Of the Cloth: A Gear Guide [PvE, 5.4]

90 Human Priest
nice post elethia /clap,,
<<<<best transmog ever<<<
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Wow seriously what a great guide. I like playing my shammy, but have always wanted to priest heal. I appreciate you taking time to put this guide together.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Hello fellow priests. I've just finished leveling this priest to heal on an alt raid team. Right out of the gates the team shows a lot of promise, so I was considering spending some gold on improving this toon since a lot rides on me as a healer. I was just wondering if relic of chiji is worth the gold it costs(about 12k on my server) or if its just a low grade trinket that's gonna be replaced relatively quickly.

Thank you
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
For trinkets, check out the non-MTT values here: http://lifeingroup5.com/?p=3422

If you need more mp5, go with more mp5. Imo, Relic of Chi'ji is great for the starting Priest. I've personally never seen the Spirit trinket from Will :P
Reply Quote
87 Pandaren Priest
Just about to start leveling my priesty from 85 to 90, so this should come in very useful. Appreciate the hard work.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
I have been a healing priest since the sixties and I am finding it odd at the lack of items with spirit on them while leveling. Has anyone else found this? Should I not worry about it too much since I am leveling? Just curious, thanks.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
Don't worry about it while leveling, Zehnn. :) You'll find there are plenty of Spirit pieces in Pandaria.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Can anyone offer the conversion rate of spirit to mp5? trying to decide between a piece with spirit gain or a trinket with much more mp5
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
Can anyone offer the conversion rate of spirit to mp5? trying to decide between a piece with spirit gain or a trinket with much more mp5

Each point of Spirit is worth 1.1287 MP5.

You can also test this simply in game:

- Scroll over the Spirit line on your character sheet.

- Divide the MP5 number that appears in the tooltip by the amount of Spirit you have.

- You should get 1.1287.

For example:

My Spirit is 10,906 unbuffed. That Spirit increases my OOC mana regen by 12,310.

12310/10906 = 1.1287

---

For reference, the calculation for in-combat regen is:

Combat Regen = Total Mana *0.02 +(1.1287*SPI*Meditation%)
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
of the cloth, a nerd guide.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
What about trinkets?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
I see trinkets in this guide. Is there one in particular you want to know more about?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
I find it annoying that too many pieces of PvP gear don't have Spirit in them, such as the leggings (though I can reforge them), the helm (which cannot be reforged, but mandates what sort of jewel I put in them), and what's most perplexing to me is the Primary. There are two choices of primary, a dagger and a mace, but they are identical, and neither has Spirit, which makes me wonder if this was a mistake. Why have two items of the exact same stats usable by the same classes?

I could go with a two hander, but I find that the Spirit is better with the off-hand and the lousy spellblade I'm using now.

Does anyone have any recommendations?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Err, this post is regarding PvE gear. Perhaps it would be better to post your questions in the Disc PvP Guide sticky?
Edited by Ashleycakez on 5/13/2013 3:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Err, this post is regarding PvE gear. Perhaps it would be better to post your questions in the Disc PvP Guide sticky?

As I already explained, the only PvP one hander (two, actually, but both with the exact same stats) has no Spirit. Since I don't want to equip a one-hander with no Spirit, I'm looking for a good PvE piece that has Spirit.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
I believe I recommended a very easy to obtain ilvl 450 mace in a previous thread you created: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8769367204#5
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
I believe I recommended a very easy to obtain ilvl 450 mace in a previous thread you created: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8769367204#5

Yes, I remember that post, but unfortunately, it must be broken because there is no quest to be had in that scenario.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
I explained that you pick it up at the Temple in Kun-Lai, not inside the scenario.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
I explained that you pick it up at the Temple in Kun-Lai, not inside the scenario.

I'm standing at the NPC right now at the Temple, and he is not offering it. I submitted a bug report.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Do you have Pandaria flying? Have you done the quest chain to open up Vale? I think I had the same problem with my Paladin alt but I can't remember which of those (or if both) allowed me to pick up that quest.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]