95 Gold Battle Pet Training LEVEL 5

90 Night Elf Druid
*old lady voice* I remember farming for days in order to be able to ride a mount at level 40. Why in my day, we had to go uphill in the snow through mobs both ways just in order to go from one zone to another. There was none of these fancy flying dragons, or carpets or strange mechanical vehicular devices...

I tell you what, if you could ride an epic mount, why, that was pretty legendary. Farming for days, no wait weeks, make that months! MONTHS I tell you, all to be able to ride a faster cat/ram/horse/mechanothing.... and forget about riding one that wasn't your faction unless you were prepared for the long haul of faction farming...

Now we got these there "pet battles", I tell ya even the critters are going nuts at this point! And I don't mean the squirrel neither!

*ends old lady voice*

Ok really?!?! It's 100g, even if you're a brand new player to wow, getting 100g is extremely easy to do. As it's been stated several times, if you get two gathering professions then just sell everything in the AH for even half the price of the closest competitor it -will- sell and you -will- earn more then that -per- zone you level through.

I constantly buy low level mats off the AH, why? Because I'm to flipping lazy to go and farm it myself with one of my alts!!!!

Honestly the bigger challenge is going to be your complete lack of pets at level 5...
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
09/27/2012 07:14 PMPosted by Hsun
This is clearly favortism to older players! I pay as much money a month as they do! I have to buy the exspansions just like they do, so why should I be penalized?

I don't understand how this is even an issue. You can't buy the highest level flying until you have 5000 gold... is that unfair, too? Just because it exists doesn't mean you have to do it immediately. The traveler's tundra wooly mammoth or whatever it's called is 15,000 gold. As far as I know, you could technically buy it at level 20, when you learned riding. So does that need a level cap, too, just because a new player can't afford it? Not everything needs to be handed to someone just because they pay the same subscription as everyone else. If your argument were a legitimate one, everything in the game would need to be dirt-cheap so that everyone could buy everything as soon as it were possible. That would be a really terrible system.

09/27/2012 07:21 PMPosted by Brehmis
If it's account wide then why not make it level 90?

Because I don't want to have to level up all of my characters to 90 in order to do pet battles. I can see that you're not interested in account-wide things, but I am. I have limited time to play, and the ability to have things account wide frees up more time for me to play alts. If I have to be level 90 in order to use pet battles, then I'm not going to play those alts very much, which I feel like defeats the whole purpose of what they're trying to do. I don't find it "fun" to be tied to one character. Just because YOU do, doesn't mean everyone does.

I've been playing this game since release and have probably tens of thousands of hours and more than 200+ characters created and deleted over the course of 3 different accounts, and you know what I don't have nor have ever had a single character at max level. The reason being that I play every character as their own entity.

Please Blizzard don't assume everyone wants to play Wow as one giant character

Please don't assume that everyone wants to play every character like it's a completely separate one, and has the time/wants to go through the process of leveling and collecting everything they want to on every single character.

Instead of making a rediculous price, why not put a level cap on it?

The price *is* the cap. Even if it were bumped up to say, level 30 or even 50, who's to say a new player would have the gold for it then? It's very quick to level if you have the time, even as a new player, but it's more difficult to know how to spend your money wisely. Having non-essential things in the game be expensive has always been a successful way of telling players, "You are not ready for this yet." People have always been able to figure out ways to get the money, or have realized they can do without that particular thing for the time being. I like to give the new players the benefit of the doubt and assume they're not as abysmally stupid as you are all making them out to be... I really don't think someone would quit because they would see that something they could *possibly* buy is currently out of their price range. The first time I played, when mounts were, what, 100g? I think I had something like 10 when I hit the level where I could buy it. I didn't quit, I just kept playing doing what I was having fun doing, stopped spending gold on anything I felt like I didn't absolutely *need*, and eventually, when I got the money, I went back and bought the thing I wanted. I am not trying to be like, "Oh, you guys don't understand how much things used to cost!" I am just using this as an example because it was my experience. I would feel the same way now... if I saw pet battles at level 5, and I only had 5g not 100, I would do the same thing... keep playing until I could go back and get it.

What I find bizarre are the suggestions that, because some super new players leveling their first toon might have trouble getting that much gold for a little while, the level cap should be raised so they dont even have the chance of getting the gold and doing the pet battles at 5.

This. Everyone is saying they feel excluded, so raise the level requirement. By doing that, you're just excluding all the new players who *do* figure out how to get gold quickly. I'd rather have a gold cap than a level cap for just about anything.

While I would google it, a lot of people wouldn't.. I know for a fact one of my friends wouldn't. The idea of doing research for a game just doesn't make sense to him.

You don't have to turn to outside sources. It's not difficult to take a look at the auction house and see what kinds of things are selling for a lot. If you can figure out how to take a profession and start leveling it without turning to outside sources, then you can figure out how to sell your profession mats without turning to outside sources.

