95 Gold Battle Pet Training LEVEL 5

90 Orc Shaman
Darn, and here i was ready to pay $95 for a gold level 5 battle pet!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Really?

Most newbies that come into the game at least ask for help. If they can get the right info, cause the dill weeds that think it's cute to be nasty, then it's not hard to figure out how to make gold. Back in Vanilla, you had to spend MONTHS grinding out mobs for gold and then you had to spend it on getting your first mount. Paladin mount grinds......NEVER AGAIN! You were lucky to make more than 5k gold before having to spend it on something you really needed.

Don't whine about gold making. I taught my husband how to make gold on WoW and now he makes more than I do.

Some helpful tips to all you 'new' players:

Play with people you know.

Get into a guild that will help you understand the game better.

Don't ask Trade anything. Most of them think they are Vegas(insert your server's famous troller here) and find it funny to piss on others.

Take on two gathering professions and take up fishing. *Gathering profs will be herbalism, mining, skinning.* You would be surprised how much fish can go for on the Auction House depending on your server.

That being said, saying that Blizz is favoring older players is a maybe comment. In the guild that I help manage, if a member really wanted it, then we all help teach the new player how to make gold. Or if one of the members is really generous, then we give them the gold. Hell, I've spent hard earned gold, not really, on guild-mates to get them geared so they could run heroics. All in all the OP is being a drama queen.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I can understand the requires Lvl 5 thing no problem, so does fishing.

It's just no one has 95-gold at level 5 it''s impossinble unless you have mega toons to give you the money.

If you are a new player you can't do this at all!! Completely unfair! My 30+ Toons don't even have 95-gold all together! It's ridiculous!

I have never complained in the forums before ever, but this is showing sad favortism to people with a lot of high level toons that can afford to give their toons the 95 gold.

How is a new player ever supposed to come up with that kind of gold?

This isn't fair to your new Players Blizz, I have an idea roll up a toon and see how long it takes you to earn 95 gold without getting money from anyone or any other toon! You'll see that this price is rediculous!

I rolled a brand new panda from level 1. No heirloom gear for it since I am on a brand new server and transferring my toons from my old server with the gear would have cost me 55 REAL dollars (with faction change). instead I rolled a DK and got to 85

I sent my panda 100 gold to begin with. I am now 37 and have 185 gold. That's a net gain of 85 gold and that was WITH my buying myself gear, food to heal, learning first aid, training level 20 mount and buying one of each of the turtle mounts (because they rock) AND buying three or four pieces of completely over priced transmog gear for my panda to have a certain look. Oh and transmogging my gear. So....

TLDR: I obviously made WAY more than 85 gold since playing since I spent twice that in all the above mentioned expenses. So earning and spending 95 gold is completely doable. The expense is a one time thing since it is an account wide unlock. So...yeah, no big deal.

I normally don't say anything rude to anyone on the forums, but... Learn2savegold
Edited by Samain on 9/28/2012 11:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
86 Undead Death Knight
I leveled a Rogue to 55 before making this guy. My total gold earned was 900. And all i sold on the AH was Greens Blues and Cloth. I dont even have a gathering profession. I had 95 Gold by level 30.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
/bump

Unfair for sure. People pay $15 a month to play the entire game not wait until you gain 95 gold for a pet battle system that makes you run through old zones to lvl your pets.
Reply Quote
just pay the $95 and you have the pet battle system forever in all of your (current and future) characters

when i was a newbie (Burning Crusade) it took me several levels to get 50 gold, leveling my worgen, just doing quest, no profesion, no AH, just selling stuff... took me 15 levels to get 50 g... really, the game is about specializing in something, if you try to do EVERYTHING at the same time you wuil get just lack of mone, lack of time, and you can't enojoy anything
Edited by Sevent on 9/28/2012 11:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Why not cater to the older players since they have been the main support of the all these years.Make the new players work for it like we did.Thats the problem with most people instant gratification.Where is the sense of accomplishnent if it is just handed to you on a silver platter.
Reply Quote
29 Pandaren Priest
I know there was confusion in the post, my fault. I don't have 30 toons what I was trying to say was that I have a level 30+ character in the start of the post... my level 30+ character has 22g, also I didn't know:

#1) it's account wide, so at least the level 30+ might have a chance to make the money by the time she is level 50+ (I had only 10 toons until Pandara, now I have twelve) I am sorry that I didn't write that correctly and it was mistaken as over 30 toons.

#2) That Blizzard made the 95g as a the cap... Which Blizzard was nice enough to explain to me. I appreciate that explanation. :)

#3) Blizzard obviously agrees that 95g is not easy for a new player that doesn't know the ropes, and that is why they made it a 95g cap. I get that I understand and I am fine with the fact that it "Wasn't intended for new players"

#4) I have only been playing for 3 months, also stated, I am a new player.

#5) Thanks to people here on the forum I now know that what I thought was useless herbs and ore actually amounts to something on the auction. I didn't know, I figured because it was such low level stuff it wouldn't be worth anything and no one would want to buy it. I really do appreciate them telling me this. I want to point I have been selling my stacks to a vender for about 1 silver, as I thought that is how it was done.

#6) It's easy to get overwhelmed when I walk into Goldshire and see the pet vender right there where the Toons come to get their first mission. Everything I have been hearing is it was available once you hit level 5, and my 5th levels aren't good enough to have that money. I now understand the reason for it. It has take me 3 months to get 22 gold, I don't know the ropes. I will learn.

