95 Gold Battle Pet Training LEVEL 5

29 Pandaren Priest
I can understand the requires Lvl 5 thing no problem, so does fishing.

It's just no one has 95-gold at level 5 it''s impossinble unless you have mega toons to give you the money.

If you are a new player you can't do this at all!! Completly unfair! My 30+ Toons don't even have 95-gold all together! It's rediculous!

I have never complained in the forums before ever, but this is showing sad favortism to people with a lot of high level toons that can afford to give their toons the 95 gold.

How is a new player ever suppossed to come up with that kind of gold?

Come one Blizzard! No other training costs that much initially!

The price is way too high! I am sorry I ran around buying cute little pets now, and there are so many more that i can't buy without the training!

This isn't fair to your new Players Blizz, I have an idea roll up a toon and see how long it takes you to earn 95 gold without getting money from anyone or any other toon! You'll see that this price is rediculous!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
1) The training is account wide. You buy it on one toon, and all your toons get it. I'm not sure if it's 1 server, or truely account wide though.

2) If you are a brand new player, you should think about playing through the game, instead of jumping right into the mini games.

3) It is insanely easy to get gold now a days. When I made a worgen at the start of Cata on a separate server with no aid from anyone, I had well over 500g by the time I was level 20.
Reply Quote
62 Pandaren Monk
The idea from what I've read about the pets was that it's supposed to be something you don't do immediately on your first play-through. That is why it's 95-100 gold. I can't remember for sure where I read it but I'm positive it was a blue post or dev-related. Probably a preview article.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
09/27/2012 06:37 PMPosted by Mozzerella
1) The training is account wide. You buy it on one toon, and all your toons get it. I'm not sure if it's 1 server, or truely account wide though.

It applies to every toon on your account no matter the server.
Reply Quote
10 Tauren Warrior
09/27/2012 06:37 PMPosted by Mozzerella
3) It is insanely easy to get gold now a days.

As an experienced player who knows what sells on the AH and what addons will aid in those sales it is indeed easy to make gold. But the OP is a new player.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
They specifically said they don't intend for new players to participate in pet battles right away.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
3) It is insanely easy to get gold now a days.

As an experienced player who knows what sells on the AH and what addons will aid in those sales it is indeed easy to make gold. But the OP is a new player.

When I first started playing, and just like now, I was able to acquire A LOT of gold just by spending time farming mobs. This was during vanilla, so no daily quests, soloing of raids, etc. It just takes a basic knowledge of what function the Auction House serves. If they don't know, or don't know how to acquire gold, all they need to do is ask.

Regardless of what level something is, I always knew or assumed that the expensive goods are intended for use for either the crafty or the higher levels that can acquire more funds.
Edited by Eviloven on 9/27/2012 6:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
For one thing, the 100g training cost is going to make it difficult for a new player to get caught up in Pet Battles super-early, and that’s by design, because everyone should learn how to play World of Warcraft first. Having said that, a new alt that can get 100g from another character can start the Pet Battle system at level 5.

This was taken from the dev Pet Battles Q&A on the WoW home page.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/7339047/Pet_Battles_QA_with_Cory_Stockton-9_24_2012
Reply Quote
33 Human Paladin
Pet battles are basically in place to help prevent boredom once the quests have been completed and you sort of don't have anything else to do. So, by that time you will easily have enough gold. Probably will have enough gold long before that as well, so one should be able to get involved in that area before reaching Pandaria.

It depends on whether you do just questing, also get into dungeons and/or raids. The more aggressive you get the more money you earn. But even with only doing quests, it should not be too long. I tend to buy things along the way so takes me a bit longer to save. lol But my highest alt/character is 71 and would very easily have enough gold just with questing if I quit buying things. I may even have enough I haven't paid much attention for a while. (I've been over on Diablo.)

The pet battle system is basically not designed for beginning players. It's more for the advanced players perhaps starting out on a new alt/character or who just want to get into the pet battles.

Play for a while you then you will have enough gold.
Reply Quote
73 Tauren Shaman
This IS absolutely unfair. I have more than enough gold to cover it. But if Blizzard wants to encourage "Mentor Guilds" and a Simplified talent and rotation system" for new players then this is absurd. Either make it account wide but requires level 90 or 60 or what ever, or make the price reasonable for someone who only has one character who quests.

