A Moment of Zen

90 Draenei Monk
It is said: Those who know do not say; those who say do not know.

But to speak first may create many opportunities to listen. To acknowledge ignorance is the first step on the path to wisdom.
Reply Quote
99 Pandaren Rogue
I approve of this moment of Zen.
Reply Quote
94 Human Death Knight
"The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn." - Thrall

You know, he might be green jesus now, but thrall is a really wise guy.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
It is said: Those who know do not say; those who say do not know.

But to speak first may create many opportunities to listen. To acknowledge ignorance is the first step on the path to wisdom.

Those who know understand that, regarding matters of the truest importance, words are woefully inadequate.

Of course, truest importance varies from person to person. In that sense, then, all beings are wise, each one possessing a sliver or two of profound knowledge, and each one unable to share this tiny, precious sliver in any conventional sense. However, all that is and is not influences all that is and is not; this then means that all of wisdom is in all things. As we are inseparable from the multiverse in which we reside, and as wisdom is a construct of the human mind, it stands to reason that the multiverse or that existence is the summation or entirety of wisdom.

That which is capable of comprehending the infinite complexity of all things, some things, and nothing, all simultaneously, may perhaps consider its wisdom as complete. The human mind is naturally subjective, and cannot perceive or fathom the world in an objective sense; this feat is therefore out of the collective reach of humanity.

Methinks then that happiness resides in satisfaction in the sliver of wisdom the self possesses, and, simultaneously, the eager wish to learn and teach, such that, in time, humanity may understand and advance enough to share more of these slivers, as known each by one, incommunicable and therefore hidden from all others (and though it may be impossible to communicate as of now, perhaps with time that shall change, provided it is worked towards).

The title made me respond. So mleh.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]