#7) I don't know all the ropes, and I really do appreciate all of you that gave me great advice on how to get more money! It really means a lot to me so thank you all! (Oh, I am going to skip the begging though, it's not my style.)

#8) I am not going to comment back on anyone who just comes down on me because they are entitled to there opinions and I have never liked direct confrontation. If they don't understand my reason or have confusion from this post arguing will not make them see my point.

#9) I wanted to say thank you again to all those of you that were helpful! You gave me a lot of good advice which I intend to use!

#10) The point was simple. "95g is too much for a level 5 toon to have without having other toons or guilds to grant it for you." I know the reason behind it. It's not meant for 'new players'. It was confirmed and thank them for the time they took in answering this post.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I am your average blizzard consumer !@#$%

please take my $95 as I would like my battle training to be gold
Reply Quote
I can understand the requires Lvl 5 thing no problem, so does fishing.

It's just no one has 95-gold at level 5 it''s impossinble unless you have mega toons to give you the money.

If you are a new player you can't do this at all!! Completly unfair! My 30+ Toons don't even have 95-gold all together! It's rediculous!

I have never complained in the forums before ever, but this is showing sad favortism to people with a lot of high level toons that can afford to give their toons the 95 gold.

How is a new player ever suppossed to come up with that kind of gold?

Come one Blizzard! No other training costs that much initially!

The price is way too high! I am sorry I ran around buying cute little pets now, and there are so many more that i can't buy without the training!

This isn't fair to your new Players Blizz, I have an idea roll up a toon and see how long it takes you to earn 95 gold without getting money from anyone or any other toon! You'll see that this price is rediculous!

Even if you were to start a brand new level 1 without heirlooms, you could pick up mining or skinning and farm out enough materials to get 95g within just a few hours. Copper/tin ore are needed for a variety of crafting professions as well as smelting (which is an alternate way to level mining) and are something that most players simply do not want to spend the time farming.

Even @ 5g per stack (which is the low end on ores, usually 1g per ore) you wouldn't even need 20 stacks of ore to get pet battle training. I think it's good that there is a higher gold cost for pet battle training, it keeps trial account people from being able to participate (they already exploit 'free' to twink @ level 20).

At the end of the day, you could probably beg for 95g in trade channel and someone would gladly give it to you just to stop your begging.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
boy i remember that feeling well!! when i started playing the game i had a ton of catching up to do to my guildies/friends. and i did save and vendor/sell EVERYTHING i could find. and i was proud when i got my flying skill {BC} before alot of my guildies who had been at level got theirs.lol back then it was an accomplishment. now , its a handout almost. im not complaining it makes life easier for those of us who have several level capped toons, but i do get tired of the complaints that everything isnt handed to them on a silver platter.. JMO..
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Priest
90 gold isn't hard to get. Like...at all.
Are you complaining that a new player on a new account doesn't get 90 gold on a platter right away?
So tired of these instant gratification whiners........

So? He made a valid point. If you can't be bothered to even Google making gold in WoW as a new player ....well, I don't know what to say.
WoW just like life, takes time to acquire things. Some things more trivial than others.
Like say GETTING 90 GOLD.

And really? Is that the only defense older players have? "why don't you google"?

Not everyone runs to google before starting a new game. If you don't know that there are sites with the, you most likely wont be looking for them, and once again, WHETHER OR NOT THEY KNOW HOW TO MAKE GOLD IS NOT THE MAIN ISSUE. The issue is that they are being given something they can't have due to lack of knowledge. And really, trying to trivialize the issue is just childish.

You're playing a game on the internet... Why wouldn't you google something if you don't know what to do? It's 2012 people, Google has the answers for everything!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Looking over this thread, I was not sure as to if it was role playing, trolling, etc. New players are not being discriminated against. Pet battles require level 5 and 95 gold. Leveling speed has been increased so much that an experienced player can reach level 20 in 2 hours or less without any buffs. A semi-dedicated player who gives 1-3 hours a day on a new character can be 50 within a week or so. At that point you have plenty of gold. Brand new characters can also not do the following: Looking for Raid, Rated Battlegrounds, Arenas, Fly. Plus there are many more things that you need to earn and accomplish in this game. Its full of more than a Poke'mon look alike battle system. Please don't insult those of us who have been around for more than a week by complaining about how you don't get things easily. Anyone who has played can attest that ground mounts, the cost of riding upgrades, and duel spec have been nerfed considerably in at least part so that "new players" can experience more of the game sooner. Take what you get and work for what you want.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
/bump

Unfair for sure. People pay $15 a month to play the entire game not wait until you gain 95 gold for a pet battle system that makes you run through old zones to lvl your pets.

Seriously? You do realize this is an MMO right? Did you expect to go kill Deathwing just because you paid your 15 dollars at level 1? Ridiculous IMO. The blue post explained PERFECTLY why they required the $95 gold. If it's that big of a deal... pay the money, transfer to my server and I'll drop a thousand gold at you right now.... Oh btw I made that yesterday just doing quest, dailies, and a few dungeon runs...
Edited by Recompense on 9/28/2012 11:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
95 Human Paladin
Ok, it's really not that big of a deal. 90 gold to a newbie is alot, but think about it for a second, most new toons are alts at this point or are friend with a max level toon. So for a level 12 to have to buy it isn't really that big of a deal, then they can level battle pets as they level
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]