As a secondary issue.. I honestly think this account wide stuff is no good. I've been playing this game since release and have probably tens of thousands of hours and more than 200+ characters created and deleted over the course of 3 different accounts, and you know what I don't have nor have ever had a single character at max level. The reason being that I play every character as their own entity. I become the Brehmis or Tiskenburdle or Mahatu or whatever. They have their own motivations and act accordingly. I understand some people just want to pvp at max lvl ala Guild Wars but at least in guild wars never the twain shall meet.

Please Blizzard don't assume everyone wants to play Wow as one giant character and don't inhibit new players if you wish to encourage them to play.. Sure you can farm 5 stacks of ore to pay for your pet training but really, should that be necessary? There are plenty of other ways to create money sinks.
Edited by Brehmis on 9/27/2012 8:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
This IS absolutely unfair. I have more than enough gold to cover it. But if Blizzard wants to encourage "Mentor Guilds" and a Simplified talent and rotation system" for new players then this is absurd. Either make it account wide but requires level 90 or 60 or what ever, or make the price reasonable for someone who only has one character who quests.

As a secondary issue.. I honestly think this account wide stuff is no good. I've been playing this game since release and have thousands of hours and more than 200+ characters created and deleted and you know what I don't have a single character at max level. The reason being that I play every character as their own entity. I become the Brehmis or Tiskenburdle or Mahatu or whatever. They have their own motivations and act accordingly. I understand some people just want to pvp at max lvl ala Guild Wars but at least in guild wars never the twain shall meet.

Please Blizzard don't assume everyone wants to play Wow as one giant character and don't inhibit new players if you wish to encourage them to play.. Sure you can farm 5 stacks of ore to pay for your pet training but really, should that be necessary? There are plenty of other ways to create money sinks.

IT IS FAIR.

100 gold is pretty cheap, nowadays, and is easily earned. Back in Vanilla you had to GRIND to get 100g. That meant getting ALL the trash, selling all the trash, keeping your professions up to date, playing the economy.

Nowadays, the quests rewards are so ridiculously high, you will get your 100g in the blink of an eye.

So don't you dare whine about it.
Reply Quote
73 Tauren Shaman

IT IS FAIR.

100 gold is pretty cheap, nowadays, and is easily earned. Back in Vanilla you had to GRIND to get 100g. That meant getting ALL the trash, selling all the trash, keeping your professions up to date, playing the economy.

Nowadays, the quests rewards are so ridiculously high, you will get your 100g in the blink of an eye.

So don't you dare whine about it.

No it's not.. not if you're a new player and you're questing for your gold.. The average level 5 quest gives what 10 silver? How long do you think that is going to take? Don't involve selling to other players because not everyone else wants to farm ore or herbs or what have you and play the auction house. So stop your elitism.. Money to participate in NPC given events should never cost more than NPC's give.

If you just quest and sell your loot to vendors expect to get about 100 gold around level 40.
Edited by Brehmis on 9/27/2012 7:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Blizzard said that was the point. So level 5s don't have to keep up with so many things if you are new. If you have max levels and it's AW then it's no problem.
Reply Quote
29 Pandaren Priest
Instead of making a rediculous price, why not put a level cap on it? Archeology has a level cap. I understand you don't want 'new' players to get caught up in it, but what about players who like to play slow enjoying the storeline's with others? No I will feel forced to reach a high level fast and not enjoy the game as much just so I can collect cute animals? Lower the price and put a level 20cap instead! This is clearly favortism to older players! I pay as much money a month as they do! I have to buy the exspansions just like they do, so why should I be penalized?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
09/27/2012 07:14 PMPosted by Hsun
Instead of making a rediculous price, why not put a level cap on it? Archeology has a level cap. I understand you don't want 'new' players to get caught up in it, but what about players who like to play slow enjoying the storeline's with others? No I will feel forced to reach a high level fast and not enjoy the game as much just so I can collect cute animals? Lower the price and put a level 20cap instead! This is clearly favortism to older players! I pay as much money a month as they do! I have to buy the exspansions just like they do, so why should I be penalized?

