Any ideas on good starter Battle Pet trio?

(Locked)

Was hoping to find some good ideas on a solid trio to start with. I have all but the first collectors edition pets and most of the orphan week pets, plus all the ones they sell on BattleNet.

At the moment, I have Frosty from Lich King CE, the Fetish Shaman and Legs, all at about level 7ish.

I notice the winter reindeer has heals, so I was wondering if I need a kind of mini group of tank, heals and dps.

I have no problem experimenting on my own but they take so long to level up, would like to get a good start. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
100 Night Elf Druid
I read in a strat guide that the best combo is a humanoid, a critter, and a flyer i think it was because of how their relative strenghts against each type (flyers are strong against critters, etc).

I think it was in the prima guide, but I am not at home.

And of course, it's always situational depending on what you are fighting.
09/26/2012 10:14 AMPosted by Linias
I think it was in the prima guide, but I am not at home.

There is a Prima guide? I'd sure like to find something like that. I am an old man and never did the whole Pokemon thing, so this is all new to me.
83 Undead Warrior
Three chipmunks, preferably named Alvin, Simon, and Theodore
09/26/2012 10:24 AMPosted by Boneyisland

Ha...I like that :)
87 Dwarf Shaman
Preferably 3 pets of different classification with attacks that cover a variety of weaknesses.
09/26/2012 10:24 AMPosted by Boneyisland

Most effective if you're character's name is Dave.
90 Night Elf Warrior
I'd highly recommend nabbing a squirrel as a started pet. They have a very nice ability that hits 3 times and places a DoT on any enemy pet that is currently in the fight. It persists on any others that the other player swap out as well.
90 Human Priest
The clockwork gnome from archaeology works pretty well too.
90 Night Elf Druid
I didn't choose my first pet. I'm not sure what criteria it used, but I had my Tranquil Mechanical Yeti in my first slot so I just went with it. He's worked out pretty well so far. Lots of health and decent damage.
09/26/2012 10:45 AMPosted by Rhysata
I'd highly recommend nabbing a squirrel as a started pet. They have a very nice ability that hits 3 times and places a DoT on any enemy pet that is currently in the fight. It persists on any others that the other player swap out as well.

That sounds pretty cool.

I trapped a Redridge Rat (uncommon) last night that had an ability called Stampede where a bunch of rats whack the other pet as they run by, trouble is it lasts for 3 turns and the rat was dead after 3 turns and you can't swap him out.
Community Manager
We've just opened up a Pet Battles forum here- http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/7388394/

We felt it might be nice to have a go to spot for everyone to discuss their teams, tips, and tricks. Feel free to head over there for all of your Pet Battle Discussions and enjoy!
90 Night Elf Rogue
Neth, just so you and the other CM's know, there's no option for the Pet Battles section off of the mouse-over drop down list when cursoring over the Forums word on any given forum page.

I've been keeping an eye on this; I do see the one on the main Forums page.
85 Undead Warrior
I myself am thinking of going with a Blizzcon themed one. Just need to open the third slot for Murkablo.
100 Dwarf Mage
Neth, just so you and the other CM's know, there's no option for the Pet Battles section off of the mouse-over drop down list when cursoring over the Forums word on any given forum page.

I'm seeing the option now. Probably a stealth fix.
Community Manager

It probably just took a little bit to show. :) Thanks for the heads-up though!
We've just opened up a Pet Battles forum here- http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/7388394/We felt it might be nice to have a go to spot for everyone to discuss their teams, tips, and tricks. Feel free to head over there for all of your Pet Battle Discussions and enjoy!

Thanks Neth, all I had seen previously was the "Beta" version for pet battle, appreciate it, reposted there.
90 Night Elf Rogue

It probably just took a little bit to show. :) Thanks for the heads-up though!

I've been checking for the intervening time between your post and my reply here; I don't see it yet. Thanks for the thanks, and you're welcome, Neth ^_^
09/26/2012 11:01 AMPosted by Anshahak
I myself am thinking of going with a Blizzcon themed one. Just need to open the third slot for Murkablo.

That's a pretty cool idea, wonder if it's viable. I have all but the first Blizzcon pets, plus the Diablo and StarCraft ones as well.
Edited by Congo on 9/26/2012 11:18 AM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]