Very aggravating...

Demo locks and hunter pets pulling aggro off me.

I ask demo locks to take the wings off...I get a "!@#$ and go"

I ask hunters to turn growl off...I get a "L2Aggro"

I honestly don't think it's a problem with me pumping out enough aggro. I think it's that Blizzard went overboard with how much aggro growl generates...and they need to figure out what they want to do with Demo Locks. I can't keep aggro off them, it's ridiculous.

I know what you're saying...let the lock die. or let the pet die.

Problem is....they don't(at least the locks) the pets will unless there's an incredibly good healer in the group.

It's just aggravating. I'm sure many of you have run into this already.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warrior
From my understanding, pets have a functional taunt. Meaning it isn't generating aggro, rather temporarily wiping the threat table of everything but the pet itself.

As frustrating as it is, bad players are bad. If they don't make a change after pointing it out, kick them, leave, or go out of your way and carry them with clever taunting. This has been a downside of the dungeon finder since its inception.

If a lock is using DA, immediately kick if possible, if not possible consult the healer on letting them die.

Oh and also, lock pets have Threatening Presence, or something similar. It is a default autocast spell that increases the pets threat generation to tank levels.
Edited by Lightmane on 9/26/2012 11:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
I have this same problem, and I'm usually told to "GET AGGRO SCRUB".

And recently, I've been told it's not possible to turn off pet taunts anymore.

Not sure if that's the truth, but it seems that pets die a lot. And quickly.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I can't speak for Warlock pets, but Growl for hunter pets is still an ability that the hunter can disable. The Growl ability isn't put on the pet bar by default anymore, so that's probably confusing a lot of hunters.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
09/26/2012 12:12 PMPosted by Halfsmoke
Growl ability isn't put on the pet bar by default anymore

I wonder if blizz is run by comedians.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I had a hunter in a Mop dungeon that refused to MD. I don't need it persay it wasn't the issue. But I noticed that he never did it. As in he sure aint helping matters. Ya tend to notice when the huntard nukes 1/2 a second after you pull and you see " changed target". When I asked him he said ( capital letters) " NO!"
Then I get a " Learn to threat"
I'm thinking buddy....you're an idiot. First off, it's a tool in your repertoire. To not use it for me equates to you don't know your class. Second we're all in this as a group to help each other. WTH is with these social degenerates?
Oh, and don't bother chatting let alone complaining about baddies. You 'll get told to shut up, or possibly even vote kicked.
Edited by Gervasio on 9/27/2012 12:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Not to mention MD lets you as a hunter dps IMMEDIATELY. Split second after tank pulls, you can forget about getting agro. It literally translates to a dps increase.
Any Hunter worth his salt has MD keybound, ready to go, even macro'd. It should be like Breathing air. Routine. You don't use it cuz the tank " needs" it. You do it just cuz.

And lets put it this way: When mobs appear /teleport in waves, and you MD like a pro without a second thought people notice. They think this hunter knows his !@#$.
Don't do it, and you're a typical brain dead huntard that needs to learn his class.

On the flip side of the MD coin, I had one moron MD pull FOR me in a MoP dungeon. As in before I pulled, he MD'd and pew pew'd. I stood there and let the agro disipate, and let the group handle it. Then told him not to do that again. What does he do next pull? MD's and pew pew's. He calls me bad and how I can't hold threat. I say " are you blind? I'm not getting agro, because I'm not tanking! I choose to stand there and watch, and you insult my TPS?? Put the pipe down"
Hunters for me are down to 50/50 chance it seems weather they're retarded or decent.

And it's ALWAYS a Huntard that nukes, with out MDing than insults my threat. You can't bash a tank on holding threat.... THAT HE DIDN'T HAVE IN THE FIRST PLACE.
Here's a freekin concept. Wait 1 second and let the tank establish agro, then nuke.
woo woo woo one second? Learn to play badtank.

Who's worse the tank that wasn't even in position yet, let alone hitting things yet, or the dps that doesn't know his class, ignores game mechanics, and can't wait 1 second?
That's a tough one.
On an AOE pull If I'm not charging in, and then Tclapping, I'm Heroic Leaping in, then Tclapping. Followed by a swift Shock Wave. You give me ONE second and trust me, things are gonna go peachy kean.

The general populace of LFD is half retarded.
Edited by Gervasio on 9/27/2012 12:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
pretty much what sparkle says...

But yeah anytime I get a hunter I know is pet will get aggro eventually... until my friend who is a resto shaman let's the pet die so I can continue tanking.

If the hunter complains just tell him that I'm not responsible turn taunt off or lose your pet and precious time to revive your pet since I'm not waiting... pulling to the other pack
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
09/26/2012 11:57 AMPosted by Tabernacle
And recently, I've been told it's not possible to turn off pet taunts anymore.

You can still turn off Hunter pet taunts - not sure about Warlock minions.

I honestly don't think it's a problem with me pumping out enough aggro. I think it's that Blizzard went overboard with how much aggro growl generates...and they need to figure out what they want to do with Demo Locks.

Exactly. Doesn't help that your pet's taunt should be disabled in a group setting, and if you're a 'Lock, you shouldn't be using DA (it's actually a DPS loss) in a group setting.

Just protect the healer, kick or leave group, or kite mobs to the pet/'Lock and have them burn the mobs down.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I always see a hunters pet as one less thing attacking me...
Reply Quote
89 Worgen Warrior
I have a hunter and I believe that it might be a bug with the class like it was in previous expansion. They may need to put the growl on the pet bars and turn it off from there. If growl isn't on the bars then it will reset and turn growl on again. I have notice the hunter/warlocks pets pulling aggro off me a lot in the last two days. Hopefully it gets better.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
let them die and think nothing of it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I don't get these posts! Complaints about Hunters and Locks pulling aggro. I mean I don't get the Hunters and Locks that let that !@#$ happen. I have never (and will never) pull aggro of a Tank. They should wake up and smell the coming death for "pulling" sh!t like that.

What the hell is the point of me following a Tank if I try to do the job for him. You Tank are my friend, happy Tank = Good run.

My 2 cents.
Edited by Tinyt on 9/27/2012 7:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]