I've got the strong trap now!
Thank you!
Reply Quote
70 Night Elf Rogue
I also have the trap now. Many thanks!
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
pet trap fixed.

now to upgrade to the masterball version, does anyone have pictures of it?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
AWESOME! Thanks for the fix, guys! I have my trap now.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
OMG! :)
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Got it! =D
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
10/09/2012 08:44 PMPosted by Nancee
We applied a hotfix to attempt to resolve issues of not properly receiving the upgraded Strong and Pristine traps. Please let us know if you're still having the issue, what character and realm is seeing the issue, and once you received the achievement, did your trap art, tooltip or icon change to reflect an upgraded trap?

I am still having the issue. I still have the old trap graphic, although I got the achievement "Going to need more traps" for the Strong trap on 9/27/12. I still have the same old trap icon, which says "Trap," so the tool tip did not change, and sometimes it takes 6-7 traps to capture a new pet, and I've had my whole team die trying to capture a few times :-/

Nancee, Goblin Shaman on Silvermoon Horde.

I am happy to report that my trap is fixed! Thank you!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Yay finally brand new Strong Trap!!!! works noticable better than the original i've been stuck with all this time!
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Working pet trap ty :)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
did your trap art, tooltip or icon change to reflect an upgraded trap?

Is it supposed to change?? Mine has never changed from the very beginning.

This. Though, I will check again when I get on today. Haven't tried trapping anything in several days.

Edit: Derp. Well, that'll teach me. Check first, post second. Trap is fixed and upgraded. Thank you!
Edited by Kirisame on 10/15/2012 10:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
how do you even catch pets in battle?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
how do you even catch pets in battle?

I also blew through the capture quests; finished Going to Need More Traps on the first day, and got to Zen Pet Hunter on 10/1/2012. Never got a single trap upgrade. (My tool tip still says +20% per failed attempt)

My buddy, who went at a moderate pace, just finished Going to Need More Traps today, and got the Strong Trap (+25% per attempt). So it seems like they intended us to have the upgrades, but that it was bugged until recently.

Blizz... please let us know how to enable this upgrade... it's getting really hard to trap the higher lvl pets with the old starter trap!

-Delwynnor
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]