Question? Subscription and Credit Card

20 Human Rogue
Hi, I Have a question which is bugging me. When you buy the BC version through retail version, what happens after entering the code? Does it require a credit card for the next months subscription?
Reply Quote
You will be awarded 30 days of play-time with a purchase of the World of Warcraft Battle Chest.

After this time has elapsed, a player can purchase time with a Credit Card through the Blizzard website, or purchase Time Cards at many retail locations.
Reply Quote
20 Human Rogue
how does the award of play-time come? In a card? or does the code you put on the website grant it. I'm thinking of buying the BC at Walmart...I just don't have the credit card information. Most games will ask for credit card before the time is awarded.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
09/26/2012 07:33 PMPosted by Vicki
I'm thinking of buying the BC at Walmart...I just don't have the credit card information

You take the Key Code for the battlechest out of the box, enter it into the WoW account you want to upgrade on your battle.net account, and you automatically get the free month of game time.

It's one Battlechest Key Code for everything. The free month, Burning Crusade, and Wrath of the Lich King.

After that free month is up, you can buy more game time cards at the same store you were able to buy the Battlechest with.

You do NOT need to enter in a credit card into your account unless you wish to pay for your subscription with one.

Also note that it doesn't have to be a credit card, Debit cards are accepted as well.
Edited by Avanna on 9/26/2012 7:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
20 Human Rogue
Yes, The other thing is Visa gift card as well. Thank you all for information. It'll be awhile before I can do this...but It helped my biggest fear of buying, both Digital and Retail.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Bear in mind that preloaded credit cards are not supported, so relying on one for your subscription can lead to trouble and headaches down the road. You can use debit/credit cards, Paypal, or gamecards.
Reply Quote
60 Troll Hunter
If you don't have a choice besides prepaid credit cards make sure to call the 800 number on the back and register the card with your address for online transactions that makes the odds of them going through MUCH higher
Reply Quote
20 Human Paladin
This Vicki,

After I buy the game, I'm not going to be able to sub after the month. It would be a one-month deal.

Unemployment is the problem; It would be a christmas gift, no income that buy the game. It would be great to have the extra money to sub, but impossible at the moment.
Edited by Vickiflare on 9/27/2012 5:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
20 Human Paladin
Another question, Do we loose the Cata and Mist Character with a digital upgrade of the game?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
09/27/2012 06:39 PMPosted by Vickiflare
Another question, Do we loose the Cata and Mist Character with a digital upgrade of the game?

No, you don't lose characters when you upgrade, provided you upgrade your current account and not accidentally make a new one.
Reply Quote
20 Human Paladin
No, Since I would get discount for digital right now...I would be on my account. The reason I got rid of my Level 20 characters was because I want to do Level 20 at the time she become it so she can start leveling up again when I'm on full account for the month.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
If you're at level 20 on a trial account and you upgrade, you can keep leveling past 20 just fine. Nothing changes but the restriction is lifted so you gain experience again. You didn't have to delete anything.
Reply Quote
20 Human Paladin
Although sometime I get to Level 20 eariler than Level 17, which means if I finish the story line...I've lost a few levels, the reason why you can do Level 22 yellow before Level 23 orange. Basically because Level 17 brings Level 22 gear.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
You don't lose any levels. There are quests all over the place, and even if you by some chance finish all of the quests you can access at level 20, you can still level up through battlegrounds or dungeons.

It's incredibly difficult to understand your posts because you're not writing proper sentences. I can only guess at what you're trying to say.
Reply Quote
20 Human Paladin
09/27/2012 08:36 PMPosted by Vickiflare
Although sometime I get to Level 20 eariler than Level 17, which means if I finish the story line...I've lost a few levels, the reason why you can do Level 22 yellow before Level 23 orange. Basically because Level 17 brings Level 22 gear.

