Will Hunters get more stable slots in MoP?

(Locked)

90 Night Elf Hunter
I don't know if a post like this has already been posted so I apologize if it has. That said, I am curious if Blizzard intends to increase the Hunter pet stable slots. My stable as of right now is 100% full with hard to get rares, spirit beasts, and the 10 hard to tame pets from cataclysm. I have absolutely no room to get any of the new rares in MoP. I know I am not the only Hunter with this problem. I've spoke with many other Hunters and they are having the same problem as I am. My question is... Blizzard... Will you ever increase the stable size for us Hunters? I've already had to get rid of so many pets from the past just to get the 10 hard tame pets from cataclysm. At this point.. I refuse to get rid of any others. Would be nice if you showed us Hunters some love. Perhaps 5 or 10 more slots? Anyway.. if a blue could respond to that, I would appreciate it... or if anyone else happens to know if this is in the works, please let me know. Thank you. :)
90 Night Elf Hunter
Depressing... :(
90 Pandaren Hunter
It is depressing. I like to collect pets. And I currently only have 4 spots left for mop. With all the rare spawns in cata, and all the spirit beasts you dont have much room left.
89 Night Elf Hunter
Raiding, dungeoning, or questing hunters need only 5 pets to be able to operate efficiently: A tank pet, two dps pets, one having the agil/str buff, and one having the 5% crit increase buff, a cunning pet for utility, and a spirit beast if the hunter is BM.

Do not think that we have too few slots, instead think: "What pets to I enjoy? What pets do I want to show to friends, the stories I can tell about them?" And then fill your stable with those pets. I have a collection of sabers, because I enjoy how they look. I know by heart where each one came from, if not exactly the spot where I tamed them.

The pets I have with me when I go into the world are my 'utility' pets, and the ones in my stable are my 'showcase' pets. On occasion I swap sabers for a change of pace, but all in all, I don't go out and tame all the rares/new species just to say "Yeah, look at my fancy new (new pet)!" I don't need a flashy new species to feel good. I just want what I like.

Don't get me wrong, I also strive for good looking 'utility' pets as well. I camped for Loque'Nahak for weeks, I fished the lava pools for a month for that FLAMING turtle, Terrorpene, the dog I rescued from Kara was fun to find for arena, and the hellboar I tamed simply because my favorite color is green, and he was also my tank from 62 through to 80.

I realize that I will be reprimanded for stating what I believe, but in the end, -why- do you need that crane? Or that porcupine? Is it just because they're new? And what about spirit beasts or rares? Do you really need to 'catch 'em all'? What would one do with a stable-full of spirit beasts? Or all those rares that will just sit in your stable, unused. A rare/spirit beast are rare because most hunters do not think about other hunters when they're hunting rares.

I had been questing in Twilight Highlands on one of my alts, when I spotted the ghost wolf, Karoma. Now, all you hunters out there know the feeling when I say: My heart stopped. I logged out on the spot and swapped over, got to the place, found him again, and got the tame. My heart was hammering, and I just /yelled "WoooooooT I got him!!"

....I did not realize there had been a hunter camping his spawn points for nearly a month for him above me. She whispered me, but I can't recall right now what, and again, my heart stopped, but this time in pain. I had stolen another hunter's tame without even knowing, and had just thrown it in their face. I was ashamed. And if I could have, II would have untamed Karoma on the spot to allow this heartbroken hunter her reward.

Afterward, I had talked with this hunter for the better part of two hours, when something came to me. I had recently read about a long ago non-violence pact between vanilla druids, because there were so few of them in that time. One druid would not kill another, regardless of faction. There's a similar issue for rares and spirit beasts, there are too few and far between to be snatched up out of greed, as there were too few druids to go around to have them killing one another.

I named the ghost wolf Anleihe. Bond. For the bond all true hunters will understand. We cannot snatch a rare just to say "Yeah, I got such and such rare on my hunter." Would it not be far better to be able to say "I helped another hunter get their tame of a lifetime while on my own hunter."

Yeah, I'm a sap, and I am a hardcore hunter. Call me what you will, but read my words, and understand what I am trying to say: You are not the only one on the Hunt, and others may want that rare not just for looks, but for a bond.

Thank you for reading.
90 Human Hunter
I understand your point Esallia, but for me, the most fun I've had in WoW is collecting rare pets. I think, while we shouldn't get more stable slots for free, it would be a good idea for blizzard to make it so you could buy new slots.

I understand your point about bonds between the hunter and their pets, but in truth, I have all but two slots full in my stables and that is after I eliminated all the pets I didn't care about. After getting Skoll, I danced around my livingroom for a half hour (yes... I am that kind of person). I have different pets on me every day, besides Terrorpene, named Tank (Because I'm Brony, not because he's my tank), and Glasybolas, who's The Kurken.

