Sea turtle from Pandaria pools?

(Locked)

100 Undead Warrior
Does anyone know if you can catch the sea turtle mount from Pandaria fishing pools?

The achievement still only mentions Cata and Northrend zones last I checked but I really hope we don't have to keep fishing in old zones once that stupid herring finally drops.
90 Blood Elf Priest
I'd like to know as well.
90 Night Elf Druid
From El's Extreme Anglin' - World of Warcraft Fishing Guide
( http://www.elsanglin.com/mop_essentials.html )

Instead of one ultra-low odds rare catch (like the Sea Turtle), anglers can catch rare fish which slowly work towards a special reward.

I hope that she is misinformed because one of the biggest perks of fishing for me was that I might catch the turtle mount... :(
90 Pandaren Hunter
Turtle mount is in northrend only :P
90 Night Elf Druid
Ok, I spoke to soon... El's Fishing site now says that it is reported that the mount might be caught from Pandaria pools...

Also, the turtle mount can be caught outside of Northrend. It can be caught from any pool in Northrend and Cataclysm-level pools.
90 Pandaren Mage
I got my turtle mount from an Emperor salmon pool in pandaria, so I can confirm that they do indeed come from pandaria pools as well.
90 Blood Elf Priest
09/30/2012 03:01 PMPosted by Nyanya
I got my turtle mount from an Emperor salmon pool in pandaria, so I can confirm that they do indeed come from pandaria pools as well.

Woohoo! I got mine right before the patch hit, but good luck to everyone else!

The rare fish you get are quest items you turn into Pat Nagle for rep with him.
Edited by Feythylan on 9/30/2012 3:29 PM PDT
100 Undead Warlock
I can confirm this. A friend caught the sea turtle yesterday in pandaland.
90 Undead Warlock
Good to know! I was wondering the same thing. Thanks for the info!
90 Human Warrior
I caught my turtle mount about a year ago, from fishing Guppy pools in Twilight Highlands. So. Many. Casts. >:(
90 Night Elf Hunter
09/28/2012 10:16 PMPosted by Kirahunter
Turtle mount is in northrend only :P

I got mine my 21st cast into a cata pool, soon after starting the cata expansion.

This was after previous camping it in Northrend, in hundreds of pools. Lols!
90 Night Elf Druid
I got my very first Sea Turtle from a Pandaria pool and actually submitted a suggestion to Blizz to have the tooltip for the Achiev changed.
100 Tauren Hunter
I was just looking for a thread with this answer! I still haven't caught a turtle! Just gonna keep fishing away till I get one!
90 Undead Mage
got mine a few hours ago
Edited by Bubblebean on 10/1/2012 9:52 AM PDT
100 Human Paladin
aus
Yes finally from a pool in dread wastes, 12000+ fish caught:(
90 Blood Elf Warrior
yay, someone else calls it pandaland :P
91 Draenei Shaman
I have a friend that caught the turtle mount in Pandaria as well.
90 Human Paladin
Currently going at these fish pretty hard. Been on and off trying to fish up a turtle for the last 3 years. Fishing up at least 300 fish a day, no luck.
90 Tauren Hunter
I have a friend that caught the turtle mount in Pandaria as well.

When the thread is almost a year old, and has been noted several times within that yes, you can fish up the turtle in Pandaria, why would you feel the need to necro a long dead thread just to add something that has already been well proven....
100 Blood Elf Warlock
Necroing is frowned upon. It's far better to make a new topic.

If it helps, I finally caught mine while fishing for Jewel Danio in the pools next to the Shrine. Loremaster Cho was likely smiling down upon me that day.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]