Strong Pet Trap?

100 Tauren Shaman
This toon here. Tried loggin in on other characters and none of them have it.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
Same here, got the achievement for strong trap on 10/01/12 and no upgrade of trap.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Death Knight
I earned the achievement for Strong Traps some time last week. However, the achievement is gone from my achievement page and only the follow up, "Battle Master" (earned 10/07/2012) shows. I still have a normal trap.

Character: Weetzie
Realm: Mal'Ganis
Trap Art: Basic / Starter

<< Tooltip >>
Trap Type: Trap
Chance: 20%
Reply Quote
86 Tauren Paladin
My traps are not upgraded either.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
We applied a hotfix to attempt to resolve issues of not properly receiving the upgraded Strong and Pristine traps. Please let us know if you're still having the issue, what character and realm is seeing the issue, and once you received the achievement, did your trap art, tooltip or icon change to reflect an upgraded trap?

Realm- Velen
Character - My main is Nadja, but I don't see it when I log into my other characters Horde or Alliance either so it's not character specific for me
I did indeed receive the achievement (Sept. 28)- got the "you've been awarded a strong trap" message and all. Model/icon/tool tip did not change. After the hotfix the model, icon, and tool tip still did not change. I have Zen Pet Hunter & 274 unique pets at this point, still only seeing/using the rickety 20% trap.

--Logged in to add that I'm still not seeing the stronger trap after Tuesday's (Oct. 9) maintenance.
Edited by Nadja on 10/10/2012 9:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Monk
This character, still no improved trap. Got the achievement on 9/29.
Reply Quote
87 Night Elf Druid
My traps didn't not upgrade either. I earned up to master pet hunter (100 pets) on 9/25/12 and earned zen pet hunter (200 pets) on 10/7/12. I play on Doomhammer.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
CFT
I am also under the same speel as everyone else with a Broken trap too.

Still have a Normal old box trap with nothing changed.

I play on Suramar name of Doopliss.

Earned the Achievement on 9/29.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Mage
Alludra
Earthen Ring US

Same trap problem, not updated on the UI/in game art. Achievement earned on 10/03/12

Being a slacker and haven't beaten the tamers yet. Perhaps today I will finally stop being so lazy! ^.^
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
I earned the achievement the Strong Trap before the hot-fix, and still do not have said trap.
As of yesterday (10-08-12) I have the Master Pet Hunter achievement but still no upgraded trap.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kaelthas/Zamaleiah/achievement#15117:15118:a655

Character: Zamaleiah Realm: Kael'thas
Action Bar Picture: Starter Trap (flimsy boards and nails)
Chance to Capture: 20%
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
10/08/2012 11:27 AMPosted by Bashiok
We applied a hotfix to attempt to resolve issues of not properly receiving the upgraded Strong and Pristine traps. Please let us know if you're still having the issue, what character and realm is seeing the issue, and once you received the achievement, did your trap art, tooltip or icon change to reflect an upgraded trap?

I have 134 captured pets, but I cant even find the achievement for 50 (which awards the strong trap) in my achievement list. I do have Master Pet Hunter (100 pets captured) and I can track Zen Pet Hunter (200 pets captured). My trap is still a basic trap, no icon change, no tooltip change. This character, Bronzebeard realm. Getting really frustrated with my trap missing 5x in a row sometimes before I can catch something.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Same trap art as before.

Realm: Rexxar
Char: Shatterstep or Truestrike earned it.
Earned:

• 9/25/2012 Going to need more traps
  • 9/27/2012 Master Pet Hunter
  • 10/2/2012 Zen Pet Hunter

Here is an interesting note. I was in the beta and my profile is showing all the pets I collected there, not on live. For example, I have a Darkmoon zeppelin on live, but I didn't in the beta. I had 3 rare flayer younglings on beta, but I only have a single poor one on live.

The online profile is confused.

