Strong Pet Trap?

90 Blood Elf Mage
Character: Jadette
Realm: Perenolde
Received the achievement 'Going to Need More Traps' on 9/28/2012.

No tooltip, art, or icon change.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
I received the achievement prior to the hotfix but never received the strong trap. This has NOT changed since the hotfix. No change to tool tips or anything. Not fixed.

Character: Xenua
Realm: Windrunner
Edited by Xenua on 10/9/2012 11:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I got the achive in the first few days and never got the upgrade, thenI went and looked and the achive it had the strong traps award taken off of it and now even thou its back on the achievement I still have the same old crappy trap.

Name: Panda (thou all my toons are effected)
Realm: Llane
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
Not sure when I earned the achievement for the Strong Trap, but Zen Pet Hunter earned on 10/5.

No strong trap here. :( (This character has done almost all of my pet battling.)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
Mine still looks the same as it always has. Never received the stronger trap.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
As of last night (10/8/12) none of my toons on Alexstrasza have the new trap. Its been the same wooded crate and I've had it miss upwards of 5+ times on wild battle pets.

Main toons used that don't have it but none of my toons have had it upgraded as far as I can tell: Brøphy, Øruis, Cørbin, Ordên
Realm: Alexstrasza
Achievement gotten on: 10/2/12
Edited by Brøphy on 10/9/2012 1:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Hunter
I don't know which character, but the trap doesn't work on either of them. I got the achievement around 9/25/12

I don't really mind... I just want to see how the trap looks.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
have original trap and trap artwork

Dalorne/Darkreyne
Server : Eitrigg
Alliance
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
So no sign of the new trap. Still the same old rickey wooden crate.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
10/08/2012 11:27 AMPosted by Bashiok
We applied a hotfix to attempt to resolve issues of not properly receiving the upgraded Strong and Pristine traps. Please let us know if you're still having the issue, what character and realm is seeing the issue, and once you received the achievement, did your trap art, tooltip or icon change to reflect an upgraded trap?

This character (Arbwise @ Gilneas) still only has the regular trap available, despite having nearly 300 unique pets and the Zen Pet Hunter achievement. The icon and tooltip are unchanged and my failure rate when trapping is still very high.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
My trap hasn't changed at all either...and I'm @358 pets. My tool tip still says 20%, no change to icon or trap.

Yzerkendra on Fenris.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
10/08/2012 11:27 AMPosted by Bashiok
We applied a hotfix to attempt to resolve issues of not properly receiving the upgraded Strong and Pristine traps. Please let us know if you're still having the issue, what character and realm is seeing the issue, and once you received the achievement, did your trap art, tooltip or icon change to reflect an upgraded trap?

I'm still seeing the old trap artwork, icon and tooltip on Vomitose (and all my other characters) on Garona.

Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/ezr6E.jpg
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
My trap has not changed either.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Got the achievement and nothing changed at all. Art, tool tip and everything is all the same still. On Whytewolf @ Shu'halo
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
I have the 200 captures achievement as of October 4th, dunno when I got the 50 one. As of now the animation, tooltip, and icon are all still the starter trap for this toon. Even so, it seemed like maybe it's been capturing at a higher rate since yesterday, more like an average of 2-3 tries instead of almost always taking around 5, but I'm not sure of that; could have just had a lucky streak.
Edited by Rowlga on 10/9/2012 2:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
46 Troll Priest
Character: Tirinia
Realm: Dalaran-US

I have the "Zen Pet Hunter" (10/6/12) achievement but I do not have "Going to Need More Traps" achievement. In fact, it doesn't even seem to appear on my Achievement list. When I was trapping today after the reset I didn't notice a difference in my trap quality either.

Thanks!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I earned the "Going to Need More Traps" achievement on 9/27 but have no changes to trap art, tooltip, or icon, either on this character or any other I have checked. I don't recall which character originally earned the achievement.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Earned the achievement for the strong trap on this toon (Galkura @Darkspear), not sure when, but I earned it before the hotfix, and it is still displaying as the regular trap both in the icon and when I use it
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Same as all the others. Got the achievement day two of MoP live and still see the old trap and old tool tip.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]