Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Guys ..it's simple.

We have to kill the batman.

why would u even do that? killing superman is so much easier
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
@Belle

You are delusional. We've yet to lose a player we wanted to keep, and most of the people that left were either kicked by me for asking "What is the greatest enchantment", using emotes in guild chat, using "lol" too many times, getting offended or because they had no discernible value is any capacity. I really don't think you know enough about this game to comprehend just how bad you and your guild members are. We have a strict policy of directing capslock rejects to monsters and the rubicon and it has been working well for us so far. Enjoy "leading" your super fun and very friendly social leveling guild.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Paja, ridiculous* and moot* and its *Intents and purposes.

Now you are no better than belle..except at this game.

You forgot to mention that "irregardless" is not a word; and that it's should have as opposed to "should of". There is also your own misuse of it's*. If you're going to correct people, please try not to fail. GG, Sir! GG!

On topic : Undermine was doomed the day of its inception as a server for new players back in the days of Vanilla. While guilds such as Lobster Farm, C O N Q U E S T, Hexed, Abyss, Members Only, Get Carried, Legends, and possibly a few baddies in CATA managed to down content before major nerfs/the end of a tier of content, the servers history of progression has always been one of 1-2 guilds dominating content (albiet not always on a relevant US/World timetable) while the rest of the server struggles to clear normal modes(strictly speaking of 25 mans). In the end, however, even those guilds eventually floundered and either converted to 10 mans or dissolved due to lack of interest; leaving the server once again destitute of a core of progression based players.

Now before I hear casuals and 10 mans troll this post saying 25 man raiding is not the only aspect of this game, let me admit that you are correct. Being a social game the vast majority of wow players will never progress in 25 mans at a noteworthy pace. However, if your aim is to rebuild the server with competent players, you need a large influx of x-fers. If you want an large influx of x-fers, your only options are 25 man raiding and PVP. Unfortunately PVP on BG10 is too well-established on Kel'Thuzad to be overturned; therefore you are left with PVE content.

Due to the aforementioned guild rivalries and the general stubbornness of baddies, successful guild mergers probably won't be possible for some time. You have to basically recruit in trade chat for a tier and cycle through baddies over and over before you find a core strong enough to finish a tier of heroic content before the following tier is released. Once you have cleared that one tier, you use the farm weeks to trim down the excess fat of players who don't carry their weight and replace them with the 1-2 x-fers at a time that might actually be interested. By the time the next tier of content comes out you should have 25-30 players competent enough to progress through current content on an actually relevant time table.

Once 2-3 guilds manage to do this as 25 mans (preferably with 5-6 guilds close behind) you'll notice that top performing players will actually be interested in moving to Undermine. With them they bring their experience, common sense and competitiveness; and these three attributes will: begin to rebuild the skill of the average player, slowly balance the AH prices, and encourage players already on the realm to perform better than normal to keep up.

Voila! Server fixed and it only took one-third of the expansion to do it. For what it's worth, I know this post is going to be trolled, and Vidas is going to tell me I'm wrong. You don't have to take this advice and actually start to matter as a server though. You're more than welcome to go back to complaining about broken economies and bragging about being x/16 normal mode on ten man. Keep wondering then why your server stays in the bottom 5% of servers in the world.
Edited by Sunny on 11/4/2012 1:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Someone make a quick summary of what is going on here, too lazy to read
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
11/04/2012 09:29 AMPosted by Abusives
Someone make a quick summary of what is going on here, too lazy to read

scumbags hate being on a bad server. people try to make themselves look good saying they're helping said bad server. other people troll first people and scumbags. pretty standard wow forum post.
Edited by Sunny on 11/4/2012 10:31 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
TLDR: More people from Off- servers post on these forums than actuall undermine people. Also I think somewhere Merryfeathers/Sated/otherdumbname posted that hes mad irl or something idk im not a doctor.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
11/04/2012 10:42 AMPosted by Steinuh
TLDR: More people from Off- servers post on these forums than actuall undermine people. Also I think somewhere Merryfeathers/Sated/otherdumbname posted that hes mad irl or something idk im not a doctor.

:-( steinuh i misses joo
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I Darthsizzle is better than Vidas
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
@Sunny

Most people are here for social reasons, to raid with their friends. Where as, yeah 25 mans are better for progression, they don't want to break up their cliques. Guilds on Alliance are just glorified cliques. There are maybe 60 competent people on my faction. It's not stubbornness.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
11/04/2012 10:30 AMPosted by Sunny
scumbags hate being on a bad server. people try to make themselves look good saying they're helping said bad server. other people troll first people and scumbags. pretty standard wow forum post.

11/04/2012 10:42 AMPosted by Steinuh

Thank you both.

ps. nice mog steiner
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
some limited responses:

to psychomagus: does it really bother you that much that people respond, on any specific timetable, to a month old call for discussion about guild to guild co-operation? Sorry, I was busy leveling toons for a month....get over it. We respond to "old post 'cuz we can. Feel free to find a fresher string to troll. I think you were just looking for an excuse to use the word "necro".

to xanaxer/xanacx: we might take you seriously if your toons weren't all named after prescription drugs. Take less, understand more. Point was: in all of undermine's raiding glory (?), we, a social lvling/guild that raids had the only "progression" kill last week, period.
" I am very confused by all your posts and their purpose." the purpose is to encourage co-operative play between guilds to better the server dumbazz.
This is your brain: O this is your brain on Xanax: o

to abusives: apparently enough people do read them to feel they have a well formed and eloquent response to share.

to ahurrha: your simply a troll, and therefore, your opinion of me is irrelevant to me.

to pajuh: please re-take your 7th grade English class. The correct usage of the bland anecdotal: "For all intensive purposes" is actually "For all intents and purposes". Your usage of punctuation is terrible, your grasp of English is worse. You should HAVE noticed. Not "You should OF noticed". Calling a "Moot point" irregardless is a double negative, and unnecessary. and "per say" is actually "per se".

