how much gold has folks made in MoP

90 Human Death Knight
Feel free to brag about the amount of gold you made so far this expansion.
I'd like to hear about how much gold you made off these few days of the expansion so far.

I have leveled 4 transmute masters on day one, and had the cooldowns. I was able to not only profit off living steel, but the non-CD trillion as well. So far off those two transmutes I've made about 10k. Living Steel and trillium. I paid 1k for a stack of herb on the first day, give it a few more days I'll break even.

I've also stockpiled mats for MoP, with many guildbank tabs full of netherweave cloth, embersilk cloth, and hypnotic dust. I also had a small stockpile of enchanting mats for BoA's. I sell on average of two BoA/trink weapons enchants per day. On those two combined items I've net about 24k gold.

So far I've made about 34k in two days, but isn't too bad, but I heard some folks who stockpiled inks and sold glyphs did really well.

btw I started the expansion with about 300k gold, which was made during cata.
Edited by Urbersproak on 9/27/2012 1:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
i have spent very little time trying to make gold so far since i rerolled monk and am in charge of getting darkmoon decks for my guild which is coordinating people to use their scroll of wisdom CD as well as getting them the mats to do it. On top of this i have 11 of my own scribes to aid in this so ive learn a lot of the new glyphs which i am essentially uncontested on most of them and made about 15k today posting maybe 2 times while doing other things.

15k for me is nothing though, ive cleared 500k on a patch day before.
Edited by Zachknight on 9/27/2012 1:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
A bag from a rare got me (not including the 30some gold in it) around 4k -ish, on top of selling ore. I haven't been doing much AH work, though I should have given that I had a ton of cloth/ore in the first first 6 hours, that I stupidly hung on to >.>

I put me around 13-15k
Reply Quote
86 Draenei Priest
I haven't really tried, even though I promised myself this expansion I'd be more active on starting day. But I was too busy, so only played about two or three hours. Yesterday, after leveling my JC, alchemist, and scribe I made about 17k. This morning, I put a lot of auctions at the auction house, and items are already selling. I'm able to play a few hours today, so I should do well.
Edited by Holiterra on 9/27/2012 3:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm down 40K , but I did get four realm-first professions :)
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
I earned 8,000 gold since tuesday, by farming mines and herbs. Lotus were going for 1,000 gold, stacks of ghost ore were going for 250 gold, and so was the tea leaves. Everything has since begun to stabilize and is dropping quite quickly.
Reply Quote
70 Troll Rogue
I didn't have a whole lot to begin with, but i'm not counting from MoP. Being absent for about 5 months I came back a few weeks before the 5.0 patch, so I'm just counting from that point onwards.

I started with 50k, and in the process of building up a small stock of glyphs, rare items, recipe snatches via TUJ (love that thing), transmog gear, pets, trade goods, etc. i'm up to about to about 100k, essentially doubling my amount since 5.0 patch.

I don't have much time to devote to the game so I have to balance it between AH stuff, and my toons, which keeps it fun for me. As a result I don't have massive income like my gold goblin brethren, but I'm happy.

On the plus side i've barely dented my stock of above mentioned items. I did have some very lucky flips like grabbing a battered hilt for 400g and flipping it for 10k :)
Reply Quote
I have been selling ghost iron ore green tea leaves and poppies and have made about 15k in 2 days. seems like a good number to start this xpac with so I might start lvling now
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
09/27/2012 06:11 AMPosted by Dumblé
I have been selling ghost iron ore green tea leaves and poppies and have made about 15k in 2 days. seems like a good number to start this xpac with so I might start lvling now

This depends on server economy... I made 15k in an hour of mining (Ghost Iron Bars @ 40g each)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I've been selling Embersilk Bags, and they are going like hotcakes! I stockpiled a bunch of cloth and dust right before mop hit and since Tuesday I have made over 14k. That's pretty darn good for me! :)

I've also been seeling any leather stacks I get - it's selling well and there are dead animals all over the first questing areas to skin.
Reply Quote
09/27/2012 05:01 AMPosted by Lusignan
I'm down 40K , but I did get four realm-first professions :)

Grats...grumble, grumble.
Reply Quote
74 Troll Priest
I've made around 75k. Between the xmutes and selling golden lotus and other herbs, it's a gold mine.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I have made 2k on the AH and about 4K from leveling so far. I sold a necklace and ring and listed a few more that didn't sell (the level 85 blue rings I procced while leveling). I ended up using and sharing all the ore I have mined so far excluding what is sitting in my bags right now. Not sure if I am going to sell, use, share or save it yet and I still have over half a level to go. So far I have sent all my cloth to my tailor, excluding what it took to level first aid. Not sure if I am going to go ahead and level her tailoring or just sell it and worry about her tailoring when I decide to level her.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Zero- I've been paying out to level my professions with recipe cooldowns like JC and Inscription. I'm quite in the negative at the moment.

Two months from now, when everyone is raiding, I'll be making bank because I'll have the gems/enchants/whatever else they need because I took the time to learn things now.

Time is money friend. Some folks are investing their time now to make gold (gathering). I'm investing my gold in things that take time (cool downs) so that I make gold later. In the short term they'll make more than I do. In the long term, I'll make millions more than they can and I'm okay with that.
Reply Quote
About 35k profit so far and have 6 professions at 600 atm
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
About 50k, almost exclusively on bags. I haven't had much time to play yet, though, so I'm missing out on most of the gold rush. Of course, I started the expansion by blowing over 100k on a mount, so I'm not quite where I was beforehand.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I've made 130k+ gold so far from selling ore, bars, gems etc. Sold stacks of Ghost Iron Ore for 5k each during the first hour of release (after the crashing stopped). Server first grinders were desperate and paying anything.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Should also note that I stayed up for ~40 hours farming on release night. Was worth it IMO.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I've made the same on embersilk bags. I stockpiled like she did:

09/27/2012 07:47 AMPosted by Lunanox
I've been selling Embersilk Bags, and they are going like hotcakes! I stockpiled a bunch of cloth and dust right before mop hit and since Tuesday I have made over 14k. That's pretty darn good for me! :)

I could have written that myself. I made the mistake of making a monk on release and not leveling my professions /facepalm
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
I've made 1,000 gold!

Yeah, I kind of suck.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]