"You have too many pets"

100 Troll Druid
I am unable to learn the crab pet when you learn the pet battle ability AND I cannot learn the CE edition pet since I'm getting a "you have too many pets and cannot learn any more." error when I try. My pet log currently shows 1424 (I tried deleting 2 of the 4832493242 albino snakes that I seem to have acquired... do they give birth?! >.< )

I have TONS of multiples of pets... before this pet journal went live, I had around 190ish unique vanity pets across my accounts, how the heck can I learn more if I have "too many pets"?

Will the multiples be consolidated at any point?

If this is a duplicate thread, apologies but I did look on several pages. (You have too many threads! :P )
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
You can have up to 3 of a single pet. You can cage your extras to sell them, or just release them from your pet journal. The maximum number of pets you can have is 500.

The reason you have multiples for Pet Battles.

Once you cage or release your extra pets, you can learn more pets.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
Good lord, I have to release close to 1k pets? This is so dumb... >.<
Reply Quote
91 Blood Elf Hunter
You do not need to "release" them. You can cage them and sell them on the AH, trade them to friends/alternate Battle.net accounts, etc.

(I assume you haven't managed to acquire that many pets through capturing, though...pets captured in battle are not currently cageable).
Edited by Aieny on 9/25/2012 9:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
Blizzard did this, so people who have paid/aquired pets, especialy rare ones, on multiple characters.. didnt loose the fact that they did.. that they then could sell the duplicates.

Unforatunately, for some.. it can cause this.
Reply Quote
92 Draenei Paladin
A few points of advice for culling battle pets:

-If you select a pet, mouseover its icon and see "This pet is not tradeable", then Release them until you have 3, minimum. I don't see myself needing 3 Creepy Crates so I Released all but two.

-If it doesn't say that it isn't tradeable, choose "Put In Cage" and try your luck in Trade or the AH. Maybe ask some friends via RealID if they need a pet?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Explain (256 characters max)