09/28/2012 01:55 AMPosted by Pandalol
Blue commented that the Pet battles are supposed to be a fun thing...unless you are a level 10 new player you can t "have fun" with pet battles because you are supposed to level and grind up to in essence "spend time in game" to achieve your "other" objectives. Personally I think it is stupid.

If you aren't having fun in this game long enough to make 95g, this is not the game for you. If the only thing that makes it fun is the pet battle mini-game, there are other games out there for you that you will enjoy more. To call leveling "grinding" is just kind of silly... that's one of the main focuses of the game, and if you don't enjoy it, or you don't enjoy running dungeons (both of which will get you 95 gold pretty easily if you don't spend it on things you don't need) then you are never going to really enjoy this game, and why are you paying for a game you don't like?

09/28/2012 05:34 AMPosted by Demiurge
Too high though, i mean really, why not 10g? a NEW player wont make that until they are over level 20 easily

This is the only argument I've seen in this thread that makes sense. They could easily lower it and still have it be pretty inaccessible for brand new players.

09/28/2012 06:49 AMPosted by Tigore
The reason why I can do pet battles with my Alliance alts is because I bought it on my Tauren Warrior here.

I bought it on this character, but I didn't have to buy it again for my alliance alts. If you do, for some reason, it's a bug and you should put in a ticket about it.

09/28/2012 07:52 AMPosted by Veredea
You do realize someone just coming into the game doesn't know that there are sites out there to look at,

This apparently is surprising to a lot of people, but most people who can figure out how to play an MMO can also figure out how to use the google. There are a lot of things I don't know about this game. The first time someone said "DPS" I had to google it. And then I had to google it some more, because I didn't understand what it could possibly mean that someone wanted a "damage per second" in their group. Doesn't every weapon have damage per second? Of course, now they tell you if you're a DPS class in your talents, so that's a non-issue, but the point remains. When I don't understand game-related things, I just google them. The recurring theme I keep seeing in this thread, as someone else has pointed out, is that "new players are stupid." They're not. They may not understand all the things in the game right away, but they can figure it out. Everyone else did. You guys are not giving the "noobs" credit for being actual people with brains.

09/28/2012 08:14 AMPosted by Samyaza
If you don't know that there are sites with the, you most likely wont be looking for them,

Again, this is you treating people like they are stupid. Do you NEVER google ANYTHING just because you don't know whether or not there's a site for it?

09/28/2012 08:39 AMPosted by Samyaza
Its account wide, this is a dumb statement. Go buy it on your higher level toon.

If it is account wide, but there is a level-requirement, now the question is: does buying it on a high level alt make it accessible on an alt below the level requirement? My mounts are account wide, but my level 12 characters still can't use them.

09/28/2012 09:30 AMPosted by Pandalol
Used to be a time when the game was open for people to play as they wished.
See above comment about purchasing riding/flying skills. This is the same thing as not having the gold to purchase the wooly mammoth at level 20.

I am not against lowering the cost of pet battles. I think probably something like 25g would be enough to keep the really new players away from it until they understood what they were doing. I *am* against all the terrible reasons people are citing for wanting the price tag lowered.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
"Fun mini game" implies--to me, anyhow--that pet battles are intended to complement what one is already doing in the game, viz. questing, dungeons, crafting, and /or gathering. If a player is doing any of the aforementioned activities, the gold should not be an issue. If one pays 15/mo. just for pet battles, on the other hand, then that person is wasting his/her money.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
Does anyone remember how bad arcaeology was when it first started? It was broken, and they didnt fix it for monthes, just go do something else and when the failbots that run blizz see that it isnt being used they (might) fix it.
Reply Quote

Either that or skin sheep outside of Org.

funny, but i think we stopped been able to skin sheep a while back or maybe it was a bug and they we are able to skin them again

OT- I see the point of the cost been prohibitive if pet battles is all you do, but other activites make the 100g possible. If all you want to do is pet battle well there is this game ... what is it called? poke, or pika, you know the game that is dedicated to only pet battles! for only one time payment! no subs fee :P
Edited by Dabul on 9/28/2012 10:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
86 Dwarf Shaman
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kirin-tor/Hsun/feed

Check the link, it's their profile feed, you can also just right click on their name, look at the Recent Activity at the bottom, they aren't the new "straight out of the box" player they're proclaiming to be. Shame on you. You had time to save up for "unforeseeable expenses" , you just didn't, to be plain. Don't whine at Blizzard because you had poor planning. Now, I realize they aren't 80+, however they have at least a level 30 and are a double gatherer, I have no sympathy at all for this person, or people like her.

I can understand the requires Lvl 5 thing no problem, so does fishing.

It's just no one has 95-gold at level 5 it''s impossinble unless you have mega toons to give you the money.

If you are a new player you can't do this at all!! Completly unfair! My 30+ Toons don't even have 95-gold all together! It's rediculous!

I have never complained in the forums before ever, but this is showing sad favortism to people with a lot of high level toons that can afford to give their toons the 95 gold.

How is a new player ever suppossed to come up with that kind of gold?

Come one Blizzard! No other training costs that much initially!

