Potions of Luck

90 Undead Death Knight
Is it just me or does anyone else think that the mats required to make this are a bit high?

3 Golden Lotus to make 1 potion that only last an hour?

i understand that the potion is great for farming and i use them but i am just curious as to why the mats to make them are so high. These potions are eating through my Spirits of Harmony at this rate i am gonna end up using all of my spirits to make these potions.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
If you can get 1 spirit of harmony + drops from one potion of luck, you've made profit. if not, you lost profit.

Pretty simple. Though the bags could use a bit higher droprate.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
If you can get 1 spirit of harmony + drops from one potion of luck, you've made profit. if not, you lost profit.

Pretty simple. Though the bags could use a bit higher droprate.

Basically this.
I was farming up some windwool cloth and figured i'd use the potion of luck. Spent 1800g on making it (golden lotus at 600 ea) and went as hardcore farming mode as possible.
Got about 10 chest drops, no motes of harmony, 2 stacks of cloth, 14 white/dark ore or whatever.
500 cloth an hour without the potion, about 540 with. Unless my RNG was wayyyy low, it's not really worth the cost till those golden lotus' come down in price.
Reply Quote
potion of luck is a total ripoff. granted, i only spent time farming the lotuses with my herbist, but i farmed the full hour and got 3 chests, 6 or so motes, and about 5 trash greens.

crazy to think that i could have gotten at least 800g by selling the lotuses or selling the pot to some unsuspecting soul.
Reply Quote
make it require about 4-5 herb's with various amount's. that worked fine for cata. the lotus system doesn't exactly work maybe for flask's though.
Edited by Gistene on 10/1/2012 8:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
If it made lotus easier to find for an hour and you could recoop that would be alright, but I agree with everyone here - cost > reward.

On a side note...I'm making a killing selling my lotus and living steel ;)
Reply Quote
weird every time i use the potion of luck and farm for an hour i seem to get well over 20 motes = 2+ spirits along with a boe blue drop every time not to mention countless greens totaling over 150G in vendor value.... maybe you guys are not farming the right spots....
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
You Aren't kidding when i farm with the potion of luck i end up with about 2.8k in stuff in a hour
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
88904009533:
You Aren't kidding when i farm with the potion of luck i end up with about 2.8k in stuff in a hour

Well, yeah 7 months later the economy and amount people spend on your stuff is more.

Thread necro is bad, ne?

(But thanks for the reminder to feed these potions on my leveling chars).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]