I've had the fun of helping other hunters tame rares and told 20 people so far how to tame ban'thalos because the strategy on Wowhead didn't work for them, as it didn't for me.

I don't want to be selfish, I just want the oppurtunity to have more pets to love
90 Undead Warlock
I agree with having more stable slots available. Since companion pets are now combined between our toons along with our mounts, why can't we have more stable slots. Like a lot of others, I like to obtain the pets for myself and not just for "show and tell" but for the sense of accomplishment.

Bought this game for my daughter and she got me interested in it. I'm not good at dungeons, etc., so my biggest enjoyment is in the taming of the animals.

It was hard to get rid of pets that I had forever, but the challenge of a rarer tame was something I looked forward to. (Took me forever to get Skarr). I don't want to get rid of other pets and now we have these pets from MoP.

What to do? What to do?

Guess for now I'll have to make another hunter.
More stable slots is something most hunters would love to get, (including myself) but in no way is it needed for you to play you're class.

Yes there are allot of rare pets, but less then enough slots to keep them all in.

No you do not need every single one of those pets to play a hunter.

For example every spirit beast is the same, so in a sense you only need one.
90 Draenei Hunter
Why is it ok for players to collect every single mount in the game, or every vanity pet, but hunters are saddled with the yoke of "limited storage creates desireability?"
100 Blood Elf Priest
I agree with having more stable slots available. Since companion pets are now combined between our toons along with our mounts, why can't we have more stable slots. Like a lot of others, I like to obtain the pets for myself and not just for "show and tell" but for the sense of accomplishment.

Bought this game for my daughter and she got me interested in it. I'm not good at dungeons, etc., so my biggest enjoyment is in the taming of the animals.

It was hard to get rid of pets that I had forever, but the challenge of a rarer tame was something I looked forward to. (Took me forever to get Skarr). I don't want to get rid of other pets and now we have these pets from MoP.

What to do? What to do?

Guess for now I'll have to make another hunter.

I am actually considering making another hunter so I can have more hunter pets. My hunter has a full stable. I have all the spirit beasts and alot of the challenge tames. I would love more hunter slots for the new Mists pets.

All of my pets are special to me for one reason or another. I have Ashtail, the purple fox. I went and got him as soon as I could get thru those tunnels without getting killed by the guards. Why? Because he's purple!! I mean yeah that's not exactly a "hunter" reason to have him, but who cares he's mine and he's purple and I'm keeping him.

I have Kurken (white core hound), again I went and got him the minute I was big enough to survive the trip. Shadra, a spider you have to summon. Taming her was a pain because you have NPC's with you who are supposed to kill her. So you are trying to tame this thing while keeping her from getting killed by the npc's who are doing their darndest to kill her. I have Echeyakee, white cat you have to summon. Lots more.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/aggramar/Cathline/hunter-pet#54322

Each pet I have tamed has a story behind it. I should not have to chose to throw away a memory in order to add more pets, and their individual memories to my collection.

09/27/2012 10:17 PMPosted by Esallia
Raiding, dungeoning, or questing hunters need only 5 pets to be able to operate efficiently: A tank pet, two dps pets, one having the agil/str buff, and one having the 5% crit increase buff, a cunning pet for utility, and a spirit beast if the hunter is BM.

I do not raid, Dungeons are a sometimes thing. I love to quest and I love having one of my faithful companions with me while I'm out in the big bad world. I don't tame my pets for their "efficiency", screw that, I tame them for the fun, for the thrill, because I want them.

09/27/2012 10:17 PMPosted by Esallia
Do not think that we have too few slots, instead think: "What pets to I enjoy? What pets do I want to show to friends, the stories I can tell about them?" And then fill your stable with those pets. I have a collection of sabers, because I enjoy how they look. I know by heart where each one came from, if not exactly the spot where I tamed them.

I only tame the pets I really want. Each one has it's own story and memories of the hunt and the tame.

[67123786334"]The pets I have with me when I go into the world are my 'utility' pets, and the ones in my stable are my 'showcase' pets. On occasion I swap sabers for a change of pace, but all in all, I don't go out and tame all the rares/new species just to say "Yeah, look at my fancy new (new pet)!" I don't need a flashy new species to feel good. I just want what I like.

I like to swap out my pets. Depending on who I want with me that day. I love the spirit beasts. And cats, any cat. And anything purple. I can guarantee if it's purple, I will tame it.

09/28/2012 11:39 AMPosted by Zadzakiel
I've had the fun of helping other hunters tame rares and told 20 people so far how to tame ban'thalos because the strategy on Wowhead didn't work for them, as it didn't for me.

