Rogues need nerfs

1 Night Elf Druid
I feel bad for saying this after seeing what rogues have gone through going into mop, but rogues are still too strong in both pve and pvp.

In pvp a rogue can take away over half of someone's health with a killing spree, have an 8 second stun, be unsnareable, and put out some of the best sustained pressure in game (obviously some of these traits are spec specific). They can destroy any opponent in wpvp (I've seen one take on a fire mage 4 levels higher than him, 86 v 90).

In pve, rogues are always doing the most damage either on trash or on the boss (usually not both though, guessing that it again has to do with specs). They really need to be brought back in line with the other specs though.

Is there any way that blizzard could nerf rogues while still making them fun? Or even adding more fun to the class? I mean I feel for you guys after seeing your changes in mop, but you are still too strong.

EDIT: Also, once rogue damage is nerfed, give combat some way to get around armor, seems like its the only spec that can't (outside of a 3 min cooldown).
Edited by Cyberchick on 9/27/2012 4:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
1 Night Elf Druid
As for suggestions:

Killing spree damage reduced by half (along with cooldown).

RvS no longer effects Kidney Shot.

Reduce mastery effect for assassination and sub. Reduce sang vein for sub. Reduce energy gain through adrenaline rush for combat.
Reply Quote
Stop talking, k thx
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
09/27/2012 07:32 AMPosted by Cozz
Stop talking, k thx
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
Stop talking, k thx
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Not only were rogues the most nerfed class coming into the expansion (that is an undeniable fact), but they also received the fewest new talents/glyphs/etc.

That being said, this guy wants to further gut the class and render is useless so he doesn't have to learn how to play his class properly. Get a clue...

Furthermore, you are posting on an alt. I mean, what's the deal? Are you afraid that you'd actually have to stand behind your statements?
Reply Quote
42 Pandaren Monk
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/thunderlord/redfang/advanced

TROLOLOLOL

Successful, Redfang.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/thunderlord/redfang/advanced

TROLOLOLOL

Successful, Redfang.

Teach me your ways
Reply Quote
10 Goblin Rogue
I can't believe he got bites, even after I mentioned his troll post in the ToOT thread.

I think that's an automatic 10/10
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Id!ot post much?

Need to roll a rogue and see how rogues are delicate creatures. If you get owned by a rogue atm, your bad, go troll your own class forums and re-read your class, perhaps reroll your current class, might help starting with basics.

As for nerf..... sure give us a KS nerf, I don't use combat, but buff our healing by 500% and give us a instant heals ohhh and a pet while your at it, maybe even quadriplets like a mage+

...yeah, that sounds about right..... ohh and dont forget to give us speed stacking abilities like a druid.
Reply Quote
1 Night Elf Druid
I can't believe he got bites, even after I mentioned his troll post in the ToOT thread.

I think that's an automatic 10/10

I'm really glad I made this thread, searching through my list of alts made me remember this one.

The name alone makes me want to level her up.

Id!ot post much?

Need to roll a rogue and see how rogues are delicate creatures. If you get owned by a rogue atm, your bad, go troll your own class forums and re-read your class, perhaps reroll your current class, might help starting with basics.

It's not my fault if rogues can take away half of someones health pool with 1 ability.

Wouldn't you complain about that if it came from any other class?

Same with an 8 second stun, most cc doesn't even last that long.
Edited by Cyberchick on 9/27/2012 9:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
OP: stack resilience? or pvp power?

What is this move that takes half their hp? We dont have one....just tried KS.....1/3 hp when all my bleeds, dots, and cd's blown+well fed+potions......yah its not op.....

I can own up to level 88 warriors atm and some palis, thats because although they have higher damage and health, I have not replaced my pvp gear, learn your class, grab your gear, lols cc's

clearly go raid a priest, your cc'd half the fight, the fears stack! you get a fear for 8seconds, then when its 2sec left, a new one pops up for like 5 seconds+mc+root+repeat... so they are like a whole fight cc class now. But dont nerf them, nerf rogues with really, no heal... because they have a "ability" (I got to find it still) that drops you to half hp....

I'm done with you 0/10

btw: there are these things called trinkets that remove stuns
Reply Quote
1 Night Elf Druid
09/27/2012 09:12 AMPosted by Packofcrows
clearly go raid a priest, your cc'd half the fight, the fears stack! you get a fear for 8seconds, then when its 2sec left, a new one pops up for like 5 seconds+mc+root+repeat... so they are like a whole fight cc class now. But dont nerf them, nerf rogues with really, no heal... because they have a "ability" (I got to find it still) that drops you to half hp....

Just because something else is more OP doesnt mean that the lesser OP things are not OP.

And even if KS just does 1/3 hp thats still too much for 1 ability.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
Yeah great idea, we aren't a pure DPS class after all.

We should be one of the highest dps. That's all we CAN do.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
Stop talking, k thx
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Agreed Kill spree is OP, nerf it down to -80% damage, sinister strike hits way too hard, i kill blood DKs for days just by spamming it, recoup is the most OP heal in the game, and with BoS i can have blade flurry up spamming all my abilities and still sprint constantly.

NERF ROGUES
Reply Quote
42 Pandaren Monk
It's 10 posts later, I seriously hope you aren't doing this anymore
Reply Quote
86 Night Elf Rogue
xD
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
As for suggestions:

Killing spree damage reduced by half (along with cooldown).

RvS no longer effects Kidney Shot.

Reduce mastery effect for assassination and sub. Reduce sang vein for sub. Reduce energy gain through adrenaline rush for combat.

Ok... so you want a combat rogue that relies only on killing spree, adreneline rush, and shadow blades for it's damage output to only rely only on adreneline rush and shadow blades which are both great moves but have a 3min cd and are easily avoided with moves like evasion, ice block, and dark bargain. I also don't think you realize that killing spree is an AOE attack, and if it were nerfed it'd be completely useless with more than one person in the area. On top of that (since I would only use killing spree on a target that is stunned because it is so risky to to use otherwise) you want a nerf on our RvS as well as our very average and not op damage for sub and mut.

How about instead, you learn how to play a toon? Is that too hard for you?
Reply Quote
10 Goblin Rogue
13.61/10
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]