What's the big problem with shamans?

90 Orc Shaman
So far with MoP, I'm having tons of fun with this toon. People have complained a lot about the changes to this class. I love it! Passive buffs are given to party members, and now totems are for specific situations. I don't see what the problem is. Plus, with Echo of the Elements and stacking mastery; I'm dishing out major damage. Bit more so than my mage!

How does everyone else feel about their shamans in MoP so far?
Edited by Stormrise on 9/26/2012 12:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
PS: Anyone tried out Pandaren shamans yet? Any good?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
I'm loking mine so far i've almost hit 87 run a bunch of dungeons as a healer and as elemental i don't find my personal elemental damage is good but one in our guild does really good dps in the 50K+ range which was better than any other person we had in there despite there er ma gerd elmentals are 11th on some dumb list.

I know the 87+ dungeons will kick it up a notch so i'll need to do those and find out I think most people are saying shamans are fine healing wise just don't have great mana longevitiy

dps wise I think they will be fine it's more about the person than the class if all else was equal and every person in the raid was top 1%ers in wow than yes the shaman class might not shine as much but for regular joes like yourself and I they will be aweosome characters to play I too am really enjoying the new totem changes

despite what all the others are complaining about
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
The problem isn't the class, it is the emo crowd that plays it.

Shamans are fine now. They were fine in Cata and BC. They will be fine in the next expansion... regarless of what the pretend-Vampire/Stretchy-Earlobe/Think-they-are-marilyn-manson slackers think.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
I think Elemental is going to really depend on how MoP boss encounters go. I've only done the first two instances, but it seems like MoP dungeons are really pushing for little tank/spank type of encounters. Most of the bosses from those two instances required some sort of movement. If the other dungeons and the raids are the same way with a lot of movement, Ele will probably be in a good place.

But like I said, I'm judging this completely based on those two dungeons. I can't really comment too much until I actually have more time to play.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Loooooool. There have always been problems and always will be problems with the class, and saying that the problem is "emo" people that play Shaman just makes you look like a douchebag yo.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Most of the problems people have stem from PvP concerns.
Enhance could use some tweaks to their mobility and Elemental could use some help in the survivability department.
I know a lot of Resto Shaman that felt like they had mana regen issues on beta, not sure if that has changed any since then. Also, lack of a single target cooldown and spread healing issues in 10m (specifically in regards to Chain Heal and Glyph of Chaining).
There are also a couple issues in our talent system where there are talents that are considered "worst" for all 3 specs.
Also, our glyphs could use some work (too many "mandatory" yet boring majors and not very many interesting minors).
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
The people complaining about the totem bar removal weren't using it correctly in the first place.

Other than that, the post above me sums it up nicely. PvP wise we don't have much defense until you start getting creative with totems.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
The people complaining about the totem bar removal weren't using it correctly in the first place.

Other than that, the post above me sums it up nicely. PvP wise we don't have much defense until you start getting creative with totems.

I'm more PvE than anything else. But it's good to know if I try PvP in the future. As for the Pandaren shaman question I posted earlier, yeah. I figured it out :p They're very cool :)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
09/26/2012 11:49 PMPosted by Vekter

?

Shamans are amazing in pvp. Ele, Resto, are awesome, Enh, is meh, but i will always believe that is because we are truly not a melee class.

Shamans are the next best kiting class to hunters. Yeah, if you try to fight while just standing around, your gonna get facerolled. But if you truly know how to kite, your almost untouchable in pvp.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
The problem isn't the class, it is the emo crowd that plays it.

Shamans are fine now. They were fine in Cata and BC. They will be fine in the next expansion... regarless of what the pretend-Vampire/Stretchy-Earlobe/Think-they-are-marilyn-manson slackers think.

Isn't that a bit much?
Reply Quote
38 Pandaren Shaman
This is the only class I can play moderately well. And it's helped me play other classes as well. Plus what's cooler than a Shaman? Speaking from a subjective perspective of course. No problems at all. Wish I had some cooler weapons though...

Also Pandaren dual-weilding animations are the shiznite! 1-2 step upside yo head with a LL, son. What!?
Reply Quote
86 Goblin Shaman
Hm. I haven't heard any particularly severe complaints as of late. My problems concern trivialities like the aesthetics of ghost wolf form and ascendance. I rather be in caster form all the time if I could be, but meh. Not a viable option.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Casual ele shaman here and definitly not an expert but I am noticing a marked overall difference in leveling. Mobs of NPC's that were a nightmare for my ele shaman to burn down are like baby seals on the DK, Hunter, and Boomkin im working on now. Questing is so much easier on other chars. After reaching lvl 90 and better gear things seemed to balance out. I can hear the "your doing it wrong" comments coming but just sayin. My opinion is that the developers have some tweaking work to do still.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
No real issues so far. I've mainly got heroic dungeon experience and Galleon/Sha of Anger experience, but aside from a couple of heroic dungeon bosses that drive me nuts (Xin, Taran Zhu), things are going great both for my Resto spec and my Ele DPS spec. I'm hoping to jump into a 10-man normal PUG MV tonight or soon after while the rest of my guild catches up, hopefully I'm still decent now as I was when I started raiding in Cata.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]