trying. Just playing the game, looting mobs and doing business as usual.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Yes but RNG can sting sometimes. Got 16 motes before hitting 86. Then nothing till half way though 87 then 4 more in 1 quest. Got 12 on another toon and hasent even been to the second town yet.
Edited by Delyne on 10/4/2012 7:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
No, Blizzard is doing it wrong. BoA at a maximum, BoE at a minimum. Sure I can farm them on my 90. I can forgo leveling another one of my toons, or working on professions, or trying to actually enjoy the game. Nope they are BoP so I can't level/gear up somebody else. I can't gather herbs and ore on my gatherer because my inscriptionist needs more mats but I need to have my inscriptionist out there getting SoH.

This BoA junk isn't improving my game experience. I'm fine with rarity and gating gear to those that have an abundance of time over the working class stiff with 2.3 kids and 1.8 pets that only has 1.4 hours a night to play.

CRZ is going to help this I'm sure when they unlock Panderia for CRZ, LOL.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
No, Blizzard is doing it wrong. BoA at a maximum, BoE at a minimum. Sure I can farm them on my 90. I can forgo leveling another one of my toons, or working on professions, or trying to actually enjoy the game. Nope they are BoP so I can't level/gear up somebody else. I can't gather herbs and ore on my gatherer because my inscriptionist needs more mats but I need to have my inscriptionist out there getting SoH.

This BoA junk isn't improving my game experience. I'm fine with rarity and gating gear to those that have an abundance of time over the working class stiff with 2.3 kids and 1.8 pets that only has 1.4 hours a night to play.

CRZ is going to help this I'm sure when they unlock Panderia for CRZ, LOL.

If your time is limited, why are you wasting it with a gatherer? Play the character you enjoy playing, and level the professions you enjoy using, not the ones you are "obligated" to play.

Within the month, I suspect that the node spawn rate will be nerfed, the cloth drop rate will be brought in-line with Cata, and the bots will have established new gathering routes. As a result, you will make more gold per hour doing dailies on your main, and can actually support your crafting professions. Farming your own materials does not make them free, and failing to maximize your gold per hour costs you your precious time to play.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
Make it BoA blizzard. Just do it. This Tuesday. Make it happen. <3
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]