New-Old Player Needs Helps

80 Human Warrior
I'm not exactly a new player, but I haven't played WoW in over 18 months and a LOT has changed. For example, I last left my main, Jeriden here, in the sunken boat in vash'jir after accepting one of the first Cata quests and when I try to go and do those quests, I get my butt kicked by eels. EELS! Am I doing something wrong, do I need to re-spec, buy stuff, what?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
You are an arms warrior with a 1 handed weapon and a shield. Even back 18 months ago you would have had trouble in that getup. You also have a lot of dodge & parry on your items. As an arms warrior, you don't have the abilities to make full use of dodge & parry's mitigation benefits. You're essentially a gimped DPS in half tank gear AND a gimped tank spec'd as DPS, at the same time.

Get yourself some DPS plate (Strength, stamina, hit, crit, haste, expertise, mastery) and a 2-handed sword/axe/mace with those stats and you'll do much better.

Note that there's a HUGE stat gap between WotLK greens/blues and Cata starter greens, enough so that the first few quests (even with the correct gear) will be quite painful until you earn the first few quest rewards.
Edited by Avanna on 9/25/2012 5:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I'd suggest heading to Mount Hyjal for a while, at least long enough to get some gear upgrades so stuff won't kill you as fast. Vash is kinda bad about things being in any direction at any time, making attacks harder to avoid. Might check the AH, but the 77-80 Cata greens are usually more expensive so you might not find anything affordable for a faster upgrade.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
If you're having trouble surviving then perhaps go prot unil you get some of the ilvl 272+ stuff from cata quests. When you get better gear and can kill mobs in vashj'ir or mt. hyjal without dying then go back to your dps spec.

Afaik, the spec-specific or class-specific quest rewards are in Pandaria only, right? I'm hoping he wouldn't have to worry about switching specs if he wanted to gear his second spec in Cata content.
Reply Quote
80 Human Warrior
Oh, the weapons are just 'cause I was messing with my equipment from all those months ago.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
09/26/2012 02:03 PMPosted by Jeriden
Oh, the weapons are just 'cause I was messing with my equipment from all those months ago.

Regardless of why you're equipment is not right for your spec, it's still going to cause problems if you try to quest in that getup while spec'd as arms.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]