Strong Pet Trap?

Still do not have the Strong Pet trap. All characters, all realms.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Realm: Burning Legion
Character: Serry

I'm not sure the day I received the strong pet trap achievement but I did receive the Zen Master Hunter dated 10/06/2012. My trap was not upgraded when it should have been.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
This is occurring on Phoenixshock on Zul'jin-US primarily, but all character that have access to the pet battles don't have it.

Here is a screen shot of the trap with tooltip and the achievement. Rares are wiping out teams while trying to catch them in the high teens because of the lack of being able to trap them. A Little annoying, but I know you will get it fixed.

http://i.imgur.com/cULZe.png
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
10/08/2012 11:47 AMPosted by Shalura
We applied a hotfix to attempt to resolve issues of not properly receiving the upgraded Strong and Pristine traps. Please let us know if you're still having the issue, what character and realm is seeing the issue, and once you received the achievement, did your trap art, tooltip or icon change to reflect an upgraded trap?

What is the trap icon supposed to say? I've had the achievement for Strong Traps since the first day Mists went live, and the tooltip is unchanged. I just checked again on 3 different characters on Baelgun and Anvilmar and it is still unchanged.

This sums me up. I do most of my pet battles on this guy but have used several horde toons and my one ally on rivendare. Same art same trap, and I have had the strong trap achieve since very early.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
I had the Going to Need More Traps achievement before the hotfix went live, and I still don't have the Strong Pet Trap on any of my characters. The model used in pet battles is still the basic wooden one, and the icon and tooltip are unchanged.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Got my accomplishment the day of release or the day after and have yet to get an upgraded trap.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I got the achievement, & am at over 400 unique pets... still the basic trap. No updated tool tips or images.

Another bug is the Kali tamer achievement. I finished it, & all of the tamer names are in green but it hasn't actually awarded me the points/achievement.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
The hotfix didnt work for me....
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight
10/08/2012 11:27 AMPosted by Bashiok
We applied a hotfix to attempt to resolve issues of not properly receiving the upgraded Strong and Pristine traps. Please let us know if you're still having the issue, what character and realm is seeing the issue, and once you received the achievement, did your trap art, tooltip or icon change to reflect an upgraded trap?

I just tried it on Atun@Wyrmrest Accord. I have the achievement "Going to Need More Traps," which should give me a Strong Pet Trap. My trap in combat is still the wooden crate, however, it is 35% trap rate, +20% per attempt, which I think is the Strong rate.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Came back to add, I'm at 270 unique pets now (and climbing), in addition to the information I already posted (achievement on 09/26/12, same trap, icon, tooltip, etc. as ever and this persists on all characters, regardless of realm).
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Still the same basic trap on this character. Got the Going to Need More Traps achievement on Sept 25th.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Same 'ol pet trap :(

However I did notice the achievement is missing.

Plus there is no Pro Pet Crew achievement to be had in my list.
Edited by Gilroykilroy on 10/8/2012 7:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
No change at all here, have had my Strong Trap since 10/01/12.

Still says "Trap" with the normal "target must be under 35% health, catch chance increases by 20% for every miss".

Hotfix seems to not have worked.

Same 'ol pet trap :(

However I did notice the achievement is missing.

Plus there is no Pro Pet Crew achievement to be had in my list.

Keep in mind, both of these are part of tiered achievements. "Pro Pet Crew" comes after earning "Pro Pet Group". As well, "Going to Need More Traps" will be covered by "Master Pet Hunter" which is the following achievement to it.
Edited by Solarus on 10/8/2012 7:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Ah, so my Zen Pet Hunter covers that. Thanks.

P.S. There should be an achievement for getting that achievement with just the regular trap :)
Edited by Gilroykilroy on 10/8/2012 8:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
94 Human Rogue
Got the "Gonna Need More Traps" achievement on 9/29. Still have the regular trap icon and tooltip on all characters. Hotfix, if it worked, was apparently not retroactive.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I hope that the actual TRAP is different, this wooden thing does not seem adequate to contain all of the minfernals I catch XD.

I want something with spikes and rivets :3
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
I do not have the upgraded trap on any of my characters on Turalyon. Haven't checked on other servers yet. Got the achievement several days ago, but no change with the tooltip, art, or icon and it certainly doesn't behave as if it's a "better" trap.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Adding myself to the list...

Achievement earned within 12 hours of Mists going live by Ellekayne on Malygos, since server transferred to Kirin Tor. I did not have the expansion at the time. Trap never changed, just like everyone else here. I initially assumed I'd glitched myself by not having the expansion when I got the achievement since I didn't get the quest from the trainer in Stormwind until I upgraded. Between Ryxl and Ellekayne on Kirin Tor, I've got 400 unique pets and still the same trap everyone starts with.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
Every single time I try to trap, it takes 4 tries. This is dumb.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]