I love to help other hunters tame rares, especially the challenge ones. I've helped other hunters with Ban'thalos, using both my hunter and Hermione here. I've helped both horde and alliance with Deth'tilac, and Ankha and Magria. Just a couple of weeks ago I helped a guy get Terrorpene, then went to Twilight Highlands and also helped him get Karoma. He had been hunting for both of those for a while. The thrill of helping someone else get these pets is almost as sweet as getting them myself. I have a list of people with what rares they want so I can give a shout to them if they are on.

I just want to be able to see a pet and go "ahhhhh, he's so purty, I must have him" and actually be able to have him. :-)
100 Draenei Hunter
I really want more slots also. I only have two slots left and there's already at least seven new pets I want to tame. I've been staring at my stable for half an hour trying to decide which pets I could possibly abandon to make room for new ones, but I just can't bring myself to abandon any of them. I feel like I'd regret it afterwards.

PLEASE give us more slots! I find it cruel to add all these awesome new pets to the game when most people who enjoy collecting them can't even tame them because we don't have any room left. I really don't want to be forced to abandon old pets I've become attached to :(

And to everyone saying that there's something wrong if our stables are full because we don't need all those pets, please let us play the game the way we want. If you don't enjoy collecting pets, good for you, but a lot of people do so stop trying to rain on our parade. It won't affect you in any way if Blizzard decides to give us more slots.
92 Troll Hunter
I find the limitation of stable slots is really annoying. I'm an avid pet collector. I tame pets due to rarity, challenge/difficulty, types and of course, looks/skins/models. I do not want to tame every single pet, but I have a desire for a grand amount of pets that the current numbered slots can not hold.

There are plenty of Hunters that could easily have 30-50+ pets tamed and not be bored with them. I like to constantly rotate out my pets. Sure I have a handful that I bring out more, but I enjoy the freshness of having a large selection of pets to shake things up. With new expansions, patches and updates, we get new pet families, updated skins to older pets and brand new skins to existing pet families.

Having to release pets just to try out newer ones is ridiculous. There are people who enjoy the game past Min/maxing for raids and find enjoyment to discovering new pet potentials and to go on adventures with them. Just because you do not have a need for more then 5 pets should not be a hamper for others. I do not see why Blizzard can't introduce 5-10 new slots per expansion ( hell I wouldnt mind to pay gold for them) or to updated the stables to the likes of the mounts and non combat pets, just free space to fill as we desire.
90 Orc Hunter
147 new rares out as of 5.1 and I love the search,the wait and then the tame. It really gives me a break from other things in game such as guild master duties, pvp or raids. Just my own time. I would love to have some more stable slots so that I can continue to do this with out having to level more hunters.
90 Night Elf Hunter
i can understand the (possible) original reason for limiting the number of pets. Prior to MoP, when pets could each be specced differently, that amounted to the possibility of 25 unique pets that a hunter could call on. each with different skill sets.
if you equate that to other classes with 'pets'- warlocks, for example- that's a FAR greater number of pets available to hunters. understandably, there would have been a need to limit that in order to maintain class balance of some kind.

HOWEVER, now that MoP has normalized pet talent specs into only three possible PRESET talent trees, the only thing that will be unique from pet to pet is their individual special skill- IF they have one. (quilen's ability to res, for example.)

This effectively removes any reason for restricting the number of tamed pets we can have. If i tame any cat- regardless of the skin- it's going to only be either a ferocity, cunning, or tenacity. an imp, a felguard, or a void walker (going back to the warlock stable). even if you give spirit beasts their own heading, tho they still only get those trees to choose from, that's still only four types of pet.

that said- and to make this one of the longest posts no one will ever read...
my personal reason for wanting more slots:
My pets are special. every one has a history or a reason for why they're in my stable.
My second day playing WoW, stumbling through Goldshire, i saw my first Loque. He was stunning, standing there next to his Hunter. I stopped and stared, panning my camera like the newbie i was- babbling a mile a minute to my friends about what i was seeing, and how i absolutely HAD to find out what THAT was, and how i could have it!
That cat- the moment i saw him- erased any doubts i had about whether or not i was going to continue playing WoW, or return to my previous mmo.
The minute i was able to tame him, i went hunting for him. i found him the day after my 21 year old cat (a blue-eyed siamese) passed away. I tamed Loque, and with tears in my eyes, i named him Frankie, after my beloved friend.

since then i've helped exactly 12 other hunters tame Loque. for whatever reason, i'm just that lucky to always find him when i'm in the zone.