The price is way too high! I am sorry I ran around buying cute little pets now, and there are so many more that i can't buy without the training!

This isn't fair to your new Players Blizz, I have an idea roll up a toon and see how long it takes you to earn 95 gold without getting money from anyone or any other toon! You'll see that this price is rediculous!
Reply Quote
This is a terrible decision imo. Fun features like this are what get people interested. There's already enough cool stuff you have to wait to do - let new players actually enjoy the game for once, rather than feeling rushed to high level. :/

If anyone hordeside Cenarion Circle is new and wants to enjoy pet battling, send an in game mail to Niao or Corvidia. I'll send you the gold myself. heh
Edited by Niao on 9/28/2012 10:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
Im sorry, but 95 gold is rather cheap. Yes I have alts to furnish my new toons, but, even if I didnt if I wanted to buy something for 95 gold, id make it. Its not hard to learn a profession and weve all had to look up one thing or another on google to understand something in this game. If they dont wanna learn or ask then they dont need the gold bad enough.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight

It's just no one has 95-gold at level 5 it''s impossinble unless you have mega toons to give you the money.

If you are a new player you can't do this at all!! Completly unfair! My 30+ Toons don't even have 95-gold all together! It's rediculous!

I have never complained in the forums before ever, but this is showing sad favortism to people with a lot of high level toons that can afford to give their toons the 95 gold.

The price is way too high! I am sorry I ran around buying cute little pets now, and there are so many more that i can't buy without the training!

This isn't fair to your new Players Blizz, I have an idea roll up a toon and see how long it takes you to earn 95 gold without getting money from anyone or any other toon! You'll see that this price is rediculous!

My 30+ Toons

I am sorry I ran around buying cute little pets now,

Ugh...read the post clowns. Bad troll is bad.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
09/27/2012 06:49 PMPosted by Eviloven
If they don't know, or don't know how to acquire gold, all they need to do is ask.

asking trade is pretty much asking to get trolled very few people in trade will give you the right information most will give you the wrong info go out make friends with people that know the game or google how to make money NEVER ask trade chat
Reply Quote
What the hell are you wimps whining about now? You are level 5, isn't the purpose of the game to level? So go do it. Stop worrying about the mini games and level your damn toon. You want to know hard? Try going back 3 expansions and having to spend 1000 gold on riding training at level 60 and then on top of that having to spend 100 plus gold on your mount.

tl:dr

Stop being a whiny little &#$%@ and go level your damn toon and stop flooding the forums with your asinine comments.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
BOA's can be used at level 1 and two (or three now) can be bought with gold if you're in a lvl 25 guild. Funny how no one's complaining that the 2700 g for the BOA helm and back combined are "inaccessible" to lower players even though you only need to be level 1! People understand that those are for people who can afford them on a high lvl toon for their low lvl alts.

Pet battles is like a BOA too seeing as it's account wide when you buy it, but oh no!

We must complain. The whole WoW experience is RUINED if we cannot pet battle. Whatever will we do. There is nothing to play or experience without pet battles!
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Warlock
09/27/2012 08:34 PMPosted by Jackiepan
Making it so the new players can't do anything to really break up the grind of leveling thus causing them to actually enjoy the game more....

They should not be "breaking up the level grinding" because in the end, they will notice how long it is taking them to get to level 90, and they will start to lose interest in the game. Pet battles once at level 90 however...that means that you can fly to pet battles, instead of a low level toon doing it on foot across EK, Kal, NR, OL and Pan.

Even if a lower level learned this, it would hardly be benificial to them in any way whatsoever.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
oh quitcher whining. Sell a few stacks of cloth or something and POOF! you gotcher gold. You been watchin too much of yer damn Pokee-mon youngin.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
U make insane amounts of gold from 60-90 lvl'n just from the QUESTS let alone all the other !@#$ that comes with lvl'n. Pet battles should have a grind just like any other feature in a mmo. If everything was handed to u it would take the fun out of it.
Get off the forums with these ridiculous qq threads and go grind it up. It would be stupid to think u could just make a lvl 1 toon and lvl up to max pet battle without ever leaving orgimmar or not have a maxed toon already. I'm not to sure how pet battles work but from what i seen so far u have to go to higher end area's to battle pets to lvl dont u? well how the hell u gonna do that at lvl 5 without bumping into higher lvl mobs with insane aggro lengths?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
09/27/2012 06:37 PMPosted by Mozzerella
3) It is insanely easy to get gold now a days. When I made a worgen at the start of Cata on a separate server with no aid from anyone, I had well over 500g by the time I was level 20.
I think you are exaggerating.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I'm just curious as to how many pets does one have as fresh new lvl 5? Seriously?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I cannot describe how much I laughed while reading this.

WoW Forum Pearl right here
Reply Quote
86 Dwarf Shaman

My 30+ Toons

I am sorry I ran around buying cute little pets now,

Ugh...read the post clowns. Bad troll is bad.

ACK!!! Nice catch! I can't believe I missed that, lol. I did find out proof of it myself, but completely missed the admission of it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]