95 Gold Battle Pet Training LEVEL 5

90 Worgen Mage
what happened to the days when you worked to earn something, grinding rep for a mount, reaching lvl 55 to make a DK. when you finally got there you felt like " hey I did this", those might be bad examples but its the point im pushing here. If everything is free and given to you theres no reason the PLAY the game. " why should i go gather ore/herbs?, Ill just whine about the price and theyll give it to me"
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
The cost is there, in part, because pet battles are intended to be a fun mini-game, particularly for players who've been around a while and want some new ways to spend their time while logged in -- it's not a profession. The system isn't really targeted toward new players while they're focused on leveling and character progression.

This is why there is a low level cap, but a buy-in barrier. It allows players with high-level characters and/or lots of alts easy access to the system, while reducing the risk of it being distracting or confusing for people just learning the core gameplay systems/mechanics.

Agreed
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
I don't have the money to buy a Bentley. It's not fair and Bentley should have to drop their prices so I can afford one!
Reply Quote
20 Pandaren Hunter
So many ways to do this. Maybe the best solution would be since we have these new pet trainers and blizz is going to charge, turn it into more of a "profession" that can be a fun side game. The old way of hunter's training pets was to goto the trainer and learn the level appropriate spells. IE- you can't farm certain level herbs/ore til you reach that level-then make pets the same- you can't find or use pets in your stable til you've trained to use them. Why can't non combat pet training just do the same- that way a level 5 can enter into it cheaply and then progress as they level. As it stands - you could see a level 5 alt with a hi level menagerie of pets do battle and whoop hell out of a lvl 90 main. If you can train yours pets to level and progress as you level then it does stay in tune with a players understanding of the game. Then blizz could add pet battling as quest rewards that could be level appropriate. And put the fun back into what was supposed to be a great new addition that does seem to be geared for more experienced WoW players than new ones.
Reply Quote
86 Night Elf Druid
All you people that say gold is easy, you know the game! I get herbs tons of them, I also fish for money it is no where near enough! Gold isn't easy for a new player. It Isn't!

I know other new players 6-months or less that don't have that kind of money either!

I have been playing for about four months, I like the storyline and collecting pets isn't going to stop me from enjoying the game!

Being told I can't do something fun because I am a new player? That takes a bit of fun out of it. “No! Bad New Player! You can't do this yet!”

It isn't fair to us new people. It would be with a level cap but not with an unfair price cap.

Look at it like this old people, You recommend a friend , but maybe there is some new thing that they have to earn the money on their own, say you like playing with the pets, but now you recommended friend can't join you, even though you wanted to play with them. Why? Because they can't earn the money! (Remember you can't give it to them.)

WoW says it encourages people to play together and older players to get along and play with the newer players, then they make something to drive a wedge between us!

Sorry, I am on the new people side!

If you were recommended here by a friend, most likely they are a friend and can either give you the 95g or loan it to you.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
Honestly if I was a new player, the last thing I would be looking to do when I first got in was to play the Pet battles. Seeing how much late game content there is, I would want to rush to that as quickly as possible

There is so much to do in WoW that you wont even notice the pet battles until you probably have enough money. Also you probably wouldn't have any or many pets yet to do so.

Finally, with how fast you level up in the starting of pet battles, you (your level ) won't even be high enough level to either continue the trainer quests or battle against pets that are your pets level.

I can MAYBE see them lowering it to like 50G but honestly It doesnt need it. Just focus on leveling and then get into it once you hit BC or WOTLK

Edit: And if you need something to break from the leveling - Try fishing
Edited by Norpser on 9/28/2012 10:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
95 Gold ?? all this is about 95 gold ?? lmao what server are you on ? i will come play for an hour as a new toon and show you how EASY 95 gold really is... literally takes an hour, maybe a little more... get to level 5, grab a gathering prof... POOF gold in your pockets !!
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
To anyone that can't afford this, start a new toon on Stonemaul-US, Alliance.
Level it to 5.
Send me a in-game tell.
I will mail you the 100g.
Buy the thing.
Boom, account wide, problem solved.

P.S. You must add a post here saying "Divinethis is the best ever!" before I will mail you the gold.
Reply Quote
09/27/2012 06:31 PMPosted by Hsun
My 30+ Toons don't even have 95-gold all together! It's rediculous!

lmao, 0/10 you're trying too hard.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
WAAAAAA tundra mounts are 20,000 G I want one!!!! But it takes forever to get one!!! UNFAIR BLIZZ that I have to work for something in game!

Quit QQing people.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
I truly believe this post is irrelevant. First, it's dirt cheap. And if you are a new player, well let me welcome you and say kudos! But, . . As you progress in the game, I think your main focus should be to jump right in the story line and go kill critters, not tame them them and spend countless hours playing with the pet battle system. I don't think the main focus of the game is that. It's one of those pleasures for days where you've done to much of something, and feel like trying another. It'll come with time, but go explore and get involved!
Edited by Harmonia on 9/28/2012 10:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
gold is free in game. you just have to kill monsters.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
For those that have been around since vanilla, we think the other way around, Blizzard is catering too much to lower levels now, I'm happy to see a little bit of a struggle for lower levels to achieve, i remember when basic riding training for the slowest mount was attained at level 40 and was 100g, quite a lot back then, not to mention when they came out with flying mounts you didn't get it till level 70 and for the slowest flying training was either 900g or 1000g. i also remember having to sit in barrens for 2 hours trying to get a group for WC, RFK, RFD, and BFD. IMO thank you blizzard for adding some challenge to the lower level game again.
Edited by Solanata on 9/28/2012 10:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
100g really isn't that much anymore. I haven't sent any money to my new monk, and at level 40 it already has 50-some gold just from questing and vendoring everything. I was actually surprised when I noticed how much I had. Someone leveling with gathering professions or bothering to AH/DE greens would have much more.

With that knowledge, 100g seems about right to me. A lot of things are cheap now (ground mounts anyone?) so new players don't have much to spend their money on.

Just because things are available at level 5 doesn't mean you can afford them, and it never has. At level 5 you can level your professions fairly high -- but not if you don't have money to buy the mats.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
The cost is there, in part, because pet battles are intended to be a fun mini-game, particularly for players who've been around a while and want some new ways to spend their time while logged in -- it's not a profession. The system isn't really targeted toward new players while they're focused on leveling and character progression.

This is why there is a low level cap, but a buy-in barrier. It allows players with high-level characters and/or lots of alts easy access to the system, while reducing the risk of it being distracting or confusing for people just learning the core gameplay systems/mechanics.

From my experience it's easier as a completely new player to learn as you go though. Every time an add on comes out or you guys make major game mechanic/skill changes I cringe just because "arrrrgh change bad!" you just get used to and comfortable with it. Maybe scaling the cost by what the account's highest level toon is would make it seem more fair to beginning players?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
09/27/2012 08:14 PMPosted by Zarhym

Although it is not a profession it is very clear that the critters level along with the zones. As a new player wouldn't you want to start testing these pets and leveling them as you go? I personally am enjoying discovering more pets. On the other hand it is tedious trying to level my pets so I can catch more. At the moment there is no way I can capture the many many critters in Pandaria.

Just a thought.
Reply Quote
rofl, nice!!!
Reply Quote
80 Dwarf Mage
If you're BRAND new to the game - all the pet battle thing is going to do is confuse you more in terms of playing the game. Also, 95 gold is not hard to get - by level 20 you should have well over 200 just by questing and selling items you don't need.

Furthermore, I find it odd that you are saying that you went around "buying up" cute pets for pet battles but now can't afford 95 G....
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]