I understand but they don't want new players to be inundated with things to do if they are new to the game especially.
Reply Quote
73 Tauren Shaman
09/27/2012 07:13 PMPosted by Fawnix
Blizzard said that was the point. So level 5s don't have to keep up with so many things if you are new. If you have max levels and it's AW then it's no problem.

If it's account wide then why not make it level 90? If it's intentional to make new players feel as if their low income citizens of azeroth then that's bad design.

Honestly if they made it level 90 or even 85 I couldn't participate, but I'd find it much more fair. I might even finish leveling one of my long forgotten characters to try and participate.. But making it so expensive at such a low level just screams TWINK and I for one wish it was either elite (or perhaps at least max level as nearly everyone has 6 85's now) or readily available.. As it stands now it's a high level (or gold buyers/trust fund twink) skill given at level 5? You have a high level character and want to pet battle? Fine log on your high level character, it's not like it isn't all account wide now after all. No need to rub it in the new players face.
Edited by Brehmis on 9/27/2012 7:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
33 Blood Elf Warlock
All you people that say gold is easy, you know the game! I get herbs tons of them, I also fish for money it is no where near enough! Gold isn't easy for a new player. It Isn't!

I know other new players 6-months or less that don't have that kind of money either!

I have been playing for about four months, I like the storyline and collecting pets isn't going to stop me from enjoying the game!

Being told I can't do something fun because I am a new player? That takes a bit of fun out of it. “No! Bad New Player! You can't do this yet!”

It isn't fair to us new people. It would be with a level cap but not with an unfair price cap.

Look at it like this old people, You recommend a friend , but maybe there is some new thing that they have to earn the money on their own, say you like playing with the pets, but now you recommended friend can't join you, even though you wanted to play with them. Why? Because they can't earn the money! (Remember you can't give it to them.)

WoW says it encourages people to play together and older players to get along and play with the newer players, then they make something to drive a wedge between us!

Sorry, I am on the new people side!
Reply Quote
5 Pandaren Monk
09/27/2012 07:21 PMPosted by Brehmis

If it's account wide then why not make it level 90? If it's intentional to make new players feel as if their low income citizens of azeroth then that's bad design.

Honestly if they made it level 90 or even 85 I couldn't participate, but I'd find it much more fair. I might even finish leveling one of my long forgotten characters to try and participate.. But making it so expensive at such a low level just screams TWINK and I for one wish it was either elite (or perhaps at least max level as nearly everyone has 6 85's now) or readily available.. As it stands now it a high level (or gold buyers/trust fund twink) skill given at level 5? You have a high level character and want to pet battle? Fine log on your high level character, it's not like it isn't all account wide now after all. No need to rub it in the new players face.

Lol you can't just make an absurd claim like that and then say its bad design. That simply is not the design. 100 gold is by no means hard to come by and new players will be obtaining that kind of stash by level 50 or so. I think it's entirely reasonable given that getting to that point in the game now is laughably easy.
Reply Quote
73 Tauren Shaman

Lol you can't just make an absurd claim like that and then say its bad design. That simply is not the design. 100 gold is by no means hard to come by and new players will be obtaining that kind of stash by level 50 or so. I think it's entirely reasonable given that getting to that point in the game now is laughably easy.

Then perhaps it should be a level 50 skill then, if new players are faced with the inablity to aquire skills at the approximate level they are available then I feel that my claims of bad design are reasonable.. Ultimately good and bad are relative and it all matters little to someone with 250,000 gold. But in my opinion at least if you don't want players to feel inhibited or inadequate you shouldn't place things exponentially out of their reach.

If a skill isn't available until level 60 or what have you... Fine, but if it's available at level 5 and it seems grossly out of reach (which it does to new players who aren't aware of playing the market) then it creates the feeling of inadequacy.. Doesn't seem like great design to me, I don't know too many people who want to feel inadequate, but hey maybe you do?

Don't get me wrong I think WoW is the best MMO ever created and I've pretty much played them all. But this design decision was bad in my opinion. I'm sure Wow will live regardless, but this isn't helping their cause with new players any.
Edited by Brehmis on 9/27/2012 7:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]