Strong Pet Trap?

85 Worgen Priest
I still have the beginner trap, first got the achieve on this toon ~1 week ago.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
10/08/2012 11:27 AMPosted by Bashiok
We applied a hotfix to attempt to resolve issues of not properly receiving the upgraded Strong and Pristine traps. Please let us know if you're still having the issue, what character and realm is seeing the issue, and once you received the achievement, did your trap art, tooltip or icon change to reflect an upgraded trap?

I am still having the issue. I still have the old trap graphic, although I got the achievement "Going to need more traps" for the Strong trap on 9/27/12. I still have the same old trap icon, which says "Trap," so the tool tip did not change, and sometimes it takes 6-7 traps to capture a new pet, and I've had my whole team die trying to capture a few times :-/

Nancee, Goblin Shaman on Silvermoon Horde.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Shaman
I got the catch 50 pet achievement on 9/27 as well, and have since then got the achievement for catching 200 pets and my trap tooltip has never updated, I still have the starter trap.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
We applied a hotfix to attempt to resolve issues of not properly receiving the upgraded Strong and Pristine traps. Please let us know if you're still having the issue, what character and realm is seeing the issue, and once you received the achievement, did your trap art, tooltip or icon change to reflect an upgraded trap?

Hudax, Alleria (although none of my toons have an upgraded trap)

Art, tooltip and icon did not change. Have 200 traps achievement and 50 rares achievement, not sure which is supposed to trigger this but neither did.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Snoogie of Earthen Ring, still no strong traps!
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I still have the crappy starter trap - ITS ANNOYING
Edited by Nightsbane on 10/9/2012 11:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Ritz, Azjol-Nerub. I have the one to catch 50 pets (didn't get the trap) and I'm getting really close to the 200 one.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
:( i guess there is no fix for the pet trap , it is very very very annoying to miss miss miss miss all the time , i will have to deal with it i guess :(
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
I didn't get an updated pet trap either (this character). I already had the achievement (Going to Need More Traps) pretty much the first day of the expansion.
Reply Quote
82 Blood Elf Death Knight
I have toons on Khaz'goroth, Caelestrasz and Saurfang and none have the strong trap yet. I got the achievement on day 2 of the expansion.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
Myrranda, Lothar, still seeing the same old trap and received the achievement before the hotfix was applied.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
Still seeing the old trap on all of my toons on Norgannon server--the main one being Xiae.

Trap icon is the same, capture chance is 20%, nothing has changed.

Achievement was earned sometime before Oct 4th.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Issue still not resolved, but I dont think i even need the trap anymore =(
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock

Still having the issue.

Fists on Nathrezim is one affected, but he also bugged with the "Pet Battle Training" unlearned issue. Whether these two have any connection is beyond me. I haven't checked other characters.
Reply Quote
65 Goblin Warlock
Still no Strong Pet Trap! Art, tooltip and animation are still the old version. I earned the acheivement on day 1 of the expansion. Please help!
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Death Knight
Issue still not resolved after Tuesday maintenance.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Realm: Boulderfist
Character: Indimi level 90 Druid
Art/tooltip: both entry level

Over 700 pet battles won and counting, fail trap is not terrible but I'd like the upgrade.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Hunter
Ice
Going to Need More Traps achieved on 9/29, traps still look, sound, feel, taste exactly the same as they did on day one.

Señorchang on Doomhammer
Edited by Señorchang on 10/10/2012 10:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
1805 battles

trap is still the same as day 1
Reply Quote
12 Human Rogue
I haven't gotten the upgrade for the trap an any toon or realm that I play.

Going to Need More Traps 9/29/12
Master Pet Hunter 10/08/12

Khaz Modan
Azuremyst
Dalaran
Mok'Nathal
Ravencrest
Ghostlands
Korgath
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]