Explanation: I don't need sentence to explain this...I sometime reach the Level 20 before the Level 16-17 mobs. Which I want to stop when I reach level 20 so I continue to play the Quest and earn the experience points. Normally I'm 3 Level above the mobs, when I reach the 10,20,30 mark. I would like to be this again, thus I deleted the characters at 20 level to stop when they reach 20 and not quest higher until I buy the game.

The reason in the other post I said you can quest until Level 22, is because the gear is requirement Level 17, but Item Level 22. Thus you can quest until the yellow until mobs turns to orange in the difficulty number.

My opinion of Battle grounds, they are like DC Universe Legends PVP which I bared win due to that I'm outside the gate and die many time over. The Dungeons are fun when you're not getting kicked for being slow.

Alright, this my last post, Thank you all for the information... I will continue to play WOW until reach Level 20 and start a new character until 10 character in realm. Until I can buy the game.
Edited by Vickiflare on 9/27/2012 9:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
I sometime reach the Level 20 before the Level 16-17 mobs. Which I want to stop when I reach level 20 so I continue to play the Quest and earn the experience points. Normally I'm 3 Level above the mobs, when I reach the 10,20,30 mark. I would like to be this again, thus I deleted the characters at 20 level to stop when they reach 20 and not quest higher until I buy the game.

You don't have to delete characters when they get to level 20. You can continue to play them forever more until you upgrade. When you upgrade you will be able to resume leveling on those same characters. There's more quests that open up to you, more areas to explore, and quest mobs go all the way to level 90.

It's impossible for you to lose anything by letting a character sit at level 20 after you level it and before you upgrade. You don't get deleted characters back, once they're deleted they're gone for good. Upgrading to a full account won't bring them back. You can also have up to 10 characters per server, 50 characters total on a single account for free, even as a trial. So there's no reason for you to be deleting every character you level to 20.

Just because an item says "iLevel 22" does NOT mean YOU are level 22. You are level 20, that's as high as you can go with your character's level as a trial account.

There's nothing wrong with fighting quest mobs of a lower level than you, and it will not hurt your character's level to fight them, you don't get negative xp for fighting them. Same with lower level quests, you dont' get negative xp for completing gray or green quests, they just don't contribute much to your xp bar (if you're not already level capped).
Reply Quote
20 Human Paladin
I'm not going to argue with you, I planned this from the beginning to end. This character is at Level 18 and 3/4 (due to Beer Fest last night.) I am reaching the beginning quest for 15-20 Mountain on the humans. The Yellow Markers...at Three Corners. I will be Level 20 before the end of Lakeshore marker quests. I'm going to stop going further ahead and save the rest for upgrade with the character. I would like to be a Level 23 or 24 when I enter the Dusk wood Quests.

Now Yellow Markers are available in the Dusk wood until after you beat the Abomination earning the achievement for both West Fall and Dusk wood Quests. Which Level is this?

I deleted the character because I was going to stop playing the game...period. The reason was clear in my other posts..I was looking forward to it and because I can't do it, I don't want to play the game.

So basically I'm playing it like a trial and not a starter edition.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
09/28/2012 04:28 PMPosted by Vickiflare
I'm not going to argue with you,

We're not arguing with you, but from your posts you seemed to be very confused so we were trying to explain how the game works.

We couldn't really tell what you were doing or why because you were hard to understand. You weren't using complete sentences and you weren't punctuating anywhere even close to what is typically needed to understand someone.

Yes, once you reach level 20 you can stop playing your characters because they won't gain anymore xp, and that's fine.

You mentioned that you were not playing your characters once they got close to 20 AND that you were deleting characters as you got them to 20, which we couldn't figure out why since as soon as you upgrade your leveling ability on them will resume.
Edited by Avanna on 9/28/2012 5:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I'm going to guess that English is not your first language, considering how you write and how you keep missing the tone of posts made by others that are trying to help you. No one is arguing with you in the first place, just explaining how things work since you appear to be misunderstanding things.
Edited by Icedragon on 9/28/2012 6:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]