turning my xp bar back on ...

(Locked)

100 Blood Elf Mage
I turned around and realized the bar was turned off. I don't remember doing it. Seems to have happened some time during 5.01 or so, but it has been a long time since I was paying attention to anything but reputation bars.

I found /script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage(format(%d/%d",UnitXP("player"),UnitXPMax("player"))) which works just fine to tell me where I am, but I'd like to get the bar back.

Any ideas?

Or do I just have to spam /script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage(format("%d/%d",UnitXP("player"),UnitXPMax("player")))

every so often in a macro or something?

Thanks.

Last thread I could find like this was a necroed thread ...
Do you have Mists of Pandaria?

If not, you're at level cap for the expansion your account is at and XP bars get turned off by default when you're at level cap.
90 Troll Priest
I know this might be a silly question but, do you have Mists of Pandaria?
90 Night Elf Rogue
Your xp bar was turned off because you reached level 85 when that was the level cap.

If you don't have MoP, you won't be able to level beyond that point so you CAN'T turn your xp back on, it's supposed to be off.

If you do have MoP and the xp bar is still turned off, then just visit the stealthed xp-off vendor in the PvP building of Orgrimmar. Pay him 10g and your xp will be back on.
100 Worgen Mage
If you haven't upgraded to MoP yet, the bar won't show. But if you have, no idea what may cause that, but you might try visiting Slahtz in Org to turn EXP off, then back on, see if that works.
60 Troll Hunter
He does have MoP as he's fished in Pandaria. It could be an add on. Do you use any UI add ons? make sure they're all up to date. Otherwise you have a few choices if your scripts don't work. First try UI/Macro forum for advice second you can try the 3 folder salute delete your WTF Cache and Interface folders. Note this will delete all of your add ons.
100 Blood Elf Mage
09/26/2012 08:45 PMPosted by Monmonn
I know this might be a silly question but, do you have Mists of Pandaria?

Yes. Which is why I'm part way through level 85. ;)
100 Blood Elf Mage
09/26/2012 08:46 PMPosted by Drewb
If you haven't upgraded to MoP yet, the bar won't show. But if you have, no idea what may cause that, but you might try visiting Slahtz in Org to turn EXP off, then back on, see if that works.

I'll try that, thanks!

I'd like to have an idea of my progress rather than running the script.
90 Blood Elf Hunter
i changed the exp bar to wyrmrest temple and i cant bring my leveling bar back up i have MoP and i cant even gain exp please help i went to shahtz and it says im gaining exp ponts but im not any ideas please
90 Troll Priest
12/14/2012 12:53 PMPosted by Teetergurl
i changed the exp bar to wyrmrest temple and i cant bring my leveling bar back up i have MoP and i cant even gain exp please help i went to shahtz and it says im gaining exp ponts but im not any ideas please

Sounds like an addon issue. Are you using any?

Next time please make a new thread instead of bumping an older one.
80 Orc Hunter
12/14/2012 12:53 PMPosted by Teetergurl

The mobs around Wyrmrest temple are going to be grey to you. You'll get no XP for killing them.
Once you hit 80, the WotLK mobs only give 10% of the XP you would be making at 79anyway. Similarly, Once you hit 85, the Cata mobs drop down to 10% of their previous XP.

Just out of curiosity, are you by any chance confusing XP with Reputation points as the temple is a rep faction?
Edited by Nok on 12/14/2012 2:28 PM PST
100 Troll Hunter
Hey guys, I came across this thread and I saw a bunch of responses but I didn't see one other important answer so I thought I would share it =-)

The other thing to do is to check your bartender (add on) by right clicking the its icon in the top right corner of your screen. Then you will get the Bartender menu, from there click the section called "XP Bar" and under the general settings tab check off enabled. If you see that it is already enabled then locate NPC Shantz in Org (coordinates 74.2/ 44.6) and purchase the ability for a couple gold.

FYI once you have enabled the xp bar if it is not where you want it to be then left click the Icon in the top right corner and all the bars will go green on your screen, simply click the bar you want to move, then check okay when you have moved it or all of them to there disired locations.

Remember that sometimes with updates for this add on, Bartender, the settings may get refreshed or changed. And as others here have already posted if you get level capped from an earlier expansion in most cases you will need need to visit Shantz again!

I Hope this helps! "FOR THE HORDE"
90 Night Elf Rogue
No matter which person you're answering (the OP or the necroer) both questions were asked and answered MONTHS ago. Please check timestamps before posting in a thread.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]