Fix Alterac Valley; NPCs too weak

100 Night Elf Druid
Queue times for AV are about 2 hours at the moment presumably because there are precious few people at level 90. HP values as indicated in post #2 were correct and as expected their health and damage is far too weak. Pets were able to tank Balinda and Vann with ease and players are already (4 days into the expansion!!!) able to zerg down Vanndar + 1 marshal (he has about 38 million hitpoints with a marshal up). :( :(
Edited by Bynir on 10/3/2012 11:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
By the time the next tier is released, Van will probably be able to be downed with 3 towers up.

Is this the kind of "action" the people want? Is this kind of PvP supposed to be "fun and exciting"?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I think the auras granted to the generals should just be increased to 100% more damage and health per stack. It won't fix the problems with every other NPC, but at least the generals will be harder.

Then we'd have to buff reinforcements again (or remove them and place a hard time limit - 1 1/2 hours 2 hours?) because having a game end while on the general while you're trying to defend him is BEYOND FRUSTRATING.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
I think the auras granted to the generals should just be increased to 100% more damage and health per stack. It won't fix the problems with every other NPC, but at least the generals will be harder.

Then we'd have to buff reinforcements again (or remove them and place a hard time limit - 1 1/2 hours 2 hours?) because having a game end while on the general while you're trying to defend him is BEYOND FRUSTRATING.

What if the aura went to EVERY NPC in AV? There would be spots (Alliance bridge) where things need to be changed a hair to prevent an NPC-created chokepoint.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid

What if the aura went to EVERY NPC in AV? There would be spots (Alliance bridge) where things need to be changed a hair to prevent an NPC-created chokepoint.

I think if they were to go that route they'd need to just make a flat aura in the battleground that increases NPC health and damage by x% and just increase it every patch.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
It gets worse than 'the NPCs in AV have less health than heroic 5 man dungeons'. Try 'they have less health than 3 player scenarios' :|
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Also... has anyone noticed the bosses in AV level 90 bracket have LESS health than the Isle of Conquest generals in the level 85-89 bracket? :S

Vanndar Stormpike / Drek'Thar: 28 million hitpoints (max bracket)
Captain Balinda Stonehearth / Captain Galvangar: 19 million hitpoints (max bracket)

Vanndar / Drek'Thar +1 marshal: 38 million hitpoints (max bracket)

-----

Overlord Agmar / High Commander Halford Wyrmbane: 57 million hitpoints (levelling bracket)

----

I don't get it :\
Edited by Bynir on 10/3/2012 11:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Meanwhile in Strands of the Ancients not a demo was killed..
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
10/03/2012 10:27 AMPosted by Escapedzoo
Meanwhile in Strands of the Ancients not a demo was killed..

I've not seen SotA since the introduction of the blacklist filter. What is the health like on them and how are the games?
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
Also... has anyone noticed the bosses in AV level 90 bracket have LESS health than the Isle of Conquest generals in the level 85-89 bracket? :S

Captain Balinda Stonehearth / Captain Galvangar: 19 million hitpoints (max bracket)

-----

Overlord Agmar / High Commander Halford Wyrmbane: 57 million hitpoints (levelling bracket)

----

That is ridiculous. The AV-like BG has a bigger, badder boss for 85-89 than the level 90 AV bosses.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
It scares me what he said about possibly making a new BG to be what AV was "supposed" to be. I personally love AV and want to see it fixed, not just give up on the most intriguing BG of all time.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid

-----

----

That is ridiculous. The AV-like BG has a bigger, badder boss for 85-89 than the level 90 AV bosses.

The bosses in Isle of Conquest have more base health than the generals in AV with two towers up. :\
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
10/05/2012 11:46 AMPosted by Negåtive
PvE in a PvP battleground = win

Stronger PvE mobs means more PvP happens because defending is suddenly a good idea as your boss won't die with 2 adds up.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
10/05/2012 02:35 PMPosted by Bynir
PvE in a PvP battleground = win

Stronger PvE mobs means more PvP happens because defending is suddenly a good idea as your boss won't die with 2 adds up.

Yes. Now Drek/Vann can be a fairly easy kill with 0 towers up. I'm willing to exchange that in exchange for an overall mob buff. He should not be downed with 2 towers up like at the end of Cataclysm. Certainly not with 3 towers up like in MoP.

Making it into a PvE race with the reinforcement count and nerfing has given us a BG that is horrible. It's a PvP environment with zero PvP action.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
As you did in the other post, you have 2000% support from me, to hell with reinforcements.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Thank you, Cybrok (and Whyvette)!

Looting issue in battlegrounds has been fixed. Unfortunately no changes to the looting/questing system in AV and now with reduced reinforcements reaching even seasoned units was impossible.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
its the only bg I consistently have tons of fun on, I fully support an overhaul to make it even more war-like, rather than rush past and see who can kill drek or van fastest.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
10/08/2012 12:52 PMPosted by Exxonvald
its the only bg I consistently have tons of fun on, I fully support an overhaul to make it even more war-like, rather than rush past and see who can kill drek or van fastest.

Me too, when there's actual PvP in it. :( I don't understand why we can't have a longer game and was actually saddened by the recent hotfix to see:

"Warsong Gulch: the timer for this battleground has been reduced to 20 minutes"
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Tried to get a good defense game going today with the intention of at least seeing Seasoned Units. The outcome?

"The Stormpike general is dead! The Horde wins!" with both Stonehearth and Dun Baldar South still standing. Why is general +2 even possible in the first tier??
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]