Having trouble downloading WoW on new comp

I recently bought a new computer (Toshiba Qosmio 870) it should not have any trouble running WoW and all being that its a nice gaming comp with plenty of ram + vid card and all that. I have downloaded all the expansions via disc (Vanilla BC Wrath Cata) but now i'm getting various problems trying to get the last portion, like the updated tools loading bar giving me a prompt then crashing out of nowhere and the optimizer never going past 0%. I read somewhere to download the cata game client to help bypass this so I did, not realizing it was a 20GB download reliant on my internet connection which is absoloutely awful (130kbps max). Any tips on what to do. Like really, anything at all, I don't want to deal with having to spend another 14hrs re-installing all the expansions. <br/>If you have any tips or words of wisdom please, I'm really tired of the trawling through blue posts that only have solutions to only the problems that don't apply.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
step away from the computer.
let it download 14 hours. reinstall.
go out see a movie.
get some coldstones.

go take a walk in the park with a special girl. or guy if thats your thing.
relax, love life and breathe fresh air.

wow will be there in 14 hours when you get back. then you can brew in your chair 18 hours a day back to having no life whatsoever trying to lvl grind and gear up.

;)

mileycyrus best rogue world
Reply Quote
If you just got a new computer and want a faster way than downloading or CDs. All you need is a USB flash drive above 32GB. Plug it in the old computer it'll pop up a window, drag the file from Programs labeled World of Warcraft into the new window. It will transfer everything to the flash drive. Plug the flash drive into the new computer, drag the folder to the desktop, transfer the desktop folder to the program files, by the way doing it this way will transfer all updates and you can instantly go on online and play when your done.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]