How do I level lockpicking in Mop?

90 Orc Rogue
Just looking fore information on how I level my lockpicking in Mop. Do I just go pickpocketing or does it increase as I level?

Thanks!
Reply Quote
100 Troll Rogue
increase as you level.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
The same way you do every day, Pinky:
09/27/2012 09:32 AMPosted by Redfang
increase as you level.

Your lockpicking automatically goes up 5 points every level. There's nothing you can do to increase it beyond getting more XP.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Rogue
The same way you do every day, Pinky:
increase as you level.

Your lockpicking automatically goes up 5 points every level. There's nothing you can do to increase it beyond getting more XP.

Do those gloves that used to increase it still work?

Awe... They don't anymore.
Edited by Redfang on 9/27/2012 10:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
Thank you for the response
Reply Quote
Oh - interesting - I had read they were making it a practice thing again. I read wrong.

OK, loks like my bank gets cluttered with lockboxes for a while...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
Well if it levels according to your level, then why did they throw level 450 lock boxes on level 85 characters in MoP? the top level previously was 425 - and I'm at 425 - yet I cannot unlock a level 450? I'm halfway between 85 and 86. I should think they would let you pickpocket boxes at a level that would allow you to unlock it?
Edited by Sylviania on 9/28/2012 1:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
91 Undead Rogue
09/28/2012 01:36 PMPosted by Sylviania
Well if it levels according to your level, then why did they throw level 450 lock boxes on level 85 characters in MoP? the top level previously was 425 - and I'm at 425 - yet I cannot unlock a level 450? I'm halfway between 85 and 86. I should think they would let you pickpocket boxes at a level that would allow you to unlock it?

Just save it for a couple levels. What's the big deal?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage

Maybe you didn't read my post fully. These are not the lockboxes you get as a loot drop off a mob for killing it, they are pickpocketed off the mobs. The "big deal" is that these "practice" lock boxes that you pickpocket off of a mob do NOT stack and therefore take up a lot of space in your bank. I'm already selling and getting rid of as much stuff as I can in order to make room for other items needed for crafting, future/other characters, what-have-you. I do not have the space to be filling it up with boxes to be unlocked at an undetermined time.

In addition to that, if they are not turning it back into a practice thing again, then why bother giving you these lockboxes in the first place? In the past we only got them because they were for practice. If it automatically levels as you level, then why bother having them in there to begin with? There's no need for them. They took them out when they stopped having it a practice-leveling skill. Why put them back if they're not going back to that method?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
I'll run the risk that this ain't a troll thread, and recommend maybe considering cutting back a little on the lockpicking until you hit 90. What wonderful surprises will be in store for you then! It'll be like a big birthday party! I'm jealous.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
09/28/2012 05:34 PMPosted by Sylviania

Maybe you didn't read my post fully. These are not the lockboxes you get as a loot drop off a mob for killing it, they are pickpocketed off the mobs. The "big deal" is that these "practice" lock boxes that you pickpocket off of a mob do NOT stack and therefore take up a lot of space in your bank. I'm already selling and getting rid of as much stuff as I can in order to make room for other items needed for crafting, future/other characters, what-have-you. I do not have the space to be filling it up with boxes to be unlocked at an undetermined time.

In addition to that, if they are not turning it back into a practice thing again, then why bother giving you these lockboxes in the first place? In the past we only got them because they were for practice. If it automatically levels as you level, then why bother having them in there to begin with? There's no need for them. They took them out when they stopped having it a practice-leveling skill. Why put them back if they're not going back to that method?

The lockboxes you get from pickpocketing aren't "practice" boxes and have not been that since WotLK. Also, they never took the lockboxes you get from pickpocketing out of the game. They're a little nugget in the game just for rogues that contain money and sometimes some green gear. In Cata they randomly had Rogue Draughts, which were nice healing pots. The thing I like about them is the nice bit of gold they always have in them. I don't remember the amounts in Cata but so far in MoP I am getting between 10-40g a box. If you don't like the boxes, destroy them or don't loot them. To me he silver you get from pickpocketing is minimal and once you read the lusty novel once that flair is done. I pickpocket just for these boxes and am glad they are in the game.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
The lockboxes you get from pickpocketing aren't "practice" boxes and have not been that since WotLK. Also, they never took the lockboxes you get from pickpocketing out of the game. They're a little nugget in the game just for rogues that contain money and sometimes some green gear. In Cata they randomly had Rogue Draughts, which were nice healing pots. The thing I like about them is the nice bit of gold they always have in them. I don't remember the amounts in Cata but so far in MoP I am getting between 10-40g a box. If you don't like the boxes, destroy them or don't loot them. To me he silver you get from pickpocketing is minimal and once you read the lusty novel once that flair is done. I pickpocket just for these boxes and am glad they are in the game.

What level were you when you could start opening level 450 lockboxes?
Edited by Mimijack on 9/28/2012 11:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
93 Human Warlock
Although a Rogue is unable to open these a blacksmith can make Ghostly Keys to open them with. I have a level 85 Rogue and it seems like another stab in the eye to rogues who should be able to open them as well. I suppose Blizzard is wanting more rogue blacksmiths. I guess if all else fails I can have my smith open them until I can do it on the rogue, but that is one option to rogues whose banks are filling up.
Reply Quote
91 Human Hunter
casualized the lockpicking scene
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Vex
09/28/2012 11:47 PMPosted by Mimijack
What level were you when you could start opening level 450 lockboxes?
Level 450/5
Reply Quote
bottom line is this IMO, level 450 [Vine-Cracked Junkbox] PP at level 86 but you can't open it till 90?

who the hell comes up with these ideas?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
bottom line is this IMO, level 450 [Vine-Cracked Junkbox] PP at level 86 but you can't open it till 90?

who the hell comes up with these ideas?

They just didn't think. How hard would it be to make the level of the boxes even or one level about the mob?
Reply Quote
i can understand why they did that, to make the player want to level quicker and wut not. ya kno, get all excited like "oh snap im high enough level, time to open a million lock boxes that i bin collecting." but still, atleast throw something in the mix for us to play with lockpicking instead of having to wait till level 90 to ue lockpick for MoP... i wish it was still like vanilla, where it depends on how many locks you have picked and so on. it made it so much more worth it. idk, maybe its just me, but wow has become so freaking simple compared to the old days where it took actual skill and smarts instead of these days where you just gotta have common sense..... i still love wow tho lol
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]