Pandaren Horde vs. Alliance Acceptance

80 Human Rogue
Do you have to make the Alliance that pathetic? And the Horde more epic? Let me describe the issue.

When the pandas join the Alliance, Varian wants you to test your abilities, and all you have to do is punch him in the face which makes him drop to the floor. While for the Horde, Garrosh makes you fight three giant monsters to the death. Very fair, isn't it?
Reply Quote
Community Manager
So, you think Garrosh's varying disdain for other races and his unreasonable expectations for you to prove yourself is a good thing? Interesting discussion.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Varian learns, Garrosh sees his iron fist of doom approach to life as a good thing.

If being told die for me in a worthy fashion is fun to you, please consider this: you're still expected to die for Garrosh's glory. The only question Garrosh seems to have for you is when and how.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warrior
i thought the alliance one one better, it made them seem like they cared for each other, whereas the horde one felt like that if you didn't stand up to the test, you would be thrown away
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Also Gorrosh is a monster. he will be put down! I see it we got the better end. our king can tell in a single punch how well one will do.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Uh-huh.

Now if we reversed the situation, what are the odds that the Alliance would be saying "Well, Blizz OBVIOUSLY favors Horde, because they get the honor of their faction leader deigning to introduce the humble newbie into the fold personally, whereas OUR leader is just a monster and sends us into a pit to die!"
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Rogue
09/26/2012 08:57 AMPosted by Nethaera
So, you think Garrosh's varying disdain for other races and his unreasonable expectations for you to prove yourself is a good thing? Interesting discussion.

Thank you.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
Honestly I still wonder why Panda's just tell both sides to stuff it.

neither faction intro really makes you say "Wow glad I joined up with these guys." In fact both make you feel you made the wrong choice and should just go back to your turtle
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
09/26/2012 08:59 AMPosted by Tigersgirl
Also Gorrosh is a monster. he will be put down! I see it we got the better end. our king can tell in a single punch how well one will do.

Now its clear why alliance is weak, if beating a weak king is used to test ones valor in battle.
Reply Quote
80 Human Rogue
Varian learns, Garrosh sees his iron fist of doom approach to life as a good thing.

If being told die for me in a worthy fashion is fun to you, please consider this: you're still expected to die for Garrosh's glory. The only question Garrosh seems to have for you is when and how.

Doesn't matter that is not even worthy of a test. Throwing a punch MADE the king drop to the floor. Is Alliance really that weak?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

Doesn't matter that is not even worthy of a test. Throwing a punch MADE the king drop to the floor. Is Alliance really that weak?

Because showing compassion and common sense is a sign of weakness.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue

No. The fact that you seem to equate learning and realizing one has to adapt to the changing situation of life as weakness means you're not helping in life, or unlife in your case. If there's a chance that you can find inner peace, then so be it; if not, Garrosh will not miss you when you are gone. That is my point.

Basically:

One blow, one learns wisdom, or expresses it swiftly.

One death, one life/unlife without finding out life has more to it than war.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock

For god's sake have fun with it and don't think of it too hard. I was laughing like crazy at that scene, it was great. And Varian isn't weak. If you think he's weak then go fight him alone on a horde, you won't even put a dent on him.
Reply Quote
51 Pandaren Hunter
09/26/2012 08:59 AMPosted by Tigersgirl
our king can tell in a single punch how well one will do.

more than that, he can tell my potential from my turtles bite
Reply Quote
09/26/2012 08:57 AMPosted by Nethaera

still this doesn't address the implication that Varian is a sissy who can get beat up by a level 10 novice.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

For god's sake have fun with it and don't think of it too hard. I was laughing like crazy at that scene, it was great. And Varian isn't weak. If you think he's weak then go fight him alone on a horde, you won't even put a dent on him.

We are talking here about the guy who one shotted Onyxia. With a sword.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight

I'm not sure what happened on your end, but King Varian Wyrnn dodge a volley of blows, dozens of "Dodge" sprang forth from the screen as he stood there and mocked you with laughter for a good minute. He let his guard down, for a moment, and you strike one blow and caught him off-balance and he's grinning. It's the "I'm impressed you landed a blow on me, you are worthy." He's showing off his strength as a gladiatorial powerhouse, and he didn't expect you to get past his hardened defences. Sorry you feel so little of your king.
Reply Quote
10 Tauren Warrior
09/26/2012 09:14 AMPosted by Kaeldanon
Because showing compassion and common sense is a sign of weakness.

Being floored by a punch you knew was coming is showing compassion and common sense?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]