That's just one of a dozen epicly good reasons why i keep one pet or another. they're my 'purples.' then there are the 'blues'- the rares and unusual skins. the challenge tames. the ones i absolutely must keep, because getting them was either a fluke, or incredibly difficult, or someone i care deeply about was there to help me get the tame- whatever reason, i'll never part with them.
there are no greens left. the greens were the ones that i REALLY liked having, because i was attracted to their look, a particular ability, a fond memory of their first tame... but they're green because they are easily found again in game. should more slots ever open up, i can still go out and get them again.... that is, unless they go the way of the hydra.
>.< dear bliz, please let them not go the way of the hydra.
i'm out of slots. my epic pets will never be abandoned, and my blues are too dear to give up.

is there a reason why i should have to forego taming any of the new pets? the rare spawns? and what about future pets that will come? am i never going to be able to add any of THEM to my stable- and new memories to my game- just because the ones filling it mean too much to me?

i have an inordinate number of cats. i can't release them.
does having different skins on the same cat affect the game? for me, yes. many will say no, but i say most certainly yes. moreso before 5.1, when i had different talent builds on each pet for different situations. but i've found that even now, whether i pull out my spotted gem cat or my striped one- it affects how i FEEL about what i'm doing at that time in the game.when i have my spotted gem cat, Mymilkshake, out.. i'm generally feeling saucy. ;) competent and ready to go adventuring. the striped one is for the nitty gritty. the cat i use when i'm grinding something or trying to get a particular situation mastered.
similarly, one spirit beast may DO the same job as another, but each one fills a different role in my adventures in Azeroth. if i run around with Frankie, i feel connected. rooted. like i have earned my place in WoW. but then, I always pull out my spirit bear when i'm in Grizzly Hills. why? cuz. and i've never run thru utgarde without him. for me, he's just the pet for that instance.

if collecting hunter pets wasn't an acknowledged part of the game, then blizzard wouldn't keep MAKING special animals just for hunters to tame.
with that in mind, we should be given the space to accommodate these pets.

i just wish that i could have the opportunity to see what kind of experiences would surround taming and owning the new MoP rares...
90 Pandaren Mage
This is a good question and would be nice to have a blue response on.

The logic is flawed by Blizzard here and let me explain why. They reward you with unique mounts for having more and more mounts. They reward you the same with pets and allow you to capture multiple squirrels if you want. They give Hunters, a class that revolves around a pet, 2 stable tabs or 20 pets. lol, what? So I am rewarded for collecting Hawkstriders of differing colors but limited at a stable? How does this possibly make any remote form of sense?

It does not, not even remotely and is sad because I was looking forward to taming every unique I could find at end game. A fun scavenger hunt with a unique story, like the time some Alliance called a cease fire for my Horde hunter when they saw me taming Nuramoc. I named him after the Alliance that helped me and a Horde member that watched. Wish I could say the same for the story of me capturing that epic squirrel after a pet battle >_>
90 Draenei Shaman
01/21/2013 10:39 PMPosted by Draconîs
Wish I could say the same for the story of me capturing that epic squirrel after a pet battle >_>

LOL!
100 Dwarf Hunter
I thought about this for a long time. As much as I'd like more stable room, I think its better to have a limitation. I couldn't say what that limit would be, but my gut feeling is its pretty spot on right now.

That said, another solution might be a private menagerie. A place hunters can release pets into, and return to tame them again. A phased area that only that hunter has access to. Similar to the farming dailies. Perhaps even there, just add a corral off in the distance.

Another similar option would be to allow hunters to trade pets. I'm sure this has been discussed many times, allow a hunter to "free" his pet. Literally letting it go. It would stay in the area for a minute or so before running off and gone forever. During this time another hunter could tame same beast. Yes, this would open up a new market. Hunters taming rares to come back and sell to the highest bidder, but so what? Blizzard could even make it a gold sink of it by requiring a special license to do it, or even a one time use item. Charge hundred or even thousands of gold to do it. Wow... It could even become a profession of sorts, the Pet Tamer. I could see people rolling hunters just to get the profession.

Still one more... make hunter pets account bound. Then my other hunters of equal or greater level could use the same pets. Of course, that's a lot less likely to happen than a personal menagerie!
90 Night Elf Hunter
I really don't care at all about more slots. What I want most is some kind of portable stable. Even if it's a long cooldown or requires you to complete a questline, just let me switch pets during raids.
90 Night Elf Hunter
01/22/2013 02:21 PMPosted by Ecthariette
I really don't care at all about more slots. What I want most is some kind of portable stable. Even if it's a long cooldown or requires you to complete a questline, just let me switch pets during raids.

o.O but... but...we have that! five pets you can switch between, anywhere you are!
could you really need more than 5 different pets for one raid?
... i suppose... but.... really REALLY need? or just .. want?
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]