DVD/CD MoP DOES NOT NEED to be installed.

(Locked)

80 Orc Mage
Nav back to your main folder and type realmlist in the search field
12 Undead Warrior
None sadly, only the one I just made :3!
90 Goblin Mage
This should have been explained in the quick start guide. Just spent 45min trying to figure out why setup only starts launcher!!!
100 Orc Warrior
I agree it should have been explained for us less saavy tech people. So now that I did uninstall and re-install I try tol log into the game up and the launcher comes up. It goes up in increments of 0.1% and maybe get to about 3% or so but then says an error occurs and shuts down. Now what? I am stumped.
12 Troll Warrior
Yep same problem here. Had the same kinda issue reinstalling bf3. Not sure why an install disc
can't just install a game anymore. Have to have a programming degree or waste 5 hours reading multiple posts till you find that one person who knows what they are talking about.
100 Orc Warrior
So Egarbane, did you find a fix? I went into the tech support section and it stated that there are know issues right now with the launcher not moving very fast but i am not sure. If all the content was already installed if you are upo to date with 5.0.5 then why does the launcher say there is 20G to install? Iam going to let it sit for a bit. Very disappointed.
85 Human Death Knight
Whose stupid idea was it it make the game discs useless? I purposely went out and bought a hard copy to avoid ridiculous download time and now I'm stuck waiting anyway!! 12 hours of downloading and I still have 4 Gb to go. If the discs worked I'd be level 86 by now! Damn you whoever!! (shakes fist at sky)
If you don't have the game installed or are doing a fresh reinstall, you HAVE to download the entire game via the digital client download.

The game discs are useless and will not allow you to install the game offline.
80 Orc Mage
If you don't have the game installed or are doing a fresh reinstall, you HAVE to download the entire game via the digital client download.

The game discs are useless and will not allow you to install the game offline.

This is incorrect. The discs have 5.0 on them. You still need to download more after to patch to 5.0.5. Obviously you need an internet connection to install/patch because this is an online only game
Edited by Yousel on 9/25/2012 10:24 PM PDT
91 Night Elf Rogue
09/25/2012 02:04 PMPosted by Pabstbeer
So Egarbane, did you find a fix? I went into the tech support section and it stated that there are know issues right now with the launcher not moving very fast but i am not sure. If all the content was already installed if you are upo to date with 5.0.5 then why does the launcher say there is 20G to install? Iam going to let it sit for a bit. Very disappointed.

I'm with you guys - seriously annoyed with Blizzard over this. Customer service wasn't much help either. We have limited download per month and this patch is going to kill me. I have tried reinstalling the whole game but that just made it worse (instead of having to download 8GB I now need to download 16GB - talk about frustrating!) If anyone has a fix I'd love to hear it.
35 Night Elf Hunter
Not sure what the 4.5 means? I have vista with windows 6 on my dell computer. I have tried to install and doesnt seem to install, doesnt even ask for disk 2. sigh not sure what I need to do. thanks for any help. tbsw@alaskalife.net
So why did we have to frkn pay so much for a frkn cd
90 Worgen Hunter
Mar
I have wow on 2 machines, 1st I regularly play, 2nd I use for when I'm around the house for camping rares, doing errands while in long ques, etc
1st machine I simply enetered the code, 2nd I guess was only up to 5.0 at best as I do not use it that often. As it is this download is pretty huge for my connection.

Is there a way I could copy the patch information and install on laptop with out this 8 hour download?

I understand these discs were most likely burnt month(s) ago but such a huge download is disappointing.
Any information would be appreciated
80 Orc Mage
09/27/2012 11:00 AMPosted by Bladeyama
So why did we have to frkn pay so much for a frkn cd

You are paying for the CD-Key, that is it.

I have wow on 2 machines, 1st I regularly play, 2nd I use for when I'm around the house for camping rares, doing errands while in long ques, etc
1st machine I simply enetered the code, 2nd I guess was only up to 5.0 at best as I do not use it that often. As it is this download is pretty huge for my connection.

Is there a way I could copy the patch information and install on laptop with out this 8 hour download?

I understand these discs were most likely burnt month(s) ago but such a huge download is disappointing.
Any information would be appreciated

Use an external hard drive to copy your whole WoW folder onto your laptop
90 Human Warrior
I was trying to call Blizzard tech support and they couldn't take my call. but then I saw this post. so thank you.
91 Night Elf Rogue
I've finally got the game working on both of my computers. After two calls to customer support and reopening the ticket twice they eventually told me (ie: they eventually asked someone who knew the answer) that the best way to avoid a huge download was to delete the old game and reinstall BUT only using the Mists DVDs. I have done that and it worked fine. The download was only about 1.5 GB.

From there I just copied files from one computer to another.

This should work for anyone else who is having download issues and wants to use the discs. I guesses they're not glorified frisbees after all.
90 Orc Warrior
I entered the key on battle net and still cant play MoP, still show me in Catalysm. There is new quest for Pet trainer but the cinematic for Gorrash doesn't work. The log on screen says 5.0.5, is there a waiting period till it switched to MoP.
Edited by Errtu on 10/1/2012 6:28 PM PDT
100 Troll Hunter
i added my key and says that it was successful but I dont have a launcher. it says updates and doesnt switch to show my launcher. what do i do?
90 Worgen Hunter
ok ive got one for ya ,old computer drive was wiped clean with fresh xp service pack 3 install.
No world of warcraft files on it at all put in dvd of MoP and it loaded the installer then started downloading from internet NOT the disk
ok so i had totally removed wow ( got a new pc) got the MoP cols ed went to install it and wow told me i neeeded the net to install it so i connected tot he net went to battle net and entered my key and tried to install again from disc launcher came up said install and gave it a directory to go to and hellow it starts downloading off the net and not installing from disc then crashes. so i make sure theres no hard drive errors defragged made sure all drivers are up to date and all windows 7 updates are uptodate turned the security off and removed what was installed and re booted and tried to install it again no joy no wow paid money for a coolectors ed that the only thing i can use is the books and mouse pad and sound track and behind the scenes dvd just a tad peeved
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]