I usually found it best to use FoF when you have around 25% energy, Energizing Brew having a cooldown of 5 seconds or more, RSK having a cooldown of 5 seconds or more, and you and/or the boss will not move for the duration of the channel.
Also to the Crit vs. Haste debate. You don't want to stack Crit in this tier of gear. If you've paid attention to Windwalker Monks on boss fights for DPS and my guild's progression...I have a good idea on how to play this class a little more efficiently.
Also the gemming and talent section needs to be updated, I recommend taking a look at my talents and gems for socket colors. Yes, Ascension out-performs Power Strikes. Additionally, the rotation section needs to updated as follows:Single Target
1. Tiger Power
2. Rising Sun Kick
3. Blackout Kick (Mastery Proc)
4. Blackout Kick
5. Tiger Palm (Mastery Proc)
6. Tiger Palm
7. Jab/Expel Harm/Fists of Fury (read requirements above)AoE
(3 or more)
1. Flying Serpent Kick
2. Jab/Expel Harm
3. Tiger Power
4. Jab/Expel Harm
5. Rising Sun Kick
6. Jab/Expel Harm
7. Fists of Fury
8. Spinning Crane Kick (repeat until you need to use RSK/FoF/FSK or when you need to refresh TP)
Also note on the AoE rotation that you always use your mastery procs before using Jab/Expel Harm.Cooldowns
1. Invoke Xuen, the White Tiger (at the start and ASAP after)
2. Tigereye Brew x 10 (ASAP)
3. Energizing Brew (Trailing around 25% energy with a slow regeneration rate at present time)
4. Touch of Karma (whenever inevitable huge damage is going to occur either to yourself or the entire raid, Garalon crushing on Heroic, etc. - Glyphing for this is recommended as a range cast vs. melee cast on an excellect survival/reflect ability is always awesome?)
5. Touch of Death (anything that you can get this off on, do it...be sure to glyph for it though so it doesn't burn any Chi)
6. Diffuse Magic (When incoming magic damage is moderate to severe)
7. Zen Meditation (The only fight I've used this on is Heroic Will of the Emperor in MSV, also glyphed so you can move around and soak sparks)
8. Fortifying Brew (read tooltip and wipe drool off chin)Stat Weights
Weapon DPS = 5.2 or 520
Hit Rating = 3.5 or 350 (Goal is 2550 and the weight after that is 0)
Agility = 3 or 300
Expertise Rating = 2.75 or 275 (Goal is 2550 and the weight after that is 0)
Haste Rating = 1.6 or 160
Critical Strike Rating = 1.3 or 130
Mastery Rating = 0.75 or 75Qifa the Great © 2013 Pro Tips
- Use ReforgeLite, and Pawn. (Stat weights can be used above)
- Configure your Boss warning add-on to warn you/show information that is relevant to you and only you
- Use CLCInfo (with the Monk plugin set to the rotation mentioned above)
- To calculate how valuable trinkets are, let's do an example:Terror in the Mists
- 1300 (Static Agility gain) * 3 (Weight per 1 Agility) = 3900
- 7796 (Critical Strike Rating gain) * 1.3 (Weight per 1 Critical Strike Rating) = 10134.8
- 3900 + 10134.8 = 14034.8 Total
You can now do this with any trinket to rate it's value to you.
Attack Power and Strength are valuable (albeit on the bottom of the list) but I honestly would just forget about using anything with those 2 stats on it.
Oh and to the OP, see if you can change it to 5.1 ;)
Has it been mentioned that you can build up chi outside of fights with expel harm?
It will come off cooldown when you still have one chi generated from the last use, so you can use it during downtime to stay at max chi.
Sorry if it has been said, I didn't read through every page here, but I thought it was a handy thing to know.
Yes but it's honestly not even worth it.