Free transfers to Mug'thol now available!

90 Troll Hunter
any one getting this when you try to move ERROR: You have a character online for this account. Please make sure all characters are offline.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman
I'm moving one of my druids!
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman
done, and no, I didn't get that issue, Patrick. Went through right away.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
Mug'thol is a decent server but no ally but yeah xrealm
Reply Quote
88 Blood Elf Hunter
It also has 200,000 (yes, 200,000) less people than Illidan. You might hate the queue times during peak hours on brand new content, but imagine how bored, irritated, and sad you're going to be when you realize that you're trading the ability to pug anything on this server, find anything on the auction house, or pick between hundreds of guilds for a server with dead cities, slower progression, and a much, much smaller no pug scene. I expect most of the people accepting this transfer will be back by November.
Edited by Macloud on 9/27/2012 10:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
86 Undead Warrior
Pretty active pug scene on that server from what I've been reading and hearing from other players.

Bottom Line

Playing > Not Playing Sitting in Queue.
Reply Quote
Moved my Paladin in the middle of the night so I can play at least one character during peak times lol.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
09/26/2012 07:55 PMPosted by Rhythalia
Considering it. Have to talk to the guildies before I decide.

Woah, woah, actual Rhy?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Mug'thol wasn't always so imbalanced. Alliance died after Blizz started allowing faction changes in Wrath. Entire guilds transferred off too during ICC progression because there were problems with the datacenter causing 1k+ latency for a while.

It's an alright server, with a healthy auction house and PUG scene. Who cares about trade chat pugging anymore anyway, when you've got Real ID/Battletags and Openraid now? I wouldn't say Mug'thol is less progressed than Illidan either, but there are fewer guilds that got 8/8H, for example, due to the smaller pop. That's common sense. It's not a dead realm by any means, and Void and Odyssey are pretty decent guilds, good by most people's standards. Void's always top 50 (22nd for DS), and Odyssey top 100 (60th for DS) while being only a 3 day guild.

Worst case scenario is that you have to pay to return transfer. What you do is start with transferring only one toon, and if you find that you really like it, transfer the rest later.
Edited by Auraye on 9/27/2012 4:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
need about 1500 more of you to go ahead and transfer over, thanks
Reply Quote
22 Goblin Hunter
Waiting for 2h now to get into Illidan... and the timer only grows up.
But yet, I'm still hesitant to move, because I like:

• To find everything I want in the HA
  • To always have PUGs available
  • Lots of level 25 guilds to pick
  • etc

The issues we are facing now only happens during the first weeks of a patch/expansion. (although there are "permanent" issues there, like gold spamming and chinese trade chats)

If enough people move to the other realm, then I would do. But I can't risk move into a not populated enough realm.
Reply Quote
86 Orc Hunter
Waiting for 2h now to get into Illidan... and the timer only grows up.
But yet, I'm still hesitant to move, because I like:

• To find everything I want in the HA
  • To always have PUGs available
  • Lots of level 25 guilds to pick
  • etc

The issues we are facing now only happens during the first weeks of a patch/expansion. (although there are "permanent" issues there, like gold spamming and chinese trade chats)

If enough people move to the other realm, then I would do. But I can't risk move into a not populated enough realm.

From what I can tell, it's a fairly populated realm.
Reply Quote
86 Night Elf Priest
09/27/2012 04:35 PMPosted by Ilood
Considering it. Have to talk to the guildies before I decide.

Woah, woah, actual Rhy?

Yup, it's me. Came back 6 months ago after more than 3 years of retirement. So much difference comparing to tbc and vanilla days. WTB the old players back.

Miss Allstars?
Reply Quote
70 Blood Elf Paladin
Guess who wants a free transfer but has mail in the box >.< hour 2 of waiting to clear out that mail lol
Reply Quote
50 Blood Elf Mage
I used to be on Mug'thol (Ally side, when the server was more like 3:1 horde, but I still pop back in over there)...

So a few things about Mug'thol -

Top guild is Void. (The ugly chick that did a bunch of Tankspot's Cata videos was in Void. Yeah, the one that had nuddie pics floating around... can't remember her name, successfully parsed that memory deep deep into my regressed subconscious mind.)

The Alliance is mostly French-Canadian. Seriously. Trade chat is more French than English. And mannnnnn are they easy to troll. They make you guys look stoic.

Horde side is HORRIBLE at world pvp. They require groups of 3 or more to gank 1 alliance member. You guys should fit right in.

That's all for now... if I can think of more I'll let you know.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
it says mug'thol is a "high" pop realm now,i sent my priest and its like a small but growing illidan,really thinking about moving my mains,lots of mounts on the ah ,cloth sells like its going out of style ,for a lot too !!!. People actually seem friendly there,more people from illidan seem to be migrating there then anyone wouldve guessed.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]