Strong Pet Trap?

85 Blood Elf Death Knight
thats bs, i still miss 5-6 time in a row with 1 hp left...
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
So it is still bugged for those who already had the achievement before the hotfix?

Should we open a ticket to get stronger pet traps? Or just screwed?
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
I still don't have my strong trap.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
I'm opening yet another ticket on this issue to see if there will be any resolution at all. No blue post has stated anywhere how players whom have previously received the achievement, but did not actually get the award, will be compensated / fixed.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Priest
I remember getting the achievement a few days ago and it said "Reward: Strong pet trap" but I never got one.
Since I've long since passed that stage (50 pets IIRC) I cannot even check to see if it's been counted.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Got the catch 50 pets achievement before the "fix" I still don't have my strong traps :(
Reply Quote
Ditto. Still the same basic starter craptastic trap here. :(
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Same for me. Got the achieve two or more days back and still have the same basic trap I started with.
Reply Quote
1 Human Warrior
10/04/2012 02:21 AMPosted by Piechart
Bump for this. Trying to catch lvl 24s is almost impossible when the starter trap misses 6 or 7 times. Especially against spiders and frogs when they keep healing as it gives them plenty of time to eat through your roster.

This should be impossible as it says change goes up 20% per miss ... so 6 =110%

I assume its "BLIZZARD MATHS" .. thats being used here ( like my 110% :) )
Edited by Sigsigner on 10/8/2012 4:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
10/08/2012 04:07 AMPosted by Sigsigner
Bump for this. Trying to catch lvl 24s is almost impossible when the starter trap misses 6 or 7 times. Especially against spiders and frogs when they keep healing as it gives them plenty of time to eat through your roster.

This should be impossible as it says change goes up 20% per miss ... so 6 =110%

I assume its "BLIZZARD MATHS" .. thats being used here ( like my 110% :) )

No, your "maths" is wrong :) It is by 20%, not plus 20%. Thus multiply the previous percentage by 1.2 to get the next percentage (say 30%, 36%, 43%, etc.)
Reply Quote
Community Manager
We applied a hotfix to attempt to resolve issues of not properly receiving the upgraded Strong and Pristine traps. Please let us know if you're still having the issue, what character and realm is seeing the issue, and once you received the achievement, did your trap art, tooltip or icon change to reflect an upgraded trap?
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
I currently have 303 unique pets, and over 200 caught in a pet battle.

As far as I can tell, I still have the original "weak" trap. It looks the same, it sure as heck acts the same (takes 5-6 throws on some pets).

This toon, Sisters of Elune realm.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
10/08/2012 11:27 AMPosted by Bashiok
did your trap art, tooltip or icon change to reflect an upgraded trap?

Is it supposed to change?? Mine has never changed from the very beginning.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
We applied a hotfix to attempt to resolve issues of not properly receiving the upgraded Strong and Pristine traps. Please let us know if you're still having the issue, what character and realm is seeing the issue, and once you received the achievement, did your trap art, tooltip or icon change to reflect an upgraded trap?

What is the trap icon supposed to say? I've had the achievement for Strong Traps since the first day Mists went live, and the tooltip is unchanged. I just checked again on 3 different characters on Baelgun and Anvilmar and it is still unchanged.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Earned the achievement "Going to Need More Traps" on 9/25/12

Character: Solidius
Realm: Nordrassil
Trap Art: Basic / Starter

<< Tooltip >>
Trap Type: Trap
Chance: 20%
Edited by Solidius on 10/8/2012 11:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Same here. I've seen the patch notes and hotfixes say they're supposed to be fixed, but all of my characters still have the same old basic Trap.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
Earned achv on 9/28, still no Strong Trap. This character, Ghostlands.
Reply Quote

I received the achievement a week or 2 ago, have not seen a tooltip or icon change, and definitely have not seen indications that my trap performs any better than it did before that. This is true across all my toons, which, given that all the pet battle stuff is account-wide, makes sense. WTB strong trap before I finish catching all of them (honestly that ship has pretty much sailed)
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight
The tooltip changed on Doomhammer from 20 to 35%, but the name of the trap still says Trap and the look of the trap changed minimally (the trap went from having a piece of wood from it's frame falling against another part of it to not falling what so ever.) so I'm not sure if that's supposed to be the changed effect from Normal to Strong.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
10/08/2012 11:44 AMPosted by Unsteel
did your trap art, tooltip or icon change to reflect an upgraded trap?

Is it supposed to change?? Mine has never changed from the very beginning.

Nor has mine. o_o
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]