95 Gold Battle Pet Training LEVEL 5

85 Goblin Hunter
IMO if new players were interested in doing Pet Battles, there shouldn't be anyone telling them can't in the sense they need to level up to higher level to make the gold. That's just wrong, considering it's just a mini-game. If I was a new player and really wanted to play, i'd be extremely dissapointed. Mind, I usually came up with schemes to get gold - usually charming someone into 'lending' me this gold. Come up with creative ways to get the gold OP *wink*
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
The cost is there, in part, because pet battles are intended to be a fun mini-game, particularly for players who've been around a while and want some new ways to spend their time while logged in -- it's not a profession. The system isn't really targeted toward new players while they're focused on leveling and character progression.

This is why there is a low level cap, but a buy-in barrier. It allows players with high-level characters and/or lots of alts easy access to the system, while reducing the risk of it being distracting or confusing for people just learning the core gameplay systems/mechanics.

What about the new player who is drawn to WoW, for the first time, because of the new pet battle system? You may have just lost them. You guys really need to stop being so cautious on how you roll out new features and need to stop worrying about confusing new players. You remember how this was the same argument for how much dual spec costs were initially?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
09/28/2012 02:39 AMPosted by Irocain

Please stop it. The OP is a new player who simply wants to play with pets. She isn't going to learn the AH, or whatever it is you do that earns you 1k a day. Assume all her toons are under level 30, slowest mount and she is unfamiliar with addons and professions. She doesnt want to be swamped with having to learn all that, she just wants to play with the pets.

Personally I think they should just make it free, newbies will eventually come around

No you stop. Enough is enough. New player or not most people are fully capable of figuring out the link between the auction house and the items they acquire in game. Again new doesn't mean stupid.

There is nothing in the game that shows new players how easy it is to make gold. That takes some research and asking some questions that a new player may not feel comfortable asking.
Reply Quote

This isn't fair to your new Players Blizz, I have an idea roll up a toon and see how long it takes you to earn 95 gold without getting money from anyone or any other toon! You'll see that this price is rediculous!

I've actually done this many times. It is ridiculously easy to make 100g on a new toon without support from any high level toons on the same account. Stop spending your gold on crap you don't need, pick up gathering professions, sell the items you pick/mine/skin on the AH and you'll have 100g in about 2 hours.

Either, go do the work or continue to look like a whining child on the forums. Good luck with whichever choice you make.
Reply Quote

There is nothing in the game that shows new players how easy it is to make gold. That takes some research and asking some questions that a new player may not feel comfortable asking.

They are too uncomfortable to ask "can anyone give me some advice on how to make some gold? I really want to use the new pet battle system but lack the funds to do so. Any help would be appreciated."

But not too uncomfortable to come here and tell a company that has sold billions in games how to do their jobs?

Interesting. Nonsense. But interesting.
Reply Quote

I've actually done this many times. It is ridiculously easy to make 100g on a new toon without support from any high level toons on the same account. Stop spending your gold on crap you don't need, pick up gathering professions, sell the items you pick/mine/skin on the AH and you'll have 100g in about 2 hours.
Lol you aren't a NEW player you simpleton!

He didn't say to become a new player, simpleton! He said to roll a new toon. But way to make an !@# of yourself in the pursuit of trollhood!

Either, go do the work or continue to look like a whining child on the forums. Good luck with whichever choice you make

Or continue to look like a snarky douch. Good luck youself kiddo.

WTF is a douch? <----Here we have an example of someone not understanding something and, rather than insist the world change to suit that misunderstanding, simply asks for clarification. Really is a far more productive use of written words. Or in your case, the attempted use of words.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
This is by far the most ridiculous thing I have ever read on these forums lmao.
1) 100g is nothing you make that easily just playing the game even at low levels.
2) their are actually people who care more about pet battles then leveling? then why did you play wow before Tuesday?
3) I cant believe people like this exist. why are you guys paying all this money to goof around at low levels? Go play a free game that is way easier. That way you spend way less for something more your speed

If any of you ppl who feel this way are on frostmane I will buy your pet battles for you. I believe my character keeps 100g in his sock for incredibly cheep transactions like this lol.
Edited by Norious on 9/28/2012 3:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
57 Tauren Priest

This isn't fair to your new Players Blizz, I have an idea roll up a toon and see how long it takes you to earn 95 gold without getting money from anyone or any other toon! You'll see that this price is rediculous!