Oh, I should mention that the improved trap never showed up during the beta either.
Edited by Truestrike on 10/9/2012 11:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
10/08/2012 11:27 AMPosted by Bashiok

Character: Achilios
Realm: Steamwheedle Cartel
Received the achievement 'Going to Need More Traps' on 9/25/2012.

No tooltip, art, or icon change.
Reply Quote
MVP - Customer Support
100 Tauren Druid
Character: Pahanda
Realm: Destromath
"Going to Need More Traps" Achievement Earned: 09/30/2012 (prior to hotfix)

Trap art, tooltip, and icon have not changed to reflect the upgraded traps.
Edited by Pahanda on 10/9/2012 10:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
67 Troll Shaman
Earned (on Wyrmrest Accord) my achievement (Going To Need More Traps) on 9/26/12. Earned Zen Pet Hunter on 9/27/12. I don't know which character(s) earned these, as it's one of those that simply says "all your characters receive credit."

In spite of hotfixes, this is still broken for me as well.

No change to tooltip, icon, animation, or to the trap itself. Same ol' rickety plywood crate that constantly struggles to catch the higher level pets (regardless of how little or how much health is whittled down in triggering the ability to capture, since that was a theory floating around).

And while it's extremely frustrating to watch 5 or 6 misses (or even 7) in a row with the rickety starter trap--which can wear down and kill your team in the process--I also finally got a real-time response on my GM ticket last night, and was assured the developers are still investigating. So there's that, at least.

Edit:
From what I have read on this thread and in others, the hotfix did work for people who had not yet gotten the achieve, however for those of us that already got achievements that upgraded traps, the hotfix did nothing. I have the zen pet hunter achieve and my trap still looks and acts like the starter trap.

It took me ages to actually realise I should have gotten the upgraded trap by Zen Pet Hunter. Before that, I kept wondering where the trap even came from, and assuming I'd just not gotten the right achievement or requirement knocked off yet. I shrugged it off--until I noticed more and more posts about others not getting it--and by then it was really starting to become painfully noticeable how my starter trap just wasn't cutting it anymore for the higher levels.

Promptly spent an hour or so checking and re-checking achievements for the "Going To Need More Traps" achievement before realising that I'd zoomed right on past it all the way to Zen Pet Hunter and yet hadn't gotten my upgrade, neither when the achievement completed nor when the hotfixes later were applied in an attempt to fix it.

So it seems a sound conclusion the hotfix saved people who hadn't already gotten their achievement, and it's the rest of us that are still floundering.

I have been wondering the same thing. I have no idea which of my characters earned the [Going to Need More Traps] achievement on 9/25/2012... but I also still have the basic starter trap. I didn't actually realize that there WAS a stronger trap until I saw these posts about it.

As an aside... why does the "catch # of rares" achievements stop at 50? I have caught a LOT more than 50 rares... and am working on replacing all my lower quality catches with rares whenever I can.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
Add me to that list Xehonort, Shu'halo. It's still the same trap I had since the start the raggedy wooden one. Going to need more traps Achievement obtained 9/25/2012. Nothing has changed even if the battle pet has little to no health it can still miss 2 to 4 times if not more sometimes.
Reply Quote
91 Troll Hunter
Just checked this morning and same here. Got both achievements ("Going to Need More Traps" on 9/25/12 and "Zen Pet Hunter" on 9/27/12) but the trap art, tooltip, icon, and capturing difficulty haven't changed from the basic trap.

Sanguebom, Ursin
(as well as my alts)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Character: Stilga
Realm: Thunderlord
Received Zen Pet Hunter on 10/04/12 with no change in graphics or tool tip.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I do have Strong Traps.

Updated graphic on traps, updated tooltip. Are my odds better? Doesn't feel like it :)

I cannot confirm precisely on the armory (since I advanced to the next tier) but I think I hit the achievement on 10/07.

Hope that helps troubleshooting the issue.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
Character: frytanya
Realm: Anub'arak
Trap Art: Basic / Starter

<< Tooltip >>
Chance: 20%
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]