Strong Pet Trap?

100 Undead Priest
I've got the Strong Trap. The trap changed from a simple wood box to a wooden cage with metal bars, and it gives me 25% increased chance every time the trap fails instead of 20%.
Edited by Solder on 10/8/2012 12:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Right now I'm in the process of leveling up 30 lvl 25's to see if getting the Pristine Trap will just skip over this mess. This isn't as hard as it sounds, just takes some investment of time.

Unless I get some personal assistance or they do some sort of hotfix specific for us that are broken, this is probably going to be faster than waiting for the issue to be addressed, unfortunately.
Reply Quote
Just now I tested mine, and I still have the wooden crate looking box and the trap tool-tip only says 20% for each time it misses. This character, trapping a rare quality Robo-Chick in Winterspring.
Reply Quote
10/08/2012 11:27 AMPosted by Bashiok
We applied a hotfix to attempt to resolve issues of not properly receiving the upgraded Strong and Pristine traps. Please let us know if you're still having the issue, what character and realm is seeing the issue, and once you received the achievement, did your trap art, tooltip or icon change to reflect an upgraded trap?

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x360/MizunoAoi/WoWScrnShot_100612_125407.jpg

Still same rickity wooden box. Same animation.

And submitting tickets does nothing, I got a copy pasta response for "quests" not a bugged achievement.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
10/08/2012 12:13 PMPosted by Talbane
And submitting tickets does nothing, I got a copy pasta response for "quests" not a bugged achievement.

Not entirely true. I did get a ticket response that basically told me that they were looking into it. So, there is that.

Honestly, just provide as much information here as you can and maybe it'll be fixed next time you do a pet battle. ;-)
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
We applied a hotfix to attempt to resolve issues of not properly receiving the upgraded Strong and Pristine traps. Please let us know if you're still having the issue, what character and realm is seeing the issue, and once you received the achievement, did your trap art, tooltip or icon change to reflect an upgraded trap?

From what I have read on this thread and in others, the hotfix did work for people who had not yet gotten the achieve, however for those of us that already got achievements that upgraded traps, the hotfix did nothing. I have the zen pet hunter achieve and my trap still looks and acts like the starter trap.

Tooltip states: Attempt to catch a pet below 35% health. Capture chance is increased by 20% each time you fail.

The icon is a raggedy looking wooden crate, and the animation is that of said crate wobbling around and falling over, forwards or backwards depending on fail or success.

I experience this on all of the characters I've pet battled on, Caerulean, Mazenda, Nazenda, Dotmatrìx, Erìn all on alliance laughing skull US.

Thanks for the blue post. Hope we can get a retroactive hotfix soon.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Earned (on Wyrmrest Accord) my achievement (Going To Need More Traps) on 9/26/12. Earned Zen Pet Hunter on 9/27/12. I don't know which character(s) earned these, as it's one of those that simply says "all your characters receive credit."

In spite of hotfixes, this is still broken for me as well.

No change to tooltip, icon, animation, or to the trap itself. Same ol' rickety plywood crate that constantly struggles to catch the higher level pets (regardless of how little or how much health is whittled down in triggering the ability to capture, since that was a theory floating around).

And while it's extremely frustrating to watch 5 or 6 misses (or even 7) in a row with the rickety starter trap--which can wear down and kill your team in the process--I also finally got a real-time response on my GM ticket last night, and was assured the developers are still investigating. So there's that, at least.

Edit:
From what I have read on this thread and in others, the hotfix did work for people who had not yet gotten the achieve, however for those of us that already got achievements that upgraded traps, the hotfix did nothing. I have the zen pet hunter achieve and my trap still looks and acts like the starter trap.

It took me ages to actually realise I should have gotten the upgraded trap by Zen Pet Hunter. Before that, I kept wondering where the trap even came from, and assuming I'd just not gotten the right achievement or requirement knocked off yet. I shrugged it off--until I noticed more and more posts about others not getting it--and by then it was really starting to become painfully noticeable how my starter trap just wasn't cutting it anymore for the higher levels.

Promptly spent an hour or so checking and re-checking achievements for the "Going To Need More Traps" achievement before realising that I'd zoomed right on past it all the way to Zen Pet Hunter and yet hadn't gotten my upgrade, neither when the achievement completed nor when the hotfixes later were applied in an attempt to fix it.

So it seems a sound conclusion the hotfix saved people who hadn't already gotten their achievement, and it's the rest of us that are still floundering.
Edited by Astarin on 10/8/2012 6:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
Likewise broken here; achievement earned October 1, still 20% shown in the tooltip and a wooden crate. (Across all my characters.)
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
I don't know if it was you or not, but immediatly after I posted the above information, upon finishing a pet battle, it said a new trap was available. However, I did not see a tooltip change or a animation change in the next battle, so I restarted my client. I still have the old trap. Maybe I need to delete some game data so WoW will repair it with the new hotfix?
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Warrior
Yes, I'm still receiving it. Vegdrasil, Earthen Ring. The art, tooltip, and icon have not changed. The achievement was obtained before the hotfix.
Edited by Vegdrasil on 10/8/2012 12:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Cylarana, Silvermoon...no change, frequently missing 3-4 times in a row.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
I still have the issue, as well.

I completed "Going to Need More Traps" on 9/25 but my trap graphic is still the old rickety wooden one.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
I just checked last night 10/7/2012 and my trap animation and tooltip information are still the default values. Got the achievement atleast a week ago.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I'm having this issue.

Porimlys, Blackwater Raiders.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Going to Need More Traps - earned 10/02/12

No change to the default trap since then on Krezorion on Aerie Peak or any on my account.
Edited by Krezorion on 10/8/2012 1:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Going To Need More Traps - 9/27/12

No trap update.

Fix it, Blizzard. Battle pet launch has been a joke.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Had the achievement for Strong Trap since 10/2 and have never had the Strong Trap. I restarted the client fresh after reading about this hotfix and still do not have the Strong Trap.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
My trap is still the same crate. Highhunter-Cairne. earned the achievement "Going to Need More Traps" on 9/26/12
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I have a few characters on Mug'thol AND the achieve and haven't seen the updated tooltip or graphic for the trap.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I've had the achievement for the strong trap since 10/2, and still have not gotten it. The hotfix unfortunately did not give it to me, and nothing I do or that happens (server restarts, etc.) fixes it for me.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]