Either, go do the work or continue to look like a whining child on the forums. Good luck with whichever choice you make.

however, new players would think finished products would sell for more than the mats, cause I know thats what i though when I first picked up mining and blacksmithing on my hunter during TBC.

Now as someone who can realibely remember my started days in wow, I used to try and keep 3 stacks of food and drink, with a back stack of level apporiate bandages just in case. As we all know that isn't needed and is just a waste of money but as a new player, I didn't know that.
Edited by Zackyd on 9/28/2012 4:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
I thought it was 95 dollars... :/
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
Go level and you will quickly make the gold you need. Is this really that big of a deal? They have an achieve for earning 30,000g from questing. That gold can be yours!! Go quest. You will get a lot of trash to vendor, greens to DE and/or sell, and quest rewards that you can vendor (hint: always take the most expensive piece of gear!!).
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
But the OP is a new player

09/27/2012 06:31 PMPosted by Hsun
My 30+ Toons don't even have 95-gold all together!

Maybe if the OP spent a little more time making one toon past 30 instead of several alts, she would have easily had the gold by now?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
It has TWO restrictions.

Level 5 -AND- 95 gold. You need to meet BOTH.

It's like driving. You need to be a certain age -AND- have insurance. Just because you turned the proper age doesn't mean you can afford the insurance.

People cry over anything nowdays.
Reply Quote
29 Pandaren Priest
Um, back in my day OP the slow as molasses riding mounts were G100...and you didn't get them till level 40. Then when you finally qualified for an epic mount it was like G1000. When we first got to Northrend for cold weather flying it too was expensive...G100 or so for a fun optional mini game is cheap. If you are upset because your playing style precludes you from making money there are three options 1) change your playing style to allow for more income 2)accept that you won't be able to buy some things due to your playing style or 3)be content in your playing style and accept that other people are content in their playing styles that are different from yours.One doesn't have to grind out the money-just start paying attention and it will come to you. Skin and loot every mob. Instead of going directly to your quest area, kill a path and skin/loot everything you kill. Gather every node you come across, even if it doesn't give you a skill up. Level your crafting profession. Sell only what you happen to come across in the game world on the AH-you don't have to go crazy farming. I did this when I first started and made quite a bit of gold. All I did was look at what seemed to be selling for high G and compare that to what I could gather/craft and voila! money. I also sold everything I came across-and the first thing I did was buy bigger bags so I could store more things. I did it all without add ons for about two years. Now I prefer to play with them but I can survive without them-you can make gold, you just need to start believing you can and lose the defeatist attitude. Believe in your toons' abilities :)

lol! I am glad the mounts aren't that high anymore!

I am going to try this, traveling the way the crow flies so to speak! I have been getting lots of ore and herbs, I just didn't think they would sell so much at the auction as everyone says they do, I mean I get copper and peacebloom mostly, that's east to come by, why would it sell for a lot?.

I don't know why every one assumes that new players know what it suppossed to sell at the auction. I did read about the action but it doesn't tell you what sells, at least not in the gaming guide. I wanted to know how it worked, although I have never had a major interest in playing the stock market so to speak. Now I have to learn that, okay.

Even though you didn't say this I wanted to clear this up, my highest toon is level 30, I don't have 30 toons, I had ten until Pandara But I had to make a Panda for each side! Now I have twelve, and they average at level 22. Maybe I am not playing the game right, I thought it was just a game and there was no true right or wrong way to play it, but now a lot of people tell me I play it wrong.

Anyways, thank you for the very good advice on how to get a few coins! :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]