95 Gold Battle Pet Training LEVEL 5

57 Tauren Priest

What about the new player who is drawn to WoW, for the first time, because of the new pet battle system? You may have just lost them. You guys really need to stop being so cautious on how you roll out new features and need to stop worrying about confusing new players. You remember how this was the same argument for how much dual spec costs were initially?

Honestly if someone decided to play this game because of pet battles and quits because of the trivial amount of gold required to start then this community is better off without them.

but people who complain about having to level to raid are justified?
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
I've been annoyed with this as well. Lately I've been leveling a character on a completely new realm and I really wish I could collect pets to add to my overall collection. Oh well..It does make sense as to why Blizzard made the price what it is.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
This really shouldn't be an issue. You could ask a guildmate for the gold or better yet pick up a gathering profession and sell that stuff on the auction house. I haven't looked at the auction since launch but with all the new players and influx of a bazillion new Panda alts, the need is probably pretty high right now for low level mats. A couple of stacks of light leather will probably get you the cost of training.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
09/28/2012 05:37 AMPosted by Emiyo
This really shouldn't be an issue. You could ask a guildmate for the gold or better yet pick up a gathering profession and sell that stuff on the auction house. I haven't looked at the auction since launch but with all the new players and influx of a bazillion new Panda alts, the need is probably pretty high right now for low level mats. A couple of stacks of light leather will probably get you the cost of training.

Haha when was the last time you saw a random low lvl, low rank player ask for 100g and get it? Most of the time they are booted from the guild for begging for gold in gline.

I remember when I started, I think I had a few gold at lvl 5, if that. I was a pretty huge nub. I didnt know anything about an AH and even less confused how what I should put things up for, so I stayed away from it. Let alone anything about professions.

But this all depends what kind of new player they are. I have seen alot of "new" players asking for gold for hours in general/trade. No one gives them any, I personally wouldnt either, only cause people do this all day to make a killing, abuse the system so to speak.

They should just make it where you need to be lvl 60 or 70 if blizzard didnt want new players to do it. I cant see many people running around doing it on lowbie alts anyway.
Reply Quote
I haven't gone through all 7 pages, but hasn't anyone brought up the fact that you have to stad out there in the middle of the game world to battle and capture pets? It takes maybe 15 minutes to level a battle pet to the point where you need to go to a lvl 11-20 zone, then another 20-30 minutes until your pet is ready to take on battles in a lvl 20-25 zone....

Exactly how dow newbies at lvl 5 expect to even survive? If you want to start pet battlin', your best bet is to have a character with basic flying, so you can travel in teh air and quickly scan zones for pets. Trying to do it by running or on a land mount would be painfully slow.
Reply Quote
- Hearthstone
97 Tauren Paladin
09/27/2012 06:31 PMPosted by Hsun
The price is way too high!

The rent is too damn high!

Also, I completely understand not having 95g at level 5 on one toon, but to have 30 toons with less than 95g put together?! Now THAT is ridiculous. What do you do, literally throw away gold?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Considering the zones you need to travel to quickly become higher level for the "masters" you have to fight or the pets you need to capture/train, it makes sense that you would expect a more experienced (higher level) toon to have the 100gold to train with.

What purpose would serve a lvl 5 player trying to reach a master to battle if they are being aggro- mobbed when they reach the master to battle?

I doubt if new players would settle for using the "lowbie" pets in the lower level zones constantly for "PVP" pet battles. You need to use the right class pets for certain battles, and they simply are not available in low level zones.

Or would the OP be perfectly satisfied using rats/frogs/bunnies/spiders for every battle until they chose to level their characters?

I highly doubt it.

Most probably they would then complain they are being "forced" to level their toons for pet battles.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
09/28/2012 05:05 AMPosted by Hsun
Maybe I am not playing the game right, I thought it was just a game and there was no true right or wrong way to play it, but now a lot of people tell me I play it wrong.

Whichever way you choose to play the game is the correct way. It's a very personal choice indeed. What is fun for one is not necessarily fun for the next person. Enjoy yourself. Wow is not just about end game, it's about the journey you take to get there. Do everything in your own time and ignore people who tell you you're doing it 'wrong'. Have fun, that's all there is to it.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Monk
If you need gold that bad, sit in SW and beg for some.

