House Winterborn

40 Night Elf Hunter
I logged in this morning to find my guild, House Winterborn, gone. I was guildless. And then I logged in here and found that Lilly is tagged as belonging to a different guild entirely.

So near as I can figure, someone changed House Winterborn to this new guild and kicked a bunch of people out.

I don't recognize a single name in the new guild, and no one was online I could ask. I won't be online again until tonight and I'm really pretty angry and upset right now, and would like to find out if anyone here knows what happened.

This is so not okay. Maybe the work I put into HW didn't seem like much to someone else, but it was to me. I really, really freakin' hope this is some hacking incident or something, or that the guild bosses have a plan for those of us who don't fit this new guild, because if someone in the guild did this on purpose and just hung a bunch of us out to dry, I would really like to have a conversation with them.

This is the second time on Emerald Dream that I've come online to discover myself unexpectedly guildless, but the other time it happened, it was an error and was fixed ASAP and the guild leaders have gone above and beyond to apologize for something that wasn't even their fault.

Augh, yes, I'm really angry right now, so I'mma shut up and hope someone can explain to me what's going on.

Thanks in advance.

ETA: Not angry anymore, but still really disappointed and not a bit sure what to do with this character now.
Edited by Lillylu on 9/27/2012 3:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
Sounds to me the guild was sold, and the buyer renamed the guild and kicked everyone. And the forum tag hasn't changed yet.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
09/27/2012 05:53 AMPosted by Lillylu
I'm really pretty angry and upset right now

:::cough:::/murmur:::just-a-game:::/murmur:::cough:::
Reply Quote
40 Night Elf Hunter
That's discouraging, if so. :( If my guild is sold, shouldn't I at least get a tiny cut?

(Kidding, obvs.)

I mean, I guess I should be happy for folks in the new guild, they have a shiny new level 25 guild, and it's not their fault, after all. But I'm so disappointed.
Reply Quote
40 Night Elf Hunter

Yep, just a game. A game I invest time and effort in, and a guild I invested time and effort in, and talked up to others, and convinced my sister to join, and worked to make a success. It's not like it's going to keep me up at night, but I think I have a right -- and a reason -- to be angry.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
09/27/2012 09:13 AMPosted by Lillylu

Yep, just a game. A game I invest time and effort in, and a guild I invested time and effort in, and talked up to others, and convinced my sister to join, and worked to make a success. It's not like it's going to keep me up at night, but I think I have a right -- and a reason -- to be angry.

Annoyed, sure, angry? No.

No, game issues are annoyances...like "oh bother, I just got ganked, well, turn and turn about!" or "Bugger it all, my guild just disappeared into the ether!"

Life issues, like watching my civil liberties being flushed down the toilet despite me saying, "Ah, hey, wait, I was still using that...oh boy!" yeah, that's something to angry about.
Reply Quote
40 Night Elf Hunter
Life issues, like watching my civil liberties being flushed down the toilet despite me saying, "Ah, hey, wait, I was still using that...oh boy!" yeah, that's something to angry about.

Maybe we just have different definitions of "angry". 'Cause believe me, I'm way, way angrier about stuff like that than about a guild going belly up. But surely I'm allowed to be angry about both? It isn't a zero sum game; I have room in my heart for rage about many things. ;)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter

You sir speak smart words...how do you play an orc?

And On topic: This is sad to hear, Didn't know the guild well but them and the Sisterhood had a few enjoyable small skirmishes in the past that were always fun and pretty even in numbers which is always nice to find.
Edited by Emzela on 9/27/2012 10:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
It isn't a zero sum game; I have room in my heart for rage about many things. ;)

Right, fair enough.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
/hugs Lillylu

It's quite a shame that the guild fell apart. :( House Winterfelle was a great group of friends.

I remember saying "LF RP guild" in trade and was gifted with WF, this was my first Rp server, character, and guild ever. Winterfelle will always have a place in my heart. *sniffle* Darn allergies... :*>
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
To all the former members of House Winterborn, fellow friends, and allies:

I should have done this long ago and I feel obligated after reading what I have read to explain. I am not one to take part or look much into the forums, but I was told of this thread and I feel I owe an explanation to the former house members and friends.

Before the summer of 2012, the House was doing well and growing strong. We were active in the role-playing community; we were building our reputation in world pvp, in a fun, drama-free, VERY pro rp environment. We have marched to Undercity in a very rp/wpvp manner. We had lots of fun with our many skirmishes with the Horde (for which I have always been grateful. The Horde rp/wpvp guilds that challenged us helped promote our rp/wpvp with your fast responses to our war efforts in the north leading to a very realistic scenario to help grow in our role-playing and character development).

Real life happened. I went on a business trip roughly around early June and arriving to Europe my gamer laptop broke. I had no means to connect. I tried my best overseas to stay in touch and work with my officer core via e-mail. Arriving (September) I found that many left and moved on. I was left with 10%-15% of what the house had before I left. Many joined the other rp guilds; some even went off to start their own guilds. (It is a game in the end and I really do wish them all the best of luck and do hope there new guilds prosper) Even so, I spoke to the last of my officer core to see what we were to do. A few weeks from arriving from Europe a close relative of mine, very close, passed away. I felt burnt out and needed a break, finding myself with no laptop to properly play, a broken house, and a loss in my family. Speaking to the last few of my officers, we decided to move on. I have tried my best to reach out to as many as possible, but I was very overwhelmed with real life issues and needed a break from WoW and managed the situation in informing everyone poorly and fast.

The guild was NEVER sold.
I made a personal arrangement with my cousin (first cousin) for him to lead a new guild, a project of sorts he had in mind. With the agreement that it would never be sold and that if his project (I believe a social lvl’ing guild) did not work out, it would return to my hands.

The Winterborn project was more than just a guild. It was a dream of mine. My years playing wow (mid BC) and my fascination as a musician and writer of medieval, renaissance, and high fantasy, has inspired me to create a sort of house and project within WoW lore. In RL I am a historian and professional musician of Euro/Atlantic music traditions. The Winterborn project was to be a community project for those who shared the love and lore of Alterac. “House Winterborn” was to be another guild to add to the roleplaying community and the vast diversity of role-play we have in Emerald Dream. This was never a “me” thing, but a goal to add another role-playing guild to the server in a very friendly open environment.

I have decided around late November to join the Emerald Dream community again. I never meant to hurt, insult, and offend anyone. If you care to reach out to me, I am active playing once more, lvl’ing my toon.

Lord Galrik Winterborn
Reply Quote
40 Night Elf Hunter
Thanks very much for the explanation, Galrik. I'm very sorry for your loss, and the difficult year you've had, and I appreciate your taking the time to reply here. I finally went ahead and brought Lilly into Devilclaw Outlaws, but I wish you all the best and look forward to seeing you in the game. All best - and here's hoping 2013 is better for all of us than 2012 has been. :)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
Yes, seems I came into House Winterborn just as it seemed to vanish with MoP coming out. I've since transferred off after finding myself guildless, but may just transfer back to see what you have in store again this time, Galrik! :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]