House Winterborn

40 Night Elf Hunter
I logged in this morning to find my guild, House Winterborn, gone. I was guildless. And then I logged in here and found that Lilly is tagged as belonging to a different guild entirely.

So near as I can figure, someone changed House Winterborn to this new guild and kicked a bunch of people out.

I don't recognize a single name in the new guild, and no one was online I could ask. I won't be online again until tonight and I'm really pretty angry and upset right now, and would like to find out if anyone here knows what happened.

This is so not okay. Maybe the work I put into HW didn't seem like much to someone else, but it was to me. I really, really freakin' hope this is some hacking incident or something, or that the guild bosses have a plan for those of us who don't fit this new guild, because if someone in the guild did this on purpose and just hung a bunch of us out to dry, I would really like to have a conversation with them.

This is the second time on Emerald Dream that I've come online to discover myself unexpectedly guildless, but the other time it happened, it was an error and was fixed ASAP and the guild leaders have gone above and beyond to apologize for something that wasn't even their fault.

Augh, yes, I'm really angry right now, so I'mma shut up and hope someone can explain to me what's going on.

Thanks in advance.

ETA: Not angry anymore, but still really disappointed and not a bit sure what to do with this character now.
Edited by Lillylu on 9/27/2012 3:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Rogue
Sounds to me the guild was sold, and the buyer renamed the guild and kicked everyone. And the forum tag hasn't changed yet.
Reply Quote
09/27/2012 05:53 AMPosted by Lillylu
I'm really pretty angry and upset right now

:::cough:::/murmur:::just-a-game:::/murmur:::cough:::
Reply Quote
40 Night Elf Hunter
That's discouraging, if so. :( If my guild is sold, shouldn't I at least get a tiny cut?

(Kidding, obvs.)

I mean, I guess I should be happy for folks in the new guild, they have a shiny new level 25 guild, and it's not their fault, after all. But I'm so disappointed.
Reply Quote
40 Night Elf Hunter

Yep, just a game. A game I invest time and effort in, and a guild I invested time and effort in, and talked up to others, and convinced my sister to join, and worked to make a success. It's not like it's going to keep me up at night, but I think I have a right -- and a reason -- to be angry.
Reply Quote
09/27/2012 09:13 AMPosted by Lillylu

Yep, just a game. A game I invest time and effort in, and a guild I invested time and effort in, and talked up to others, and convinced my sister to join, and worked to make a success. It's not like it's going to keep me up at night, but I think I have a right -- and a reason -- to be angry.

Annoyed, sure, angry? No.

No, game issues are annoyances...like "oh bother, I just got ganked, well, turn and turn about!" or "Bugger it all, my guild just disappeared into the ether!"

Life issues, like watching my civil liberties being flushed down the toilet despite me saying, "Ah, hey, wait, I was still using that...oh boy!" yeah, that's something to angry about.
Reply Quote
40 Night Elf Hunter
Life issues, like watching my civil liberties being flushed down the toilet despite me saying, "Ah, hey, wait, I was still using that...oh boy!" yeah, that's something to angry about.

Maybe we just have different definitions of "angry". 'Cause believe me, I'm way, way angrier about stuff like that than about a guild going belly up. But surely I'm allowed to be angry about both? It isn't a zero sum game; I have room in my heart for rage about many things. ;)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter

You sir speak smart words...how do you play an orc?

And On topic: This is sad to hear, Didn't know the guild well but them and the Sisterhood had a few enjoyable small skirmishes in the past that were always fun and pretty even in numbers which is always nice to find.
Edited by Emzela on 9/27/2012 10:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
It isn't a zero sum game; I have room in my heart for rage about many things. ;)

Right, fair enough.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
/hugs Lillylu

It's quite a shame that the guild fell apart. :( House Winterfelle was a great group of friends.

I remember saying "LF RP guild" in trade and was gifted with WF, this was my first Rp server, character, and guild ever. Winterfelle will always have a place in my heart. *sniffle* Darn allergies... :*>
Reply Quote
91 Human Paladin
Edited by Galrik on 9/18/2014 3:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
40 Night Elf Hunter
Thanks very much for the explanation, Galrik. I'm very sorry for your loss, and the difficult year you've had, and I appreciate your taking the time to reply here. I finally went ahead and brought Lilly into Devilclaw Outlaws, but I wish you all the best and look forward to seeing you in the game. All best - and here's hoping 2013 is better for all of us than 2012 has been. :)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
Yes, seems I came into House Winterborn just as it seemed to vanish with MoP coming out. I've since transferred off after finding myself guildless, but may just transfer back to see what you have in store again this time, Galrik! :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]