Taming Kalimdor for Alliance players.

85 Human Paladin
Anyone know how to complete this achievement as Alliance? I can't get the horde tamers on the list to fight me. Should I try calling them a dirty name? Please help.
Edited by Belacane on 9/26/2012 10:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Since Pet battles are account bound, you might want to try rolling a horde (gross, I know). I suggest just making a DK.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Yes, it's designed for players to use characters on both sides. Almost impossible for an Alliance character to do Big City Pet Brawlin' - Horde. Trivial for a Horde character.
And, as you pointed out, totally impossible for an Alliance character to battle the Horde Tamers.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I just switched over trying to do them there and my horde already had them done, back to alliance... nothing there.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Yes, it's designed for players to use characters on both sides. Almost impossible for an Alliance character to do Big City Pet Brawlin' - Horde. Trivial for a Horde character.
And, as you pointed out, totally impossible for an Alliance character to battle the Horde Tamers.

i dont think the Big City brawlin ones are hard.......I just need SW/IF but im busy trying to tame every pet kalimdor has before i hit eastern kingdoms
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
09/26/2012 04:40 PMPosted by Belacane
I just switched over trying to do them there and my horde already had them done, back to alliance... nothing there.

SAME here. my baby hordie has it complete, so i CANT complete it, and when i go back to my ally toon, (my main), its showing those same 6 left to do.... but they WONT battle me... they will talk to me, and dont react, but other than saying hello back, they arent doing ANYTHING useful for me..... never trust horde npc's.......lol
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
and to top it off, my hunny, Vixxn, (completely different account) is having the EXACT same problems..........has anyone found a fix? NO ONE is replying in ticket help. :(
Reply Quote
having this issue too. they need to get a bugfix patch out :(. some problems need solve i want my taming eastern kingdom's achieve i done all the prerequisites with a horde and alliance character.
Edited by Gistene on 9/30/2012 12:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
never mind
Edited by Astriel on 9/30/2012 12:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I had no problems just be aware of what your doing find pets that are behind buildings and things like that.

... but that being said, Taming Kalimdor you HAVE to have a horde toon. I made a DK and it took me all of maybe three hours the longest part was the starting zone quests and thats with me goofing off. Dont do a low level toon you wont have the flight points and it will take forever.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
I had no problems just be aware of what your doing find pets that are behind buildings and things like that.

... but that being said, Taming Kalimdor you HAVE to have a horde toon. I made a DK and it took me all of maybe three hours the longest part was the starting zone quests and thats with me goofing off. Dont do a low level toon you wont have the flight points and it will take forever.

what if weve already MAXED our toons, and our DK IS ally.... this systems is hosed! I am on an RP SERVER, i play ALLIANCE for a reason. i shouldnt have to make a horde toon just to complete an acheive like this. Not to mention, it wouldnt work anyways, my level 6 horde toon that i DID have for AH pet transfers, shows it as complete, so i CANT pick up the quests anyways! And this is the same case for MANY people.... soooooooo frustrating.
Reply Quote
44 Orc Warrior
We should not need to play boths sides didn't that in swtor and I don't like it here.
Reply Quote
21 Night Elf Rogue
I already play characters on different realms on both Factions which seems to be working , so far.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
I have all the battles marked as completed but no achievement. Same with Taming Eastern Kingdoms on my horde.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
09/30/2012 04:14 PMPosted by Trifle
I already play characters on different realms on both Factions which seems to be working , so far.

did you get the acheivement Taming The Eastern Kingdoms and Taming Kalimdor....that is what is in question.

ive been playing since vanilla, and have ONE lvl 85 toon (yes ill level her eventually) and NO OTHERS.... i found what i enjoy and do it well. Everyone plays differently. I have many low level bank alts, and i do a LOT on the AH..... but when it comes to the acheivements for this Pet Battle system, it shouldnt matter WHAT someones playstyle is.

Diddnt they say over and over again that they wanted to appeal to a wider audience and make things simpler? HOW does this make things appealing for those of us who have been with them ALL ALONG.
Reply Quote
09/30/2012 05:45 PMPosted by Astriel
I have all the battles marked as completed but no achievement. Same with Taming Eastern Kingdoms on my horde.

Same.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
You have to pick up the quest as horde, and grab each quest with the same character. I used one of my twinks, and just switched to my main for the completion (I wanted her to get the goodie bags :D) It's a pain in the butt, but it worked, which was good enough for me.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Lol I got my Big City Brawler just by dying and dying and dying, like a man >(
Reply Quote
88 Troll Priest

what if weve already MAXED our toons, and our DK IS ally.... this systems is hosed! I am on an RP SERVER, i play ALLIANCE for a reason. i shouldnt have to make a horde toon just to complete an acheive like this. Not to mention, it wouldnt work anyways, my level 6 horde toon that i DID have for AH pet transfers, shows it as complete, so i CANT pick up the quests anyways! And this is the same case for MANY people.... soooooooo frustrating.

You can make the DK on a random server. It doesn't have to be your main server.

Of course, that doesn't actually help with the bugs. I'm having a slightly different issue.

I completed the Kalemdor achievement on this character, and also did the EK trainers I had access to. I got the Kalemdor acheivement, but not the EK one, which makes sense.

So, I hop onto an Alliance toon to do the lower level EK trainers. The trainer in stormwind has the starting quest for me (yay!) Strangly enough, the Outland quest is also available, despite being currently in my quest log. Huh? (I don't pick it up.)

So, I'm going through the quests to fight the trainers and decide to check my achievement progress. I'm not seeing the EK one in my incomplete list, but I am seeing the Kalimdor one as incomplete. (Looking at the tracking shows all of the objectives complete.)

Okay, I then find the EK achievement with my completed achievements, despite still needing ~3 trainers. However, all of the progress shows as complete, showing trainers complete that I most definitely have not done. I'm still able to continue the training quest chain, and so I finish it up. The trainer in Stormwind now offers both the higher level EK and Kalimdor quests (as well as the previously mentioned Outland quest) despite the fact they've been completed on this character.

Logging back onto this character and the achievement situation is reversed. Both show all objectives as complete, but only the Kalimdor is listed as complete, not the EK.

Needless to say, things are a bit wonky right now.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Same issue.

Doing the quests on my horde toon dosnt fix anything.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]