My buddy just made over 1k gold in 3 hours begging in SW on his level 6 alt.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin

*Bonks Theldüren on the head*

Don't teach bad habits. On many servers it is frowned upon to sit and beg in major cities as people can think you are a gold farmer (on a possibly stolen account) trying to collect money trying to make up your daily quota. Alternatively they will think you're just too lazy to make your own money and refuse you anyway. Join a good leveling guild with friendly people and I'm sure you will get the help you need. Maybe not the entire amount, but at least some of it.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Monk

*Bonks Theldüren on the head*

Don't teach bad habits. On many servers it is frowned upon to sit and beg in major cities as people can think you are a gold farmer (on a possibly stolen account) trying to collect money trying to make up your daily quota. Alternatively they will think you're just too lazy to make your own money and refuse you anyway. Join a good leveling guild with friendly people and I'm sure you will get the help you need. Maybe not the entire amount, but at least some of it.

Why would the OP care what people think if they just want to go pet battle?

Fact of the matter is it works and if the OP wants gold, it is a viable avenue for it.

For every 5 people that are rude or simply tell you to go farm your own, you'll find at least 1 person who will give you 10,50, even 100 gold to be nice.
Reply Quote
57 Tauren Priest
Considering the zones you need to travel to quickly become higher level for the "masters" you have to fight or the pets you need to capture/train, it makes sense that you would expect a more experienced (higher level) toon to have the 100gold to train with.

What purpose would serve a lvl 5 player trying to reach a master to battle if they are being aggro- mobbed when they reach the master to battle?

I doubt if new players would settle for using the "lowbie" pets in the lower level zones constantly for "PVP" pet battles. You need to use the right class pets for certain battles, and they simply are not available in low level zones.

Or would the OP be perfectly satisfied using rats/frogs/bunnies/spiders for every battle until they chose to level their characters?

I highly doubt it.

Most probably they would then complain they are being "forced" to level their toons for pet battles.

hey i rolled with a rattata for a long time, in pokemon.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
"My 30+ Toons don't even have 95-gold all together! It's rediculous!"

yes that is ridiculous, maybe you should learn how to use professions, and learn to sell stuff to save money in order to get some gold.
95gold is 7 dailies.. go do some work
Reply Quote
91 Blood Elf Paladin
A 100g really isn't much. You can easily reach that amount well before you are L60 which can take all of a week if you are just starting out and playing casually.

If you play the ah right you can have that amount easily within a day even starting out with a few silver and some linen you have collected.

I suggest picking up skinning and another gathering profession. You will easily have over 100g in a day as long as you are throwing crap up as you roam around and quest.
Edited by Kabloosh on 9/28/2012 6:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
"My 30+ Toons don't even have 95-gold all together! It's rediculous!"

yes that is ridiculous, maybe you should learn how to use professions, and learn to sell stuff to save money in order to get some gold.
95gold is 7 dailies.. go do some work

His highest toon lvl is 30, he doesn't have 30+ toons.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
09/27/2012 08:46 PMPosted by Jackiepan
As complex as something that's fun and breaks up grinding or farming for cash? I think you are just thinking about the aspect of gold farming, for new players there's no way to run them off faster than to make them have to farm for a few hours to do something fun.

The game survived 8 yrs without battle pets because there was always 'something fun' to do. Its all still there.

Just quest, run mobs and don't buy stupid stuff. I don't do any AH from any character that I play and every one that is 85+ has 7k gold or more just sitting on them. That came from making sure I loot everything from every mob. Vendoring grey/white items. Vendoring soulbound items, cash from quest rewards etc.

Earlier this year I leveled a toon from 1-85 with no help from any other toon. He paid for all class and all profession training himself. I was able to buy most of the riding training just from what he earned by level 85 and a little bit after was able to buy one of the 5k riding training levels. And he's even sitting with 3k on him now after spending all that.

Gold is ridiculously easy to come by.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]