You are as bad at contributing to a conversation about specific problems, and possible solutions, as you are at using (butchering, per se) the English language.
Please leave.

Xanacz, I hope you have more to contribute here in this "ancient month old thread", than simply trolling the troll Pajuh.
Edited by Belle on 11/5/2012 5:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Funny that someone as dumb and slow as myself can still make a guild more succesful and better than the guilds you have ruined. It's amazing that being so slow from all the benzo's we can still manage to kill bosses. Don't worry, hopefully my kidneys will shut down soon and i'll be dead, maybe they will vote you into the GM chair of On Cooldown. One can only hope.

Also Xanax is not a drug, its a brand name. Alprazolam is a drug. Cuz knowledge is power. Xanax also happens to be a palindrome. Maybe I like symmetry. I also have a warrior named racecar and considered calling my guild <Bar an Arab>.
Edited by Xanaxer on 11/5/2012 6:04 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
some limited responses:

to vidas: if you can't behave yourself, your back to my iggy list. If you insist on being a thorn in everyone's side, then you're back to being on the SERVERS iggy list. Here's an idea: find a new hobby, and learn to get along with people. It works. What you do, does not.

Your understanding of my understanding of this game is based on what exactly? I have been a player in this game, and guild building for 4 expacs. I raided in ICC on Undermine, raided in Cata on both earthen ring and undermine, organized several guilds, and organizations of guilds. Your claim to fame is you sit and troll and sometimes pvp. Your opinion of me, and my skills has very little experience to support any of your contentions. Now blow me. If you have something constructive to offer this thread, then by all means contribute, otherwise simply !@#$ and go back to being a baddie.

to sunny: I'm kind of confused; on one hand, I feel like thanking you for taking the time to post a decently organized and thought out contribution to the discussion. On the other hand I want to backhand you for de-evolving into a troll in your subsequent post. "Scumbags hate being on a bad server" .

We CHOOSE to play on Undermine. We don't hate being here, we hate the disruptive trash that also plays here, and are trying to make the server a lil better.

Why do some of you have such a problem with that?

k...so just to recap ..

approx 10% of the responses were viable opinions, supportive or otherwise relevant.
approx. 25% of the responses were simply stating harsh opinions about Undermine.
approx. 45% of the responses were simply trolling, for the sake of trolling.
approx. 20% of the responses supported killing either batman, superman or both.

ps: just a lil reminder: I'm 52, educated, and yes, I play video games. I have socks older than most of you. I'm focusing some of my free time on exploring a dialog with intelligent people, about common challenges, please don't waste my time with non-sense. If you have something positive to contribute to the discussion, then please do, otherwise simply %^-* and go waste your own time somewhere else. If you don't have something good to say, please follow your grandmothers sage advise, and !@#$.

Although there have been a grand total of 4 thoughtful contributions to this "old" (1 month, really?) thread, yet again, I'm losing faith, that there's much in the order of intelligent life on Undermine.

Someone else please prove me wrong.

Belle
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
xanax: you don't know me, you don't know the guilds I have been a part of , you don't know what my focuses are in game, and what parts of the game I enjoy. Your opinion of "what guilds I've ruined" is completely irrelevant to this thread, and is simply trolling, not related to any knowledge or experience you may or may not have had in interacting with me.

Trying to look smart by looking up irrelevant facts about drugs/trade names/products on google won't impress anyone.

I don't have a problem with On Cooldown...not yet anyway..Why are you trying to provoke me into having one?

Get back to point or simply s t f u.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
some limited responses:

to xanaxer/xanacx: we might take you seriously if your toons weren't all named after prescription drugs. Take less, understand more. Point was: in all of undermine's raiding glory (?), we, a social lvling/guild that raids had the only "progression" kill last week, period.
" I am very confused by all your posts and their purpose." the purpose is to encourage co-operative play between guilds to better the server dumbazz.
This is your brain: O this is your brain on Xanax: o

11/05/2012 06:13 AMPosted by Belle
xanax: you don't know me, you don't know the guilds I have been a part of , you don't know what my focuses are in game, and what parts of the game I enjoy. Your opinion of "what guilds I've ruined" is completely irrelevant to this thread, and is simply trolling, not related to any knowledge or experience you may or may not have had in interacting with me.

Quite the hypocrite aren't we. You don't like it when people presume or form opinions about you based on their limited knowledge of you?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
some limited responses:

to ahurrha: your simply a troll, and therefore, your opinion of me is irrelevant to me.

to pajuh: please re-take your 7th grade English class. The correct usage of the bland anecdotal: "For all intensive purposes" is actually "For all intents and purposes". Your usage of punctuation is terrible, your grasp of English is worse. You should HAVE noticed. Not "You should OF noticed". Calling a "Moot point" irregardless is a double negative, and unnecessary. and "per say" is actually "per se".
a

YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE

and thanks for falling for my troll.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
i based my response on your inability to focus on the subject of the thread.
ps: You're still unable to focus on the subject of the thread.
gj
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
ahhh...your (!) so cleaver, yet you, in turn, fell for my secretly planted erroneous version of the word "you're".

game...set..match.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]