Cockroach Apocalypse

90 Human Mage
So all roaches have a level 20 spell called apocalypse that calls a meteor out of the sky and kills all active pets unless they are are cockroaches at the end of 15 turns.

I finally got a roach (nether roach) up to level 20 and tried this out.

Both my roach and the opponents pet died from the meteor.

Is this a bug, why didnt my roach survive?
Edited by Perkunas on 9/27/2012 4:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Same thing happened to me. I hope it;s a bug... I love my cockroach meteor mage T.T
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
Actually, when I finally had a fight that lasted this long it was the Computer. The Roach was already dead. The Meteor came and I was expecting a HUGE ANIME STIYLE EXPLOSION. All I got was a couple of rocks. And worse yet...

They both missed. Neither one of us died. SO Dissapointing.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Wait, apocalypse can miss? there goes my idea for a double bear hibernate stall apocalypse team
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
Seriously- it was the very first time the fight lasted that long so it was the first time for me to see it and it missed. I was like, YES! Because i thought I was going to lose the fight. But still I was like- what a lame power...

Another problem is that if you have a Cockroach at the beginning of the fight and one at the end the first cockroach calls the Apocalypse and then I killed it. That means I now have 14 turns to kill the rabbit and the last Cockroach.

The roach shows up and I'm running out of time. And for some reason this roach wastes a turn and calls for Apocalypse again. INSTEAD OF PUTTING A SECOND DEBUF SYMBOL UP IT RESET THE FIRST ONE!!!!

So again, I won, but not because of a good reason. I'm pretty sure that is wrong and they will fix it.
Edited by Elderbrand on 10/6/2012 3:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
10/06/2012 03:07 PMPosted by Morouga
Wait, apocalypse can miss?

Well bleck...
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
set aside the rediculous idea of a tiny insect calling down an enormous flaming meteor, a la sephiroth. This is very likely to be fixed, unless it isn't, in which case...damn.
Reply Quote
A rediculous idea to spell ridiculous that way
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
I red your post Lumpiah. I like spelling it that way. Maybe it's just because I'm crimson <3. Know what im sanguine?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
ri"*%%*!%%*"ulous is best.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
ridickculous, lol
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
10/06/2012 03:07 PMPosted by Morouga
Wait, apocalypse can miss? there goes my idea for a double bear hibernate stall apocalypse team

Yes.

There are also easy ways to avoid it considering you can see it coming from 15 rounds out.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
10/07/2012 01:31 AMPosted by Lena

Yes.

There are also easy ways to avoid it considering you can see it coming from 15 rounds out.

Tell me of your ways, oh wise one.

The only thing I thought of was putting out my mechanical pet so he's brought to life after the meteor death.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warrior
If it can be missed, fly or burrow should be able to avoid it like Frosty's ice bomb attack.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Death Knight
The cockroach needs to be alive at the time the spell resolves or I it will miss.

(like other delayed abilities since the change)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]