Strong Pet Trap?

90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
Here's a pro tip.

Whether your trap works or not is entirely contingent on the amount of hp the opponent has, not the strength of the trap.

In other words, if the pet you're trying to catch has 34% health, it will be nearly impossible to catch.

If it has 2% health, you'll trap it on the first try.

Like everything else with pet battles, it's not working as intended, and it's buggy.

Source?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Untrue. I JUST missed 4 traps in a row on a horned lizard with 39/888hp left.

Trapping system is terrible.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
09/26/2012 02:54 PMPosted by Aelwen
Pretty sure it's bugged. Saw a blue post that said it's supposed to update the tooltip and graphic.

I'd believe it. I haven't seen any improvement.
Reply Quote
86 Orc Death Knight
I have the achievement, no updated graphic or tooltip. Still seems to have same miss chance as always.

Still no blizzard response but I can tell its bugged in game.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I haven't seen a change in my trapping skills.

I miss routinely six or seven times in a row on pets that are a level or even 2 lower than the pet I'm using for that battle.
Reply Quote
89 Night Elf Hunter
I dinged the acheivement after the last hotfix. I'm not sure if the trap updated then, but I logged onto a lower level horde to catch some bugs in Orgrimmar and lo, there was the strong pet trap! I've been gleefully taunting a friend whose hasn't updated ever since. But it's possible it's updating now, but not retroactively.
Reply Quote
Here's a pro tip.

Whether your trap works or not is entirely contingent on the amount of hp the opponent has, not the strength of the trap.

In other words, if the pet you're trying to catch has 34% health, it will be nearly impossible to catch.

If it has 2% health, you'll trap it on the first try.

Like everything else with pet battles, it's not working as intended, and it's buggy.

Not quite. While lower health does improve the chance of catching a pet at lower levels, but once you hit the lvl 18+ pets, you're going to miss 3-5 times in a row even if the pet is under 10% health.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Need stronger traps please!
Reply Quote
50 Goblin Warlock
Do we have any confirmation that pet health affects traps? I have never seen that info anywhere.

Blizz can you please comment on this "strong trap" issue? The whole thing is confusing and hard to find information about. I supposedly got the trap, but there is no indication of it anywhere in the UI and the tool tip and graphic are the same. Do I actually have it or not? Am I getting the benefit? Is there a bug, or is it working correctly? Communication would relieve some of the frustration.

Also, I can't seem to find any info on why battle pets don't show up in the remote auction house. Is this going to be fixed or is it working as intended?

Thanks!
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Priest

Also, I can't seem to find any info on why battle pets don't show up in the remote auction house. Is this going to be fixed or is it working as intended?

Thanks!

I'm assuming it's a bug because if you try to claim the gold from a sold pet the remote ah will crash.
Or, at least it does on my droid.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
Any idea when it'll be fixed? I got the acheive & was wondering when it'd be implemented
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB

Source?

Hours and hours of playtesting.

I will amend, however, that it's more a 50% chance at 2% health on level 25 pets

So no source at all, roger that.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Another weird thing is, I've gotten "New trap acquired" messages at random a couple times. But I'm still on the plywood starter trap.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Same issue here. Glad to see I'm not crazy and imagining the issue. Here's hoping for some resolution.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
No blue post on this yet? It's a huge pain catching high level pets right now.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Yeah, it's bugged. The new "stronger trap" is supposed to look like this:

http://tinyurl.com/yohr5d

hur hur hur. imma troll the forums because i'm bored. derrr. /endannoyance.

don't see it as an award either, this mightve been taken out, either temporarily or permanently.
Reply Quote
1 Human Warrior
I have captured over 200 pets and got teh achive .. but no text or reward
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
Still no Strong Trap for me either, I'm working on Zen Pet Hunter (the last achievement in the chain that has Going To Need More Leashes) and got the Feral Vermling as well. The hotfix notes said it was fixed but it's still missing.
Reply Quote
88 Tauren Paladin
Vim
Just a data point. I just re-joined the game yesterday and got my 50th capture today. I got the strong trap, the new animation, and the tooltip.

Sorry to those who did it before the hotfix, I hope they can correct it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]