Coren Direbrew encounter - Barreled on tank?

90 Night Elf Druid
Just wondering here, since I don't remember getting this before, but Coren (or one of his adds) appears to use an ability with a debuff called "Barreled" that disorients for 8 seconds or so. I've been tagged with it 2-4 times per fight as the tank, and it just doesn't seem like that's how it's supposed to go.

Is the tank supposed to be getting hit with this, or is it supposed to be heals & dps that gets it?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Pretty much the same thing is happening to myself. kept getting chain stunned for a good 20 or so seconds *duration is only 8*
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
This happened last year as well. I and if I remember right the year before. I think it is working as intended. (Not sure about the duration though that might be a bug)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
We encountered this today as well.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
Also had this happen twice in my run today. Previous times if I remember right it wasn't supposed to happen to the tank.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I experienced this as well and assumed its a bug since this never happened to me before. Hopefully, this patch will fix the issue. I hate wiping the groups because my face is stuck in a barrel and cant get any aggro.

Perhaps its a sign i should stop drinking...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
One of the adds that spawns throws you a brew of some sort. If you don't drink it by the time she throws you another (within about 8 seconds or so, I think) then you get the barreled debuff.

Although when I did it earlier I couldn't find the brew in my inventory, although it is a mess.
Edited by Zulu on 9/28/2012 10:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
One of the adds that spawns throws you a brew of some sort. If you don't drink it by the time she throws you another (within about 8 seconds or so, I think) then you get the barreled debuff.

Although when I did it earlier I couldn't find the brew in my inventory, although it is a mess.

Had my bags open the whole time to where the brew would land since I remember that happening and one never appeared in my bags.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin

I had 2 bag slots open that I was watching like a hawk. Not once did the brew appear before I was barreled. I also made a macro that would use the brew and I continuously clicked on it during the encounter, but that did not work either.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Agreed, I hardly ever see dps get it and only tanks, I rolled as dps & the tank got it all 3 - 4 times.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
The brew is a different mechanic completely. I thought it was the same thing at first too, but I got barreled, then the dwarf tossed me a brew too and I got stunned forever D:
Edited by Volker on 9/28/2012 6:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
It used to be the same mechanic, but its bugged. The 7 second debuff gets refreshed constantly, i got to watch my whole party (including myself) die repeatedly while i was barreled
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I got kicked from a random group because I was chain-barreled and wasn't tanking anything which caused a wipe. No amount of explaining helped, people are hopeless.

Got my trinket on the next run, though :)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I have been having this problem as well and have been able to complete it twice and the one time the tank trinket dropped for me a DPS DK won it. It wouldn't be a big issue if the bug was fixed and I could keep q'ing as a tank.
Edited by Steelmane on 9/29/2012 1:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
The BARRELED debuff is random. The STUN is from not drinking the mugs that get thrown at you. Two different things.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
09/30/2012 03:27 PMPosted by Misslexia
The BARRELED debuff is random. The STUN is from not drinking the mugs that get thrown at you. Two different things.

So random that as tank i get it 95% of the time, ive only seen it hit a dps once.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
The debuff is being refreshed every time Ursula Direbrew or whatever her name is throws another barrel on you.

The problem is that she will very often throw 6-7 barrels in a row on the tank, which has happened to me MANY times.

This is not the same thing as the brewmaiden's brew, no. I cannot imagine that this type of "crowd control" is working as intended as, unless the group can rush to DPS Coren down, it's typically a wipe as soon as she starts throwing barrels.

Also, if you kill her, she immediately respawns.
Edited by Destian on 10/13/2012 8:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I've been trying to figure out why this fight has seemed so different this year compared to past years -- I've been chalking it up to the fact that in past years usually people could just steamroll through Coren before adds even really start appearing, and that this time the fight was re-tuned.

I don't know, whether it's intended for the tank to get disoriented or not, it's really just a bad boss mechanic to disorient the tank.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]