Arena 3v3

70 Blood Elf Rogue
Is it me or since Wrath has player vs player skill dropped? I remembered TBC PvP being a lot more skilled than it is now.

When does the season start? Is Mage, Priest, Rogue still the most stacked classes for a 3v3? What spec's would we use now? Fury is becoming better for PvP than arms again?! TBC .. What would you guy's all consider.. hm an "Insane" Arena team rating? What class takes the most skill to PvP with? ... Why are monk's so garbage.. Or is that just until they're 90? .. And then some random throughts of mine you can feel free to comment about.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
Is it me or since Wrath has player vs player skill dropped? I remembered TBC PvP being a lot more skilled than it is now.

When does the season start? Is Mage, Priest, Rogue still the most stacked classes for a 3v3? What spec's would we use now? Fury is becoming better for PvP than arms again?! TBC .. What would you guy's all consider.. hm an "Insane" Arena team rating? What class takes the most skill to PvP with? ... Why are monk's so garbage.. Or is that just until they're 90? .. And then some random throughts of mine you can feel free to comment about.

Uh...... its clear you see things differently than most people do. With all due respect the average player skill in arenas has grown exponentially since BC. I am just a challenger at best. If I were to go back in time to season 1 with what I know nowdays... I would be at the very least a duelist if not make a push for gladiator. The playerbase has come a very long way since then.
Edited by Sabrinakyle on 9/26/2012 11:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage

Haha, good joke

Love watching those old videos of keyturning backpedaling warriors with gladiator titles
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

Haha, good joke

Love watching those old videos of keyturning backpedaling warriors with gladiator titles

The skill difference was so much larger. There was no arena junkies for most of BC. There was not a way to look up everything about how to become a good arena player, you basically just had to play and get good. Macros, LOS, movement, and min maxing were all big factors in how good you were. You didn't just have to be great at your class, you had to be great at the game, meaning a 1500 player was RIDICULOUSLY worse than a 2200 player in BC (how it should be). These days, a 1500 player is not *that* much worse than a 2200 player, they know how to LOS, how to juke a little, etc.

Also, in BC there was much less abilities, meaning that mistakes were much more costly. If you !@#$ed up, you probably lost. Now, you have TONS of abilities and cooldowns so that if you mess up, while it still sucks, you can still survive a while longer relying on alternate CDs.
Reply Quote
most of those BC players are still playing.

do you suppose they haven't gotten better in 5 years??
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage

We all have....

Today's glads would win blizzcon during TBC times.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight
Haha, good joke

^^

I never took pvp seriously but i can tell you back in bc i would never lose a game with my aff lock playing with a holy pally friend.

and yeah, back then I was keyturning and backpedaling.

I've been playing since vanilla and i can guarantee that all fond memories are for pure nostalgia.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
A lot of TBC glads can't get Gladiator today.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
09/26/2012 03:12 PMPosted by Soupdujour
A lot of TBC glads can't get Gladiator today.

There are a lot less glad spots to be fair. I think we had less challengers from season 11 than we had duelists from BC times....
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
Very true, but it's really a testament to the Glad players now. The competition at the top is still very competitive, less teams = less spots. Also, with all the cheating/trading that went on s9, s10, s11 legit Gladiator is probably around 0.3 percent.
Edited by Soupdujour on 9/26/2012 3:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

We all have....

Today's glads would win blizzcon during TBC times.

Except that it doesn't work that way. It's like saying you're brighter than Einstein because you knew e=mc^2 without even trying to do the math proof. Practice makes perfect, but it doesn't make you the best. To be a gladiator, you need to be ahead of your time. The average TBC Glad of S3-4 would still destroy the average 1800 Cata player. Even if the 1800 Cata player might surprise him with neat moves acquired with time/experience/copy-cat, the Glad would adapt and learn twice as fast, effectively getting his edge back.

I personally know a S4 SL/SL Rank 1 Glad (pretty much as cheesy as you can get) that quit the game before S5 began and came back for S9. He got 2200ish & Duelist in S9 on a dead server, transferred and grabbed Rank 1 S10.

Sure there are tons of low-ball TBC Glads that can't break 2200 today, but the best Glads - the ones that really pushed the limit - still have the potential for top level at any game.
Edited by Billgatez on 9/27/2012 3:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
09/26/2012 03:53 PMPosted by Soupdujour
Very true, but it's really a testament to the Glad players now. The competition at the top is still very competitive, less teams = less spots. Also, with all the cheating/trading that went on s9, s10, s11 legit Gladiator is probably around 0.3 percent.

With all the players grabbing Glad on multiple chars (main & alts) as well as on carry characters, I would think that at least 50% of Glads char are actually 10% of the players capable of playing at a Glad level. In other words, every (past and present) rank 1 glad player probably takes around 5 glad spots by himself.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
09/26/2012 10:39 AMPosted by Insaníty
Too many god damn questions.
Reply Quote
37 Undead Warlock
FMP would be much more viable now with symbiosis and what not over rogues
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]