Strong Pet Trap?

90 Worgen Warlock
So I just got the achieve for catching 50 pets in battle, which is supposed to reward you with what I assume to be an upgraded trap? But the tooltip doesn't seem to indicate anything and, although I can't say I was paying particular attention to before and after, but the animations and graphics all seem the same. Is it bugged? Anybody else notice nothing, or am I just crazy?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
The tooltip doesn't change. Allegedly your traps get better, but there's no real way to prove it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Pretty sure it's bugged. Saw a blue post that said it's supposed to update the tooltip and graphic.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Been a bug since Pet Battles came out in beta.... :(
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
Good to know that it's a bug and not intended to be the same as the first trap we get. I was wandering about this my self. Thanks for letting me know.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
This is still an issue, i never received my strong traps either.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
they seem to have taken the reward out of the achievement with their hotfix instead of fixing it..
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
I was wondering that. Just got to 90 a bit ago and went to do pet battles next, but couldn't remember where this reward came from, nor find it listed in the achieves.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
So are we boned or what?
Reply Quote
88 Night Elf Hunter
Yeah, it's bugged. The new "stronger trap" is supposed to look like this:

http://tinyurl.com/yohr5d
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
Yeah, it's bugged. The new "stronger trap" is supposed to look like this:

http://tinyurl.com/yohr5d

Image doesn't work. Are you able to upload another one?
Reply Quote
44 Orc Warrior
Still don't have mine :-(
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight

Image doesn't work. Are you able to upload another one?
It's a picture of a pokeball, he's trying to be funny.

Oh ok. Because it wasn't even showing a pokeball. It was showing a cross with the words No Leech on it.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
Does anyone know what the strond trap is supposed to look like? and the stronger trap? I hope it's not this small wooden thing I've been using to catch dragons, minfernals and onyxias brood with.

We need something with metal, and rivets, and perhaps a line of MnM's leading up to it.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
I also blew through the capture quests; finished Going to Need More Traps on the first day, and got to Zen Pet Hunter on 10/1/2012. Never got a single trap upgrade. (My tool tip still says +20% per failed attempt)

My buddy, who went at a moderate pace, just finished Going to Need More Traps today, and got the Strong Trap (+25% per attempt). So it seems like they intended us to have the upgrades, but that it was bugged until recently.

Blizz... please let us know how to enable this upgrade... it's getting really hard to trap the higher lvl pets with the old starter trap!

-Delwynnor
Edited by Delwynnor on 10/3/2012 11:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
92 Orc Warrior
Bump for this. Trying to catch lvl 24s is almost impossible when the starter trap misses 6 or 7 times. Especially against spiders and frogs when they keep healing as it gives them plenty of time to eat through your roster.
Reply Quote
33 Troll Warrior
10/04/2012 02:21 AMPosted by Piechart
Bump for this. Trying to catch lvl 24s is almost impossible when the starter trap misses 6 or 7 times. Especially against spiders and frogs when they keep healing as it gives them plenty of time to eat through your roster.

Yes, it is incredibly frustrating.

However, I have found my little sporling humanoid pet (a rare) was able to solo pretty much all of the lvl 23-24 mobs I've come across so far. It still sucks to have the trap fail so often, but that lil guy has enough healing spells to both burn down and out heal most any critter.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I wonder if this bug is somehow related to my pets not showing up in armory?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]